What's new

General/Other - Tempest Kung Lao Tempest Variation General Discussion

Wasted

Noob
Hat spin has always been a rotating hitbox; that was one of the initial complaints. If the hat is behind him, he can be hit.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
I'm doing these combos online:
b+2, db+1, 44, run, b+321, df+1, f+1, ex-df+1, f+4. Does around 46 to 48%. Not entirely sure

and

f+23, db+1, f+23, df+1, njp, f+1, ex-df+1, f+4 or grab. Goes for 38% if I'm not mistaken.

what's even better is that these are pretty safe since hat spin is awesome as fuck

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
Has anyone found his most damaging chip strings? I pulled of b321 EX db1, b321 xx EXdb1, b321 EX db1, b321 db1 at the end of a scrub match online to take the game. Did around 20%. Anyone find anything else?

kruderf

Noob
Could someone tell me if it's possible to punish Kung Jin's Bo Spin with anything other than x-ray in Tempest?

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I agree. Not sure how it compares to just running in and f2 but still could be useful. I think it's like 21f, safe on block and a combo starter

Banazama

Noob
I agree. Not sure how it compares to just running in and f2 but still could be useful. I think it's like 21f, safe on block and a combo starter
F3 is unsafe on block according to the in-game framedata. Pretty sure you have to commit to the F34 string to keep it safe.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Has anyone found his most damaging chip strings? I pulled of b321 EX db1, b321 xx EXdb1, b321 EX db1, b321 db1 at the end of a scrub match online to take the game. Did around 20%. Anyone find anything else?
Lol I've just done this and it's most satisfying.:coffee:

kruderf

Noob
How is it working for you
Offline, it's absolutely the best punish available. Considering my execution online, I'll probably be using @Afro_physicist's suggestion of instant air dive kick just for consistency lol :p

I have another quick question. Something I've noticed is that if you do any string into hat spin on block it takes time for the hat to respawn. What do you guys do to maintain pressure long enough for the hat to return?

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
Offline, it's absolutely the best punish available. Considering my execution online, I'll probably be using @Afro_physicist's suggestion of instant air dive kick just for consistency lol :p

I have another quick question. Something I've noticed is that if you do any string into hat spin on block it takes time for the hat to respawn. What do you guys do to maintain pressure long enough for the hat to return?
You don't have enough + on hat spin block to do b2 or b3, so go for a d1 to see if they're mashing buttons. If you end your block string in EX spin well you can contemplate the fate of the universe before you decide to do anything, but I usually throw out a b321 string