What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
not do wp outside of hit confirm and do db2 instead or armor through reversal .
assuming you are talking about gaps in wp cancels .

lao doesnt even have to burn meter he can just do spin and punish wp cancels
Yea that's what I meant. So you can't really chip against him then because he can just spin you? Damn. What about something like string into WP into EX Fire Hands. Is that a good bait on block to stay safe and apply some pressure or not worth the meter?

AA diagonal reach ? horizontal ? whos d2 doesnt have equal or better reach (takeda mileena and jacky don't) ?
it doesn't matter whos reaches outward to me so much it matters the usefulness of it .
in what situation is lk d2 great ? all i can think of is a poorly spaced jump in

we did this for igau too but that game had far more useful d2's
Wow, I'll stop talking now and let you think what you think lol. I love tym sometimes

kaseyk

Noob
rego wp cancel is full combo punishable by lao always and alot of other characters aswell .
exwp-sf-exwp will beat the ex spin and if they only cost around 1 and 1/4 bar do to meter gains .
not so bad to do once you figure out how to cancel sf consistently if you havent already .

kaseyk

Noob
Wow, I'll stop talking now and let you think what you think lol. I love tym sometimes
your misinterpreting my meaning was no offense meant fellow lk main . i don't like his d2 many others do though . simply stating it's not the best .

we did the whole who has the best d2 in igau , that really happened lol , but i forgot d2 is really good with dualist combos .

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea @kaseyk yea I've got the cancel timing down pretty solid. New to the character and only fought a couple of training partners who use Lao and Cassie about 40min each, and got blown up due to lack of character knowledge. So my questions might sound noobish lol. But here they are-

1) So stay away from regular WP Cancel because it gets blown up too easy? Stick to EX? Regular WP is only good for hit confirm meterless damage?

2) Say if you do a string on block into EX WP, what's your safest next move after EX WP if all options have a counter to them? Do you just have to try and outthink your opponent or is there an option that works more often?

3) What is the best way to wake up against Lao pressure, or in general? The parry, Armor Punch, or EX WP? Or something else?

Those are probably three things I didn't get a grasp on when using him.

kaseyk

Noob
1) if they are beating gap always (mileena gets a free roll on that gap) yes exwp or you are guessing with less options . you are always at risk on blocked wp from njp or low poke or armor and in alot of cases the risk/reward is in their favor .
in corner you can get up to some pretty nice dmg with and without meter after wp so your options are alot better there and they probably hold block more .

2) thats character specific cassie can ex flipkick away and you will get punished for canceling into sf-wp or you can sf-parry it will miss your parry and you get a free fb or she will rego flipkick and both options win for you . downfall to exwp-sf-exwp it can be back jumped full combo punished so unfortunately you have to out think them but your options are far better after exwp (not a free punish ) and you get almost all your meter back so why not right .

3) dr is safe but can be low profiled , wp is great if they are trying to armor you or low profile , delay wakeup and try parry is hard to do .
all 3 get destroyed by njp but if you see njp dragon kick wins . lk like everyone else struggles against lao on knockdown :p

fb and iafb are amazing in ff also you get easy big dmg on corner combos or hard to do huge dmg corner combos .
most inviting variation to start with kang my

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
1) if they are beating gap always (mileena gets a free roll on that gap) yes exwp or you are guessing with less options . you are always at risk on blocked wp from njp or low poke or armor and in alot of cases the risk/reward is in their favor .
in corner you can get up to some pretty nice dmg with and without meter after wp so your options are alot better there and they probably hold block more .

2) thats character specific cassie can ex flipkick away and you will get punished for canceling into sf-wp or you can sf-parry it will miss your parry and you get a free fb or she will rego flipkick and both options win for you . downfall to exwp-sf-exwp it can be back jumped full combo punished so unfortunately you have to out think them but your options are far better after exwp (not a free punish ) and you get almost all your meter back so why not right .

3) dr is safe but can be low profiled , wp is great if they are trying to armor you or low profile , delay wakeup and try parry is hard to do .
all 3 get destroyed by njp but if you see njp dragon kick wins . lk like everyone else struggles against lao on knockdown :p

fb and iafb are amazing in ff also you get easy big dmg on corner combos or hard to do huge dmg corner combos .
most inviting variation to start with kang my
Thanks man this has been a great, huge help!!! :)

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Anybody else feel FF should either switch with DF or just get DF's IAFB?

FF is the superior zoner class, so it should have DF's IAFB animation.

How bout an update, NRS

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
So I am finally getting around and learning Liu Kang, a character I wanted to learn since launch and I am finding that ending strings with Pressure with Double Dragon Kick and Dragons Roar leave you at a real nice spacing.

This is just one example and I hope plenty more to come when it comes to baiting an armored move and punishing it.

Also if you read an EX Teleport just do a Forward dash and it will end up with the same result.​

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
So I am finally getting around and learning Liu Kang, a character I wanted to learn since launch and I am finding that ending strings with Pressure with Double Dragon Kick and Dragons Roar leave you at a real nice spacing.

This is just one example and I hope plenty more to come when it comes to baiting an armored move and punishing it.

Also if you read an EX Teleport just do a Forward dash and it will end up with the same result.​
I've been using backdash after DF's flying kick since forever, it is really viable against some characters who try to punish FK on block, but then get whiff punished. Too bad there is stuff like Johnny Cage's knee that will reach your backdashing.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
So without making a new thread, I was wondering what kind of changes would you guys like in the upcoming patch? We all know he is going to get nerfed, what would be a a good compensation without mentioning the whiffing issues to be fixed? I'd personally would like s11 to have less recovery, comparable to JCs s11. 7 frame d1, faster ji2 or ji3 or at least ji2 to have more active frames. Thoughts?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
So without making a new thread, I was wondering what kind of changes would you guys like in the upcoming patch? We all know he is going to get nerfed, what would be a a good compensation without mentioning the whiffing issues to be fixed? I'd personally would like s11 to have less recovery, comparable to JCs s11. 7 frame d1, faster ji2 or ji3 or at least ji2 to have more active frames. Thoughts?
Depends how much he gets nerfed

But give him instant recovery after hit air fireball so he can combo it
, if he only got slightly nerfed then don't give it to him :D

PapaRegadetho

Depends how much he gets nerfed

But give him instant recovery after hit air fireball so he can combo it
, if he only got slightly nerfed then don't give it to him :D
If Paulo even remotely paid attention to us, hopefully its just fk mb, in that case, he just needs his whiffing issues to be fixed and I'd be happy.
Yeah, that be cool :D

I hope his d1 goes from 9f to 8f on start up if they nerf mb flying kick. Also imo since the overhead after mb flying bicycle kick has a gap, i feel as though that should be buffed to plus 2 on block for having to spend two bars of meter.

PapaRegadetho

I hope his d1 goes from 9f to 8f on start up if they nerf mb flying kick. Also imo since the overhead after mb flying bicycle kick has a gap, i feel as though that should be buffed to plus 2 on block for having to spend two bars of meter.
Nah man, you can just mb the bycicle kick earlier if you know your opponent is going to armor through it, besides buffing it to plus 2 might have the same effect as fk mb in the corner..

RM_Gamer

Noob
So is ferra Thor a bad match up for kang? I had issues myself when I played whiteboi. Ferra toss, range and kang struggling to counter poke causes hell imo