What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang Pseudo block infinite explained

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I literally can't stand Kang.

The issues isn't just the infinite itself, it's the options that the he gains from the infinite that are even more ridiculous, for a start, B1 breaks amour and he can still go into his MB fly kick for the advantage and into the loop again.

Taking the hit to out get is always a massive risk when the opponent is actually good (good for the lack of a better word) with him and have fundamentals, (which most players who use him don't), and when you decide to take the hit you eat F44...and then its full combo, corner carry, or knocked fullscreen and begin trying to get past his barrage of low fire ball, low fire ball, low fireball.

Don't forget his D3 being +1 on block...
Don't forget his F21 being -3 on block...
Don't forget his B1 being 9 frames mid...
Don't forget his Low starting F44...
Don't forget his Dragon kick being -8 on block and almost impossible to wiff punish...
Don't fotget his option to MB that move for advantage...
Don't forget that he coverts 40%+ from his F44...
And please don't forget that you constantly have to be crouch blocking, putting yourself 1 more frame negative.

After all this is done, once you finally hit him, he has tons of meter to break, and he has access to SAFE REPEATABLE ARMOUR, that will launch you full screen again.

This character is so fucking stupid and mega easy mode, and the only reason it isn't more common is because a Liu Kang player hasn't won a major yet, how? I have no idea.

I am completely at a loss as to how this character has managed to slip past two major patches, and was actually buffed...while Sub Zero, Raiden, Tanya and Erron Black were all nerfed for considerably less bullshit than this.

I am incredibly worried about the next patch, because I don't know what the bases for nerfing and buffing really is anymore, it may only be on reaction to tournaments, what is commonly used, and not what a characters tool set actually is.
But he doesnt have a convertible overhead bro

It is a true block infinite at least for Predator, Takeda, Quan Chi because their fastest moves are 8 frames and their armor doesn't get them out. It is too slow and gets broken more times then not. Also @Tom Brady Flying kick MB is +2 on block, Liu's f2 is 10 frames, 8 frame poke wouldn't even trade because there is a frame to get out of the block animation (unless it is a reversal special). So the 7 frame poke should trade with f2 if Liu is on point.
Also 7 repetitions of f213xxDash which are guaranteed with full stamina = 2 bars of meter built, and about 20% chip done))))))
Edit: Predator can trade with his 7 frame d3)

haketh

Noob
Yea if anything should be changed/nerfed it should be the frame advantage on F213 should be lessened to the point where he doesn't get enough advantage to dash forward and beat any poke that isn't at least 7 frames, I do agree that Liu should maintain frame advantage from the string if he uses run cancel afterwards tho, since he is spending more stamina, and will only get 2 reps at best.
Do that and you mess over Dualist & FF unless NRS nerfs DF frame advantage specifically.

don't forget liu kang can stuff the majority of armor with a 9 frame or whatever it is b1. It can also be cancelled into mb flying and he can do it again. Another problem it b12 has such fast recovery you have to guess whether he is going ot cancel into flying kick, and he can input this into his pressure to regain his stamina. Just another pressure tool. You can even stagger a raw back 1. The characters pressure is ridiculous...

Kung Lao Tempest has similar junk with 112124, you have to guess whether he finishes 11212 or 112124, on top of the frame trap loops.

It is a true block infinite at least for Predator, Takeda, Quan Chi because their fastest moves are 8 frames and their armor doesn't get them out. It is too slow and gets broken more times then not. Also @Tom Brady Flying kick MB is +2 on block, Liu's f2 is 10 frames, 8 frame poke wouldn't even trade because there is a frame to get out of the block animation (unless it is a reversal special). So the 7 frame poke should trade with f2 if Liu is on point.
Also 7 repetitions of f213xxDash which are guaranteed with full stamina = 2 bars of meter built, and about 20% chip done))))))
Edit: Predator can trade with his 7 frame d3)
It's back to my Week 1 matches vs liu kangs with quan where i kill them from full screen or they get in and kill me, except it's hish qu ten instead of prepatch summoner.

JDM

Noob
Tom I usually shit on your videos or argue with you, and while I disagree with this one as well I would like to say I like your voice :)

JDM

Noob
I think the dash cancels should be nerfed but not the run cancels. Hellfire scorpion is trash now after his nerfs so we see that NRS can't fucking nerf correctly so I'm worried for Liu.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I see where you're coming from , but his had an ending and could only be looped twice , Liu kang can get all of his stamina back , and still be plus.
I get your point,but there are options in the LK case,against scorpion you could do nothing,but even if I am right scorpion did not deserve that kind of treatment now you can do everything though his pressure......sad!!!

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
I think the dash cancels should be nerfed but not the run cancels. Hellfire scorpion is trash now after his nerfs so we see that NRS can't fucking nerf correctly so I'm worried for Liu.
At least they take a look at them,our forgotten johnny?what about him?never mind out of topic........

Error404

Noob
I don't understand why this kind of pressure isn't even across the board for all characters. Run cancels should be plus , dash cancels should be negative , but safe. Why isn't this universal ?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Remember guys, this is DRAGON FIRE only. I haven't seen any "nerf complaints" but LK shouldn't be touched as a character.. Only DF should.. As nerfing/normalizing LK as a character would destroy the Dualist variation :oops:
For what it's worth, I have been working closely with ideas with the known frame data to ensure that Flame Fist and Dualist aren't inadvertently flushed down the toilet by Dragon's Fire's proposed changes, I can't make no promises though.

Scorpion was a better character to the majority of people's opinion
However, this is not down to opinions, Dragon's Fire's FBRC arsenal is statistically superior to pre-patch Hellfire Scorpion's in almost every aspect, and I play both characters, how this is still around in it's current state is mighty question begging. If we're talking about their respective other variations then that may be up for debate.

How about we DON'T nerf Liu Kang. Or anyone?

This is me, speaking from the stand point of a character that can't escape this pressure.

Leave Liu Kang alone.

Note: I am not saying the OP suggested this. This is more of a pre-emptive thing.

P.S. Can we admit that Dragonfire is better than Flame Fist now?
I wouldn't write off Flame Fist just yet, the problem is a lot of people seem to be playing the variation as if it's simply supposed to be Dragon's Fire for dummies, which makes it worse by default lol.

Solution:
1. Play Dragon's Fire Liu Kang.
2. Learn F213FBDCF213FBDCF213FBDCF213FBDCF213FBDCF213FBDCF213FBDC.
3. Beat the thousands of over represented DF LKs that are currently dominating the competitive scene with his infinite blockstring by getting good.​

1/ b1 i believe is 10 frames not 9 . test for yourselves
2/ f213 dc f213 dc beats 7 frame specials
3/ @Tim Static i expect youll close this thread down as u did mine that i made about this since its curbo who found it and youll speak to him as yousaid. I told u this is important tech and should be known . you see how just closing threads without asking anyone or talking first is a dumb !!! thing to do. nice one tom though for making a vid