What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung Lao General Discussion

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
Good stuff here, this sort of talk is hard to find.

Do either of you have any recommendations for which stick to buy/which sticks avoid, for playing MKX on PC? Specifically, playing as Lao.
Im on X1 so my choices were not vast. It was a $200 stick or a $400 one. I do have a stick on my PC but I have issues with MKX on it so I don`t play with it on there. I haven't really heard one stick is worse than another. I'd probably look for a good PS4 stick that is compatible with PC so you wont be stressing if you go to any offlines.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Im on X1 so my choices were not vast. It was a $200 stick or a $400 one. I do have a stick on my PC but I have issues with MKX on it so I don`t play with it on there. I haven't really heard one stick is worse than another. I'd probably look for a good PS4 stick that is compatible with PC so you wont be stressing if you go to any offlines.
Holy shit that is some intuitive advice there, completely slipped my mind that while I play and practice on my PC, my locals are on PS4... and I just nearly ordered something incompatible with PS4 as well :D nice save man good looking out

PS4 with PC compatibility it is... looking for something cheaper so it doesn't have to be extreme top of the line, but still great quality, something like the Hori Fight Commander 4 is for Pads, cheap and goiod, is there something similar for stick that you could point me in the direction of?

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
Holy shit that is some intuitive advice there, completely slipped my mind that while I play and practice on my PC, my locals are on PS4... and I just nearly ordered something incompatible with PS4 as well :D nice save man good looking out

PS4 with PC compatibility it is... looking for something cheaper so it doesn't have to be extreme top of the line, but still great quality, something like the Hori Fight Commander 4 is for Pads, cheap and goiod, is there something similar for stick that you could point me in the direction of?
Well idk what you're budget is and I haven't got my hands on a TON of sticks. I have a shitty $60 xbox360 one for my PC and it works alright but wouldn't recommend it for a long time use.

The one I picked up for my X1 is the MadCatz TE2 and the thing works wonders. Buttons all work great, stick feels good, I found it for the PS4 and Sony seems to have their drivers together for the PS4 version of the stick buuuuuuut it's $200 which I assume is not the "cheaper" you're looking for lol. I wish I could be more help but I didn't have a lot of choices myself looking for X1 sticks as there's like.... 3, and they're all above $200 bucks :confused:

Maybe check Shoryuken and see if they can come up with some decent ideas? They have a pretty deep forum board for sticks and the like.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
To be fair, "stuffed" would imply you got hit out of it during startup, it's entirely possible that the armor had worn off by then and has a deadzone in that particular arc of the spin's hitbox.

I also disagree with universally buffing AAs, that would make the variable properties of some jump attacks redundant IMO. Just reduce the active frames on some of them.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
To be fair, "stuffed" would imply you got hit out of it during startup, it's entirely possible that the armor had worn off by then and has a deadzone in that particular arc of the spin's hitbox.

I also disagree with universally buffing AAs, that would make the variable properties of some jump attacks redundant IMO. Just reduce the active frames on some of them.
even if the armored frames have passed he still should have been caught in the cyclone.

just_2swift

Jackie can neutral duck his d2 up close she doesn't need to block going to test more characters. Like It completely whiffs.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
even if the armored frames have passed he still should have been caught in the cyclone.
Ermac has a very high jump arc. Like Strykie said, it's likely that the armour's active frames had finished and because Ermac's jump is so high, he came in at an angle where the Cyclone doesn't have a hit box.

I GOT HANDS

JiPxxEX-Teleport

Can anyone do this consistently? It feels like it is relevant to their breathing or some shit

I GOT HANDS

I don't think it works. Have you seen this done before?
I've DONE it myself before multiple times, but I feel like in putting the same input in everytime and it only comes out like once every 20 tries or something, which is why I think it's related to the breathe box

just_2swift

I've DONE it myself before multiple times, but I feel like in putting the same input in everytime and it only comes out like once every 20 tries or something, which is why I think it's related to the breathe box
Never argued that it wasn't breathing related just never seen it done before. Anyways I would like to see this. Do you use ji1 or ji2.

I GOT HANDS

Never argued that it wasn't breathing related just never seen it done before. Anyways I would like to see this. Do you use ji1 or ji2.
Yeah I never said you did argue that, I was just mentioning my speculation

Anyways, I could record a video, but all it will be me doing is repeating JiP cancelled into meter burn teleport like 20-30 times till it decides to connect. You can test it for yourself. I tried using both Ji1 and Ji2, both can possibly work, but rarely will so I think it's useless trying to go for this

JiPxxEX-Teleport

Can anyone do this consistently? It feels like it is relevant to their breathing or some shit
Much like a bunch of random things in this game it took me a while to get this consistently. It feels like you have to hold down + block for a half a second then press up but it'll come to you eventually.

I GOT HANDS

Much like a bunch of random things in this game it took me a while to get this consistently. It feels like you have to hold down + block for a half a second then press up but it'll come to you eventually.
Thanks for the advice!

How many times out of 20 would you say you successfully do it, now that you know how to do it?

I GOT HANDS

With this what combos are you dishing out? Teleport 3 combos?
TP-1MB goes through block, TP-2 strings off a late enough JiP connect, TP-3 is great if you can get it to connect, I'm not sure, I never got past the JiP TP cause of the inconsistency. Was trying to test it after a Hat set up, can't remember exactly what I had in mind anymore

NHDR

Noob
There is literally no way for me to do fists of fury (11212) on the XB1 controller. The buttons are too bulky and spaced out for me to consistently slide my fingers down. I can sometimes get it if I place my fingers vertically over the buttons, but that's just not practical. How the hell do you guys do it?

I wanted to give Lao some extended lab time but see no point if I'm finding his most important string so hard.