What's new

General/Other - Lasher Lasher Discussion Thread

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Takeda (Lasher) 41% Corner 1 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

--------------------------------------------------

Takeda (Lasher) 40% Corner 1 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Takeda (Lasher) 45% Corner 1 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: If you start with 44 (removing JIP) the combo still ends in 45%. As such, you can use this combo when punishing in the corner by starting with 44 for same damage %.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter Corner 1 Bar 34%

F12 2+4 (1st hit of 2+4 only) EX Kunai NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter Corner 2 Bar 42%

F12 2+4 (1st hit of 2+4 only) 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter 26% 1 Bar - (Credit to @Maevar)

F12 2+4 (first hit of 2+4 only) EX Tornado Strike Run Cancel F12 2+4 (both hits of 2+4) Whip Assault

Note: Run cancel is quick.

Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter 26% 1 Bar (Switch Sides)

F12 2+4 (first hit of 2+4 only) EX Far Tornado Strike F12 2+4 (both hits of 2+4) Whip Assault

Note: Use this variation of the 26% starter in order to switch sides with the opponent.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Midscreen with 2 bars he can get 44% with 44 starter ,40% with 112

44 bf2 mb, njp,b2 ex kunai, run f12+4,df1

Also for side switch combos in the corner I do run st.1 ,44 for example

Your back is against the corner and u land a njp or bf2 mb run a lil bit past your opp st.1,44 etc

Last edited:

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
To be honest I think it is highly under rated and miles better than shirai ryu. But to be fair I am scolded for thinking that and get labeled as an up player for it
Saying Lasher is better than Shirai Ryu is upplaying at it's finest. lol! I do have to say; however, that Lasher is amazing in it's own right. It takes great reads, an understanding of patience and spacing, and using Lasher in the right match ups to really see Lasher's best qualities come out. In the beginning I tended to pressure or mix up and end in db2 and then EX a whip strike if I read a poke or counter pressure and I thought that was how he played. Now I stay back and zone with kunai until the opponent feels like they need to get in. That's where he gets fun. d+f1 into whip trip is awesome for run ins and df1 antiairing stops jump ins. The godsend though is the new jump normals. THAT's how Lasher is able to shine. If they freeze up you can run cancel in and jip into pressure. I'm convinced I'm using Lasher against jason and Kotal at this point. Lasher BODIES characters who get zoned out easily. IMO it's great for some match ups but IT IS NOT better than Shirai Ryu.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Saying Lasher is better than Shirai Ryu is upplaying at it's finest. lol! I do have to say; however, that Lasher is amazing in it's own right. It takes great reads, an understanding of patience and spacing, and using Lasher in the right match ups to really see Lasher's best qualities come out. In the beginning I tended to pressure or mix up and end in db2 and then EX a whip strike if I read a poke or counter pressure and I thought that was how he played. Now I stay back and zone with kunai until the opponent feels like they need to get in. That's where he gets fun. d+f1 into whip trip is awesome for run ins and df1 antiairing stops jump ins. The godsend though is the new jump normals. THAT's how Lasher is able to shine. If they freeze up you can run cancel in and jip into pressure. I'm convinced I'm using Lasher against jason and Kotal at this point. Lasher BODIES characters who get zoned out easily. IMO it's great for some match ups but IT IS NOT better than Shirai Ryu.
I used to do the same thing and pressure with him, but I found out that I wanna space myself out more, be more patient, and let them make the mistake of trying to get to me. One of the things I like doing is jumping back and using f+1 or f+22 if they're trying to pressure me. Mainly the latter because you can immediately follow up with b2, or b1 if you're in range. You'll always be in b2 range.

Now this may be a me problem, but I had trouble with the variation of Jason that has the teleport with lasher. I dunno why, I have no problems with the match-up with SR, so I dunno if he's the best for that variation of Jason. I do know he's pretty good against Kotal and I think he would be against Jax too. I don't have much Jax experience in that match up, might get some tonight though... we'll see.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I used to do the same thing and pressure with him, but I found out that I wanna space myself out more, be more patient, and let them make the mistake of trying to get to me. One of the things I like doing is jumping back and using f+1 or f+22 if they're trying to pressure me. Mainly the latter because you can immediately follow up with b2, or b1 if you're in range. You'll always be in b2 range.

Now this may be a me problem, but I had trouble with the variation of Jason that has the teleport with lasher. I dunno why, I have no problems with the match-up with SR, so I dunno if he's the best for that variation of Jason. I do know he's pretty good against Kotal and I think he would be against Jax too. I don't have much Jax experience in that match up, might get some tonight though... we'll see.
Jax is a hard match up no matter what. I'd say Lasher works but it's not exactly a go to in my eyes. A good jax will adapt to any variation of Takeda and has the tools to beat you no matter what. 12 still breaks armor in Lasher.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Takeda 38% 1 bar. Cause i love you all

B21xbf2mb njp b2xdb1(close) f12+4xbf2 (whip trip if not in corner)

From my personal collection
Nice combo! It increased my BnB Overhead/Low/JIP starters by 2-3% each... NJP BnB is now 29% meterless (was 29% 1 bar prior to)

Thanks @annunaki9308

New combos are below for those interested:

Takeda (Lasher) 38% 1 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Whip Assault NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F1(2+4) Whip Scoop

Note: Can also end the combo in Whip Strike for same damage %

Takeda (Lasher) 36% 1 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Whip Assault NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F1(2+4) Whip Scoop

Note: Can also end the combo in Whip Strike for same damage % (although at times depending on spacing combo may only hit 35%)

Takeda (Lasher) NJP Starter 29% (No Bar)

NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F12(2+4) Whip Strike

Note: Can also end the combo with Whip Scoop for 28%

Takeda (Lasher) JIP Starter 42% (1 Bar)

JIP 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F1(2+4) Whip Scoop

Note: Can also end the combo in Whip Strike for same damage % (although at times depending on spacing combo may only hit 41%)

Last edited:
Nice combo! It increased my BnB Overhead/Low/JIP starters by 2-3% each... NJP BnB is now 29% meterless (was 29% 1 bar prior to)

Thanks @annunaki9308

New combos are below for those interested:

Takeda (Lasher) 38% 1 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Whip Assault NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F1(2+4) Whip Scoop

Note: Can also end the combo in Whip Strike for same damage %

Takeda (Lasher) 36% 1 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Whip Assault NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F1(2+4) Whip Scoop

Note: Can also end the combo in Whip Strike for same damage % (although at times depending on spacing combo may only hit 35%)

Takeda (Lasher) NJP Starter 29% (No Bar)

NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F12(2+4) Whip Strike

Note: Can also end the combo with Whip Scoop for 28%

Takeda (Lasher) JIP Starter 42% (1 Bar)

JIP 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP B2 Kunai (Close) F1(2+4) Whip Scoop

Note: Can also end the combo in Whip Strike for same damage % (although at times depending on spacing combo may only hit 41%)

Np man. I gots lots of tech with this dude

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
@annunaki9308
@Pleasa

Not meaning to derail the lasher talk, but you can apply that kunai combo to Shirai Ryu too.
Hey @craftycheese,

To clarify on the prior kunai combos, after most air launchers both Lasher and Shirai Ryu can use B2 Kunai (Close) to continue the combo..

And you are not solely limited to F1(2) 2+4 after the Kunai. Depending on the spacing/timing you can use any of the following:

F1(2) 2+4
F21
D1

Successful Air Launchers

Shirai Ryu:
NJP
EX Fist Flurry
EX Tornado Strike (requires Run Cancel before the B2)
EX Spear Ryu (requires Run Cancel before the B2)
EX Air Spear (after Air Spear do a NJP followed by the B2)
EX Kunai (requires holding Kunais until you run cancel into B2 after pushing the opponent past the 2nd kunai)

Lasher:
NJP
EX Whip Assault
EX Whip Trip (after Whip Trip do a NJP followed by the B2)
EX Tornado Strike (requires Run Cancel before the B2)
EX Kunai (requires holding Kunais until you run cancel into B2 after pushing the opponent past the 2nd kunai)

Last edited:

craftycheese

I don't know if y'all know this or not, but be careful if you cancel EX Whip trip from low slash at long range. It may not fully connect and launch your opponent. I think regular Whip trip will always connect no matter of distance, I don't remember if it does now. It was hours ago when I was messing with it.

im on the pc so i dont know if that makes a difference but i can do 46 % 1 bar in the corner with 44 - ex bf2 - 44 - df1- d2
you can do 41 % with low starter or overhead doing a njp adds no damage if you were to do it after the ex bf2

im on the pc so i dont know if that makes a difference but i can do 46 % 1 bar in the corner with 44 - ex bf2 - 44 - df1- d2
you can do 41 % with low starter or overhead doing a njp adds no damage if you were to do it after the ex bf2
I think the NJP is more about positioning to make the combos easier

i know but with the combo i posted if you do a njp is harder to connect the d2
Ok thought you were talking about njping in general during combos but the problem with your combos is that it s not practical 44 has a mid can t catch them off guard and is a meh punish string IMO due to the range

craftycheese

Wouldn't the d2 knock them out of the corner?

If you cross over an opponent, and input a tornado kick and hold back, Takeda will basically jump back the way he came but now at 3/4 screen. Great for repositioning and now directing the opponent.

50 percent 2 bar(corner): b3 xx EXdb1(this will put opponent in a little hit stun) 44 xx EXbf2, 4 xx df1, 112 xx db2. Im shitty at inputting commands but who cares