What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang Pseudo block infinite explained

Orignal topic, where did you go babe? DERAILED!

No but seriously althought I disagree with his execution Tom usually shares very useful information and definitely has a right to be upset about a lot of this shit.

Both have launching lows with an overhead that knocks down. Both had FBCs with no launching 50/50s and were designed around FBC blockstrings and pressure. Only difference is that Scorpion is more anti-zoner with a restand while Liu is more zoner with armour-breaking and a +2 fullscreen MB Flying Kick. You act as if you'd hit F4 often against a good opponent. It's a hella reactable overhead that you'll only hit a few times in a set.

I'm not against Liu's FBRCs or FBDCs, I'm against knee-jerk reactions.
I still completely disagree with your logic as you seem to be undermining the major differences in the two characters (I have played both extensively and know their ins and outs) but we can definitely agree on the knee-jerk reaction thing.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I still completely disagree with your logic as you seem to be undermining the major differences in the two characters (I have played both extensively and know their ins and outs) but we can definitely agree on the knee-jerk reaction thing.
I main both lol

But on the topic of the thread, yes it's very good.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I am guessing you mean cancelling out of special moves not normals but either way, definitely not a fan of that suggestion. This game could be a bunch of super boring 50/50s. The cancelling allows Liu--who has no true 50/50--to open up otherwise perma low blocking opponents.
Referring to characters with ie fireball cancels that allow for broken mechanics or tactics like this(I'm not against all cancels like say running cancelling into combos) that's fine, I'm referring to cases like Kabal's dash cancel MK 9 or MK X LK, Scorp fireball cancels etc which lead to free pressure. I'm all for a character being improved but that doesn't mean it's ok for him to have something clearly broken. Tom even says in the second vid unless you have shinnok's pokes, backdash(and even if you can backdash) you're wasting meter since they have a meter on backdashing in this game, you're screwed once LK gets in.

I enjoy the game, will always enjoy MK but let's face it this is one thing the older games never had an issue/problem with because there were no "cancelling moves" If you take that away, Kabal isn't nearly a big as an issue in MK 9, nor is LK in this game as big an issue with this block infinite. NRS needs to fix it, otherwise it'll get to the point where everyone who wants to win just runs to LK and we have MK 9 Kabal, KL etc all over again. "Owe this guys broken, time for easy win block infinites" I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of that mentality.

I've seen people online zone well with LK, I don't believe you need 50/50's to win. Hell when I use KJ(ancestral and Tremor) I do my best to zone, sometimes I don't even get any 50/50's. I know MK X it's a big part of it (50/50's)but LK is also among the fastest up close and not exactly a shitty character. If they want to allow him to have pressure up close, that's fine just remove the block infinites/partials etc. Cause honestly that's just not fun to watch nor fight against.

This is just my personal opinion on the subject though, I'm sure lots of people have their own in here. I do think Tom brings up a lot of valid points though.

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Maybe i wouldn't but had a private conversation with the guy and comments like that from him means something more. Don't let him fool u.

And actually im one of the most difficult guys to get mad.

Don't get it twisted. I've thought Xaramara was a pinhead from the day he argued with Dizzy about counterpoking six frame d1s on reaction.

But i just don't think it's worth going Ultimate Warrior over.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Don't get it twisted. I've thought Xaramara was a pinhead from the day he argued with Dizzy about counterpoking six frame d1s on reaction.

Do I post it... or let him post it....

So conflicted...

Thn you see where im coming from. If it was that serious to me, i would have a screenshot of the messages he sent me in the private chat to show why i responded that way. If it was someone else who would have said that, i would just have trolled back (knowing how i am since im also a troll in some cases).

But for xarakamaka, its a different story so sorry not sorry. Lets stay on topic tho.

Liu is fine in terms of his design and he is an all around solid character. Just tweak the dash cancels so that we have to commit to stamina to actually get the plus frames. Everything else on him is fine imo.

People fail to realize that after the mb flying kick into bicycle kick, we HAVE to commit to b12 into some type of special depending on the character having meter. Any other option will either trade or liu will get beat out. Also b12 into any special besides a high/low fireball (i believe) can get armored out of on reaction...or if liu does b12 fbrc, that has a gap in that as well and can be poked out of.

His pressure is very mu dependant when the one on the defensive has armor.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Yet there are still scrubs creating threads like "what does LK needs to be viable" or "LK needs buffs" etc etc lol

I didn't even bother clicking on those threads.