What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

Here is some fun "bug" that happens if you meter burn BK on female characters:

It seems that female reversals think that Liu Kang will land on the other side with his meter burned overhead and do reversal to the other side, while Liu Kang remains on the same one.

Doesn't work on D'Vorah because she is too small and Liu Kang always lands in front of her and doesn't work on Tanya because she has a size of a man.
I know of something very similar (idk if you or anyone else knows) with kitana where even if i time it correctly, the mb flying bicycle kick goes over her, still.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
That's the thing I still haven't met a Liu kang main that uses Xbox pad and can get 4iafb consistently online , I don't know why. I don't like Liu kangs that use hitboxes, their cancels and iafbs get no love from me using one of them haha :D

Real talk, how different is the Xbox pad from the Ps4? I always thought that people who use hitbox is freaking cheating.

PapaRegadetho

I never used ps4 pad , but I'll have to learn to play offline tournies , I like Xbox pad though , it does everything you need in this game

Oh, I don't know why I thought you played on both platforms. Well, it looks comfy, thankfully MS paid some attention on the d-pad this time around.Offline is the shit, I won a Ps4 in Croatia, Zagreb with Liu Kang back in June , poor bastards underestimated me shamelessly. xD

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
I never used ps4 pad , but I'll have to learn to play offline tournies , I like Xbox pad though , it does everything you need in this game
The 360 pad was terrible for MK9, I take it they've improved greatly since you're swearing by the Xbone controller?

Side note: Calling hitbox users cheaters is pretty petty and dismissive, imo. I myself use the standard PS4 pad.

PapaRegadetho

The 360 pad was terrible for MK9, I take it they've improved greatly since you're swearing by the Xbone controller?

Side note: Calling hitbox users cheaters is pretty petty and dismissive, imo. I myself use the standard PS4 pad.
You're right, it is. But it is a bit disrespectful to a player who grinds his ass off to learn some of the hard stuff. By all means go for it, play with a hitbox, but for me its going to be more rewarding to play with a pad or a stick.You know, the old school way. :)

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
You're right, it is. But it is a bit disrespectful to a player who grinds his ass off to learn some of the hard stuff. By all means go for it, play with a hitbox, but for me its going to be more rewarding to play with a pad or a stick.You know, the old school way. :)
that's kinda ignorant lol.. while hitbox makes some things easier, it doesn't change the fact that you still have a learning curve between controllers. Not to mention there is nothing in MK that is hard in the first place. Everything done on a hitbox can easily be done on pad as well.

that's kinda ignorant lol.. while hitbox makes some things easier, it doesn't change the fact that you still have a learning curve between controllers. Not to mention there is nothing in MK that is hard in the first place. Everything done on a hitbox can easily be done on pad as well.
Not to mention there is nothing in mk that is hard In the first place? I think I must be reading this wrong or something, you think nothing is difficult to do with Liu kang? Just clarifying . Sure hitbox users still need to practice to get good agreed, I just don't find it impressive

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Not to mention there is nothing in mk that is hard In the first place? I think I must be reading this wrong or something, you think nothing is difficult to do with Liu kang? Just clarifying . Sure hitbox users still need to practice to get good agreed, I just don't find it impressive
Honestly nothing is really hard in MK compared to some other games execution.. So yes you read it right, Of course there are and always have been some Impractical combos that can be a little hard, but again even those impractical combos are really not that insane to some of the other impractical combos in other games as well..

Nothing to be ashamed of rofl.. Doesn't take away from the game at all. Being hard doesn't mean its better or worse, but it's the truth. doing a few instant airs on Liu kang isn't an amazing feat as far as execution goes. His Cancel's aren't even hard just like everyone elses aren't hard either. Kabal was a lot harder imo than any of these cancels, probably harder than any of the characters in MK9 - MKX. That being said, i still don't think he was Super Difficult (ON PAD, HITBOX, STICK etc it was all the same)

Honestly nothing is really hard in MK compared to some other games execution.. So yes you read it right, Of course there are and always have been some Impractical combos that can be a little hard, but again even those impractical combos are really not that insane to some of the other impractical combos in other games as well..

Nothing to be ashamed of rofl.. Doesn't take away from the game at all. Being hard doesn't mean its better or worse, but it's the truth. doing a few instant airs on Liu kang isn't an amazing feat as far as execution goes. His Cancel's aren't even hard just like everyone elses aren't hard either. Kabal was a lot harder imo than any of these cancels, probably harder than any of the characters in MK9 - MKX. That being said, i still don't think he was Super Difficult (ON PAD, HITBOX, STICK etc it was all the same)
This ladies and gentleman is called someone who doesn't have a clue about Liu kangs cancels lmao , no offence dude but no Liu kang player will agree with that , and if they do then they aren't doing his tricky cancels , f213 fbrc, f213 fbrc is easy as hell yes, Also 113 - 5xiafb combos aren't hard? Mate your mad , you don't even know how to do just frame cancels lol no one on this planet can do ALL of his tricky cancels consistent yet, they are VERY very HARD Lolol :), Kabal is EASIER Than Liu kangs cancels!!!! I should know I played them both enough :D

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Pad isn't impressive either lol. Ever tried playing on a hitbox? It's hard as fuck and a tough transition. Something truly unique. To be able to master this is very impressive imo. So cerebral too, as it separates the movement buttons to different sides of your brain. I have mad respect for hitbox players.

Pad isn't impressive either lol. Ever tried playing on a hitbox? It's hard as fuck and a tough transition. Something truly unique. To be able to master this is very impressive imo. So cerebral too, as it separates the movement buttons to different sides of your brain. I have mad respect for hitbox players.
Oh , I'm only going by what hitbox players tell me that it's a LOT easier on hitbox , it's all I ever hear. And the Xboxone pad does everything fine , I just heard iafbs are really easy in comparison and cancels but to say Liu kang isn't hard is the most ridiculous thing I heard someone say lol

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Oh , I'm only going by what hitbox players tell me that it's a LOT easier on hitbox , it's all I ever hear. And the Xboxone pad does everything fine , I just heard iafbs are really easy in comparison and cancels but to say Liu kang isn't hard is the most ridiculous thing I heard someone say lol
i have been using hitbox since INJ and i will still say to this day my defense and certain aspects of my game are still better on pad. i can use hitbox and pad and play DF the same, the only that changes imo is reactionary instant air fireballs to anti air with. on hitbox i will always be confident in doing them to anti air kung jins and kung laos and stuff. but on pad i can't go from playing footsies to IAFB as fast as i could on hitbox. that said hitbox takes a long time to master and i still struggle with timing things because i do them so fast they won't come out sometimes, like IAFB in a combo in the heat of the moment like in tournament, if i'm nervous i'll end up doing them to fast.

i have been using hitbox since INJ and i will still say to this day my defense and certain aspects of my game are still better on pad. i can use hitbox and pad and play DF the same, the only that changes imo is reactionary instant air fireballs to anti air with. on hitbox i will always be confident in doing them to anti air kung jins and kung laos and stuff. but on pad i can't go from playing footsies to IAFB as fast as i could on hitbox. that said hitbox takes a long time to master and i still struggle with timing things because i do them so fast they won't come out sometimes, like IAFB in a combo in the heat of the moment like in tournament, if i'm nervous i'll end up doing them to fast.
Nice :D , I'm happy with Xbox pad it's good for Liu kang I think , I just get tired of hearing other Liu kang players saying that Liu kangs cancels aren't difficult , but they don't even know what cancels are difficult lol they just think f213 fbrc into f44 for example which I class as ridiculously easy. But anyway , are you still practising dragon fire zyphox?

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
This ladies and gentleman is called someone who doesn't have a clue about Liu kangs cancels lmao , no offence dude but no Liu kang player will agree with that , and if they do then they aren't doing his tricky cancels , f213 fbrc, f213 fbrc is easy as hell yes, Also 113 - 5xiafb combos aren't hard? Mate your mad , you don't even know how to do just frame cancels lol no one on this planet can do ALL of his tricky cancels consistent yet, they are VERY very HARD Lolol :), Kabal is EASIER Than Liu kangs cancels!!!! I should know I played them both enough :D
RM_ATK was actually considered the best liu kang player offline before he quit mkx a few months back. He definitely knows the character brother

RM_ATK was actually considered the best liu kang player offline before he quit mkx a few months back. He definitely knows the character brother
He knows the character? He obviously doesn't even know the cancels if he says they're not hard. You should know that silver rye , you main Liu . are u really defending what he's saying? Looool I'll make a list if you want , you try the cancels and tell me if anyone can do them consistently , because no one can do them yet , nor can anyone get 5 iafbs off 113 consistently , he cudnt even do any of these cancels or combos , gimme a break Lolol , some of the tricky cancels I found with my secret tech that I showed ppl on stream or told , so he won't even know what a few of them are

Getting iafb for combos doesn't mean anything if u do them or not. Now the cancels are a different story. Doing the cancels are easy but getting them on the correct frame is the true challenge.