What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
What's the technique to making meter burn dragon kick not whiff on crouch blockers? Whenever I do it I just fly right past the enemy and get no plus frames.

Same goes for regular bicycle kick. Just goes over their head and whiffs.
Delay it a bit. Don't Mb it immediately

Kaneki

UPR Kaneki
How low ki good is Liu D2? It has a nice startup and reach but I don't see a lot of people use it online(probably offline but idk)

Over Devorah, Sonya, Tremor, Jax, Kotal...and Shinnok?

Okay.
Oh I know the hit box imo is better than Dvorah , he's is more vertical. Liu kang a has like an invisible hitbox it's so good. Test yourself, I don't know about kotal khans, but I know it's great . I don't think anyone's hitbox on uppercut is more than Liu Kangs . Maybe they do but I doubt it

kaseyk

Noob
Lk d2 is far from best . Only thing it's best at is speed . It's shit as far as its uses go .
It is bad for AA it doesn't reach far bad for stopping cross over and almost never can be followed .
Jax easily has the best d2 and many have more useful d2 than lk but you don't see them because they have a better option like lao for example , even without spin you shouldn't be able to jump at him with that super reaching near full circle arcing d2 lol

Lk d2 is far from best . Only thing it's best at is speed . It's shit as far as its uses go .
It is bad for AA it doesn't reach far bad for stopping cross over and almost never can be followed .
Jax easily has the best d2 and many have more useful d2 than lk but you don't see them because they have a better option like lao for example , even without spin you shouldn't be able to jump at him with that super reaching near full circle arcing d2 lol
Disagree bro :,( , it reaches far as heck !!!! When done at max range dude.... And it's fast :( . I'll have to test the others. I'll report back

Jax uppercut hit box is worse than Liu Kangs @kaseyk it's more vertical.... Liu Kangs better range and 7 frames . Who else do you guys think has a better uppercut and I'll test it

there are different properties making uppercuts unique.

D'vorah's lowers her hitbox and has massive range.

Jax's uppercut is fast, hits behind him and in some cases allows him to follow up with a combo after AA.

Shinnok's has a very good D2. one of the best in the game and more reliable than Liu Kang's uppercut imo.

there are different properties making uppercuts unique.

D'vorah's lowers her hitbox and has massive range.

Jax's uppercut is fast, hits behind him and in some cases allows him to follow up with a combo after AA.

Shinnok's has a very good D2. one of the best in the game and more reliable than Liu Kang's uppercut imo.
Undeadjim I'm speaking to now says jax is better than shinnok and only person u cud argue is better than lius is jax , but it's preference . Same speed , but different hit boxes. Jaxs is vertical. Lius is twice as far hitbox wise.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Undeadjim I'm speaking to now says jax is better than shinnok and only person u cud argue is better than lius is jax , but it's preference . Same speed , but different hit boxes. Jaxs is vertical. Lius is twice as far hitbox wise.
For AA purposes, there's no way Liu's D2 is better than D'Vorah's man. Come on now. -.-

kaseyk

Noob
Jax uppercut hit box is worse than Liu Kangs @kaseyk it's more vertical.... Liu Kangs better range and 7 frames . Who else do you guys think has a better uppercut and I'll test it
you can not cross over jax it hits behind him and grants full combo on AA ( best in game hands down ) , kotal also hits near behind him also full combo on AA . dvorahs is one of the best AA d2 .
lao has great d2 but you never see it because he has better option in spin .
tanya's d2 is identical in motion but seems to be more reliable as an AA .
f/t weird d2 but works well and can combo from it

i feel the 7 fr speed is a none factor because it just isn't that good at what it's meant for (AA)
we all agreed on it being poopoo very early but if it is working for you good on ya .

you can not cross over jax it hits behind him and grants full combo on AA ( best in game hands down ) , kotal also hits near behind him also full combo on AA . dvorahs is one of the best AA d2 .
lao has great d2 but you never see it because he has better option in spin .
tanya's d2 is identical in motion but seems to be more reliable as an AA .
f/t weird d2 but works well and can combo from it

i feel the 7 fr speed is a none factor because it just isn't that good at what it's meant for (AA)
we all agreed on it being poopoo very early but if it is working for you good on ya .
Kotal Khan prob better but Liu kings uppercut has furthest hitbox in the game and 7frames
For AA purposes, there's no way Liu's D2 is better than D'Vorah's man. Come on now. -.-
Depends on the angle , Liu got biggest reach . Prob not best in game but got to be top 3 . Test it out for yourselves lol ....

kaseyk

Noob
it has good reach against stand blocking or whiffed grounded opponents but AA reach is pretty normal and it doesn't reach very far behind him not even past his front shoulder which really kills it

it has good reach against stand blocking or whiffed grounded opponents but AA reach is pretty normal and it doesn't reach very far behind him not even past his front shoulder which really kills it
His reach is normal? Lol who else's reach is better then?

kaseyk

Noob
AA diagonal reach ? horizontal ? whos d2 doesnt have equal or better reach (takeda mileena and jacky don't) ?
it doesn't matter whos reaches outward to me so much it matters the usefulness of it .
in what situation is lk d2 great ? all i can think of is a poorly spaced jump in

we did this for igau too but that game had far more useful d2's

CAM THE SAGE

THERE IS FEAR IN YOUR HEART
"Death will reveal the truth."

http://i.imgur.com/U5iWLlF.gif
Update: 04/18th/2015 – This is now the General Discussion thread for the Dragon's Fire and Flame Fist variations.

Discuss tech, strategies and just about anything regarding Liu Kang here; including, but not limited to, what amusing nicknames to give him, whether or not he should've been a zombie, and how much more influence he can get from Mr. Bruce Lee.

This post will be updated from time to time with links to important threads, current information, good video guides and other things of the sort as they come. (For Dualist, too!)

----[ General ]----

Better Combo Thread by Derptile.
Liu Kang Video Thread.
Guide to spelling "Liu Kang".

----[ Dragon's Fire ]----

Post-patch FBRC Frame Data.
Fireball Cancel Tutorial Video.
Unbreakable Damage Technique.
How to Instant-Air Fireball Video Tutorial, by GreatKungLao. (Done on PS4 pad.)

----[ Flame Fist ]----

A Guide For Flame Fist by Percimon.
How to cancel Shaolin Flame into Windmill Punch Video Tutorial by GreatKungLao.
Flame Fist Starter Combos For Beginners.

----[ Dualist ]----

Dualist Bread 'n Butter Tutorial Video.
Dualist Guide by FOREVER EL1TE. [OUTDATED]
Video: Soul Sphere Setup Combos.
Tech: Unblockable Dark Sphere Setups.
Tech: Dark Sphere Anti-Wakeup Setup.
Dualist General Discussion.
Dualist Technical Information. (Cancel Advantage, Frame Data, Bugs.) [OUTDATED]
I'm going to pick up Liu does anyone got any tips or can practice with me

Alakai

Noob
There are some pretty stupid jump ins in this game (kotal jump 1, lao jump2) and liu can anti air them. To me that makes it a very good d2.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Flame Fist users, how do you deal with the gaps in his pressure once people know where they are? How do you stop from say, Lao just EX Spinning you?

kaseyk

Noob
not do wp outside of hit confirm and do db2 instead or armor through reversal .
assuming you are talking about gaps in wp cancels .

lao doesnt even have to burn meter he can just do spin and punish wp cancels