What's new

General/Other - Lasher Lasher Discussion Thread

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
1 percent more than mine...I will get a 52! Nice combo.
Using yours or @SewerRat 's combo with B21 or JIP 33 starter (instead of B3) should make em higher as well.

Althernatively, here are some other 50+% corner combos I posted in Sept in my "Lasher Combo Videos Compilation" thread: http://testyourmight.com/threads/lasher-combo-videos-compilation.56226/

Takeda (Lasher) 51% Corner 2 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Assault

Note: For those who find it difficult to hit the final Whip Assault after D1, it may be easier (and more online friendly) to end in Whip Trip instead for the same about of damage

--------------------------------------------------

Takeda (Lasher) 51% Corner 2 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 3 3 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Assault

Note: His 112 string can also combo into EX Kunai. If 33 is replaced with 112 instead, it will result in a 50% combo

Alternatively, you can also go with a JIP 44 EX Kunai to make use of the 16% reset into a 48% 2 meter as shown below (although 44 EX Kunai is not an real combo string and as such it can be blocked)

Takeda (Lasher) 16% Reset + 48% Corner 2 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 4 4 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: The opponent can successfully block low after the 44 EX Kunai to avoid a full combo punish

--------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
What are Takeda's fastest punishers?

I am having trouble figuring out how/what to punish Sub-Zero's Slide with Lasher... Is it just Free/unpunishable for Takeda? Maybe its the online lag?

How can he even stand a chance against Jax, Cage, Liu Kang (characters with intense rushdown)?

Thanks

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead

I am having trouble figuring out how/what to punish Sub-Zero's Slide with Lasher... Is it just Free/unpunishable for Takeda? Maybe its the online lag?

How can he even stand a chance against Jax, Cage, Liu Kang (characters with intense rushdown)?

Thanks
F1 can definitely punish slide.

Thanks
I use 112 to punish it s faster and does more damage than the f12 punish

dubson

Noob
I use 112 to punish it s faster and does more damage than the f12 punish
In general I think this is what I was looking for though. So is 112 his fastest punisher?

Also you can connect more moves off of 112 right?

Is it possible to connect the same special moves after F12 as 112? Im pretty sure 112 lets you connect almost anything?

F1 can connect moves but Im not sure about F12 ?

In general I think this is what I was looking for though. So is 112 his fastest punisher?

Also you can connect more moves off of 112 right?

Is it possible to connect the same special moves after F12 as 112? Im pretty sure 112 lets you connect almost anything?

F1 can connect moves but Im not sure about F12 ?
You can connect more moves out of 112 you can go 112 BF2 NJP kunai F122+4 DB2 for 37 %

is 112 his fastest punisher?

is it his best option Speed Wise for standing punisher against standing pressure in general?
Yes it s his fastest and best punish but I don t recommend using it for other thing that punishing it s not a good pressure tool because there is a gap people can armor through on block if you want to cancel it

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.

Thanks
You can punish the slide with the 44 starter.

If y'all are already crouching, don't forget about low slash (d+f+1). You can cancel to bf2 or db2 off of it. You don't have to be already crouching to use it, but it'll prolly help and prevent the wrong move coming out if you go with f1 from crouch block.

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
You can punish the slide with the 44 starter.

If y'all are already crouching, don't forget about low slash (d+f+1). You can cancel to bf2 or db2 off of it. You don't have to be already crouching to use it, but it'll prolly help and prevent the wrong move coming out if you go with f1 from crouch block.
i have a feeling Whip Strike would be just as likely to come out though going for low slash out of crouch block and i dont know that low slash comes out fast enough as a punisher for an up close slide or "in your face" pressure?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Never said it but u were right about lasher not as worthless as I thought pretty nice in certain MU like against Kobu Tanya
Mhm, lasher does have its uses, it may not be advantageous to use him all the time like I do but he is definitely way better for certain match ups

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
i have a feeling Whip Strike would be just as likely to come out though going for low slash out of crouch block and i dont know that low slash comes out fast enough as a punisher for an up close slide or "in your face" pressure?
In your face pressure no, but Sub's slide yes. There are better options to punish Sub's slide tho.

I've noticed that if the input shortcuts are on, you're more likely to get Whip Strike to come out instead of low slash.

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
Just out of curiosity, how often do you guys throw out naked whip trips?
sometimes i do to get do to condition them to block low to set them up for overheard into combo (B21), as stated though needs a hard knockdown

problem is if they are in range for that i usually go for B3 into combo but its nice to mix it up and stay away from them at an optimal range that Lasher likes to stay at, or could go for D+F+1 poke/into combo

btw thanks for reminding me of input shortcuts i forgot the newer games have that, i primarily play old school MK games (1-4) and they dont have that nonsense in there, turned it off and haven't been having any problems. i really liked MK9 and I really like MKX but i will always be an old school MK player first though

Last edited: