What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
You get less damage off any non-4 opener. And it's still fast enough to punish really unsafe things. The same follow up works off any punish be it F2 or B3 or 11 or whatever, so I think the idea is to show that it's the highest possible damage one so probably the most idea for 1 bar.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Sick. Question, so 4 is a 14 frame move? what are other good punish options? like wouldn't u just want to use 11212 or f2 for a quicker punish? they are faster right? or is this just to optimize the damage and thus can only punish at 14 frames at the quickest?
Yes f2 and the 11 series is faster but they will only net you 46 or 47% I think I'll have to check. This is for your heavy punish in the corner of you're want to crack them up side the head for 50% for doing unsafe wake ups and such.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Can Lao start a combo from a raw dive kick against standing or crouching opponents?

If he does, please list it, even if is as small as it seems, aparently it helps to set up his gameplay better for positioning, threats and so on.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Yes f2 and the 11 series is faster but they will only net you 46 or 47% I think I'll have to check. This is for your heavy punish in the corner of you're want to crack them up side the head for 50% for doing unsafe wake ups and such.

you can get 50% in the corner with 44?

just_2swift

Can Lao start a combo from a raw dive kick against standing or crouching opponents?

If he does, please list it, even if is as small as it seems, aparently it helps to set up his gameplay better for positioning, threats and so on.
Ooooh good Q. I have no idea I'll check that out when I get home I think it depends on the height of the dive kick as well I think...not sure but I'll be right on it!

coolwhip

Noob

Yeah he can. Dive kick into d4~spin or dive kick into f2 spin or dive kick into standing 1 spin, then do the follow up.

I GOT HANDS

Ooooh good Q. I have no idea I'll check that out when I get home I think it depends on the height of the dive kick as well I think...not sure but I'll be right on it!
DIVEKICK OPENERS

Midscreen
Universal:

[DK, 1, B32xxSpin, B321] = 22% instead of 5% from a standard Divekick, and even works against crouching Mileena
[DK, B321xxSpin, B321] = 26% and converts if you catch them with a Divekick while they are jumping, as long as they aren't at the very beginning or end of the jump arc (in which case, the first combo works just fine)

Tempest:
[DK, 1xxHatSpin, B32xxSpin, B321] = 23%

Hat Trick:
[DK, 1, B32xxHatCallBack, 4xxSpin, B321] = 28% Hat Trap has to be spaced correctly, not impractical tho

Corner

Universal:
[DK, 1, B321xxSpin, JiK, 21] = 26%

Tempest:
[DK, 1, 4xxHatSpin, 4xxSpin, B321] = 27%

Hat Trick:
[DK, 1, 4xxHatCallBack, B32xxSpin, B321] = 28% works off a Low Hat set-up for corner tech

And just remember, every single one of those combos ending in B321 can be cancelled into your Set-Up. Hope this helps

I GOT HANDS

I wouldn't say the difference is small at all in fact its real big, I would never ever risk -38 from Divekick if the only possible pay off was it's 5% lol

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i thought u couldnt cancel into hat spin twice in the same combo. so no in tempest ending in b321 won't give you a hat spin set up, your better off ending in 21 for that in that case.

just_2swift

DIVEKICK OPENERS

Midscreen
Universal:

[DK, 1, B32xxSpin, B321] = 22% instead of 5% from a standard Divekick, and even works against crouching Mileena
[DK, B321xxSpin, B321] = 26% and converts if you catch them with a Divekick while they are jumping, as long as they aren't at the very beginning or end of the jump arc (in which case, the first combo works just fine)

Tempest:
[DK, 1xxHatSpin, B32xxSpin, B321] = 23%

Hat Trick:
[DK, 1, B32xxHatCallBack, 4xxSpin, B321] = 28% Hat Trap has to be spaced correctly, not impractical tho

Corner

Universal:
[DK, 1, B321xxSpin, JiK, 21] = 26%

Tempest:
[DK, 1, 4xxHatSpin, 4xxSpin, B321] = 27%

Hat Trick:
[DK, 1, 4xxHatCallBack, B32xxSpin, B321] = 28% works off a Low Hat set-up for corner tech

And just remember, every single one of those combos ending in B321 can be cancelled into your Set-Up. Hope this helps

I GOT HANDS

So what do people think about standing 4 in the neutral game and 44 as an opener?

I pretty much follow up every JiP with it since it's completely safe, but how often do you guys risk standing 4 as an opener?

Last edited: