What's new

General/Other - Lasher Lasher Discussion Thread

AT_Ion

Noob
Looking for any BnBs, saw some stuff on YouTube but it won't load on the horrible hotel Internet lol

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Starter xx exBF2, nJP, 112 BF2
112 xx exBF2, nJP, 44 BF2 (30%)
B3 xx exDB1, Run In, 44 BF2 (34%)

Last edited:

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I'm not seeing the combo potential with lasher vs Shirai ryu without the spear and tele. Interested in some tactics here.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
I'm not seeing the combo potential with lasher vs Shirai ryu without the spear and tele. Interested in some tactics here.
Yeah there really isn't much he can do in terms of combos with this variation. The range on this variation is quite outstanding especially his B2. If it can connect you can link other specials into it from almost full screen away.

Montanx

Yeah there really isn't much he can do in terms of combos with this variation. The range on this variation is quite outstanding especially his B2. If it can connect you can link other specials into it from almost full screen away.
But that b2 isn't lasher it's universal. It feels like shirai gets the best of both worlds.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
But that b2 isn't lasher it's universal. It feels like shirai gets the best of both worlds.
Oh your right. I haven't quite looked at all his variations yet. I have just been playing lasher more often. Hopefully something interesting will get discovered soon for this variation.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Strings:
df1- low poke that reaches farther than dash distance, -23 and 10f. Non cancelable.
b112- little more range, little more negative, cancelable
b21- reaches over midscreen distance, cancelable, do not use 2+4 ender as it has a huge frame gap
212- more range but -34 on block, no real use imo

Specials- Whip flurry- -11, 20f startup. EX is a combo starter, but regular is a good combo ender. EX has armor.
Whip trip- -20 with more range, EX is a low combo starter.
Warning: The above two specials can be punished by slide moves
Whip strike: Anti air, EX version changes it from -3 to -1(no idea why this would help but w/e).

Mixups- This is where this character gets ridiculous. If you do an EX kunai you can make it almost impossible to block(no idea how the CPU does it) by timing it so that your b2 hits as soon as your EX kunai releases(this means they would have to block low and OH at the same time, or at the very least low, OH, low). It also doesnt matter which one hits because if one or both of them do you can go into a combo(only around 20-25% though).

The great thing about most of his long range strings is even though they are negative, you can just cancel into kunai to make them plus. If the other character doesnt have any fast and long range moves then you can do this over and over(does almost 4% chip).

His specials also have some nice range, so you can EX them and if the hit you will get a combo, if not then the first hit will be blocked and that is it(although they can be blocked and punished by characters with fast forward advancing specials).

Combos:
He has no launchers without meter so the best you can get is a string canceled into whip flurry for meterless damage(17%)

b21 EX whip flurry njp 4 whip flurry- 28%
Thats the highest midscreen I could get.

I wouldnt worry about his damage in this one though, because the range and mixups all but make up for it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Can you combo off of it in Shirai Ryu?

Edit: Yeah you can

I didnt even realize b2 was universal. Makes me wonder what the point of lasher even is.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I've been tinkering with lasher online and in the lab.

My BNB has been B21x exwhip trip, b21xwhip flurry.

Haven't been grinding too much with him but been getting there.

Montanx

I have been using Lasher for only one reason - d,f+1. I don't know if I've ever seen a better anti-air. Takeda CANNOT be jumped on in this variation and that to me is huge.
I'll have to revisit this. I put the dummy on jump in kick and had a hard time punishing. Would always kick me in the start up frames of the move.

b21 exbf2 njp walk forward 44 bf2 (30%)

b21 exbf2 njp b21 bf4 (28%)

I like the second combo because it leaves the opponent at midscreen so you can throw out a df1 or d/f1 as they get up

Black Knife

AKA Blank
Can you combo off of it in Shirai Ryu?

Edit: Yeah you can

I didnt even realize b2 was universal. Makes me wonder what the point of lasher even is.
From what I can tell it's all ranged pokes and mixups. He's got a lot of overhead strings that can be canceled into db2 for a low instead. Meter burned db2 launches for some decent-ish damage.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
I really feel like this is the best variation to use against rush down characters. It has the best armor with ex b,f,2 if you get knocked down and d,F1 is a great way to check your opponent from jumping in on you. Unfortunately this variation seems to get best up by strong zoning. Also the Lasher variation seems to have better mixup in general and also is better for blowing up wakeups because it can reach further when people try to tech roll

dvtr-

Noob
Hello, everyone. I am fairly new to fighting games and am eager to hone in my skill. Ive competed in other games such as quake 3 arena, cod, etc and have gotten pretty good at those. I played mk9 and was somewhat decent but never actually took it serious. I picked up mkx and am looking to get up the same level i am in fps games. Can someone please explain to me the meaning of "ex nj" etc i think i know what 1234 means but could someone reassure me? Thank you so much. Btw, takeda lasher seems like itll be my main until predator is released.

TheMightyLupus

I'm bad, you're basic.
@dvtr- I had the same questions two days ago:) Thanks to @CrimsonShadow again for helping the noobs

Yup, no problem. So:

1 - :fp Front Punch (Square by default on PS4, X on XB1)
2 - :bp Back Punch
3 - :fk Front Kick
4 - :bk Back Kick

f,b,u,d - forward, back, up, down. So b2 is back + 2 simultaneously.
j - jump (usually forward, backward jump), nj - neutral jump
~ - Connected/cancel; so f2~teleport means that you do foward+2, immediately followed by teleport, and the tele comes out immediately after the f2, connected to the normal before it.

### - String inputs --- so 232 = 2 immediately followed by 3 immediately followed by 2
And EX means using meter to enhance one of you specials