What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Episode 45

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Meh, I don't blame people. They're sticking to what they have. There's a reason ktp comes out once every 3-4 weeks and not weekly as it used to. Part of it is m2dave imo. You can rant about a topic for so long. Anyway, I don't see ktp going for very long in the current line-up. They need to lose this guy.
I agree with the overall sentiment, that M2Dave generally has very little of any worth to contribute other than ranting about subjects he aint got the knowledge. However he IS a strong personality, and sometimes that's important as well especially for radio/tv/media, his nonsense wouldn't be half as controversial if he had any idea what he was talking about, he's like the Donald Trump of TYM. Having guys drone on for a couple of hours ain't gonna interesting no matter how on point they are, you need people like Dave, whether hes wrong all the time or not. However the fact that there's people on these boards who don't recognise that this is his niche, and act like he is some prophet of zoning who understands the game better than most other people always gets a chuckle however. Reminds me of the dudes who used to dress up like Ali G like its cool, not realising they ARE the butt of the joke.

Jesus Christ, have you guys actually considered that people have different opinions than you guys and that what your opinion on Dave is not an actual fact? You don't have to like Dave on KTP as you are entitled to your opinion,but my god, you both come off far too often as if you think that your opinions are better than that of everyone elses.
This was my favorite episode of KTP to date and it was mainly because of Dave's contribution. I find his antics highly enjoyable, but the message you are delivering in this post is pretty amazingly hypocritical lol. You ain't gotta dickride Dave out here like that lol

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
This was my favorite episode of KTP to date and it was mainly because of Dave's contribution. I find his antics highly enjoyable, but the message you are delivering in this post is pretty amazingly hypocritical lol. You ain't gotta dickride Dave out here like that lol
I am in no way even dickriding Dave. I can see why people can be critical of Dave on KTP. I get that Dave was calling people out for acting like they were top players and talking far more than they should which as why it may come off as I'm dickriding him. I'm just pointing out that both you and Prinz (particularly Prinz) come off way too often as if you consider your opinions to be better than everyone else's. Whether it is your intention to do this is besides the point since I'm not questioning your intentions, just the way you deliver your messages.

Slymind

Noob
Star Wars movies discussions always end up kinda heated.

For me Clone Wars is the best thing to come out of the Star Wars franchise, some fillers aside, there are awesome arcs and the last season ties it up beautifully, those Yoda's focused episodes are great.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
This hard on you have for m2dave is fascinating.

Honestly, I think you actually like m2dave and wish he was your best friend.

That he isn't feels you with deep sorrow and misplaced anger. If only he would notice you.

If only he would acknowledge your existence.

If only he'd look into your eyes, tilt your chin up to meet his smoldering gaze and softly whisper...

"Fool..."

I get it now. And I feel sorry for you.
Do not be too hard on him. He is merely an insolent scrub. Just like the fool of the week.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Jesus Christ, have you guys actually considered that people have different opinions than you guys and that what your opinion on Dave is not an actual fact? You don't have to like Dave on KTP as you are entitled to your opinion,but my god, you both come off far too often as if you think that your opinions are better than that of everyone elses.
I don't see where I disrespected anyone's opinion or imposed my own.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I agree with the overall sentiment, that M2Dave generally has very little of any worth to contribute other than ranting about subjects he aint got the knowledge. However he IS a strong personality, and sometimes that's important as well especially for radio/tv/media, his nonsense wouldn't be half as controversial if he had any idea what he was talking about, he's like the Donald Trump of TYM. Having guys drone on for a couple of hours ain't gonna interesting no matter how on point they are, you need people like Dave, whether hes wrong all the time or not. However the fact that there's people on these boards who don't recognise that this is his niche, and act like he is some prophet of zoning who understands the game better than most other people always gets a chuckle however. Reminds me of the dudes who used to dress up like Ali G like its cool, not realising they ARE the butt of the joke.

I'm not gonna make any more points, I've made enough. I agree on the followers though. God have mercy over them. Dave even posted once how he takes advantage of them and none of them even aknowledged lol. He's laughing his ass off right now. Fools.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Prinz still posts?

Gross
You know what's gross? Making a "let's find the funniest name" tournament on behalf of your unborn child. It's a good move to catter to the masses though, I'll give you that. But I presume you put me on ignore long time ago and you won't see this message anyway.

Last edited:

Hades

Noob
Great episode as usual. Dave is solid as ever, I mean this guy just does not give a fuck. He could have the most ridiculous opinion about anything and still find a way to argue it. Keep up the good shit boys. Also I think it would be funny to hear Dave do your player naming game you used to do. Also Brady and Dave would be insane.

Matix218

Get over here!
Regarding the moon discussion, basically the only real reason that anyone would choose the moon is just to have the bragging rights to say "I've been to the moon and you haven't". It is pretty much a given that a long term trip/vacation to Europe would give you a much more enjoyable experience than 1 day on the moon. Anyone who is choosing the moon would just be doing it so they could bag about it not because it would actually be more enjoyable.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I started listening to this today and was literally pacing back and forth in the gym listening to the talk about the prequels being better than the originals because of "character development". Like that's one of the worst things about revenge of the sith, Anakin's development into Vader is fucking awful. Props to @Slips, I don't know how you didn't lose your mind listening to that.

Matix218

Get over here!
I also need to comment on @K7L33THA saying that he feels that revenge of the sith is better than return of the jedi.

While I realize it is just his opinion that does not change the fact that it is wrong :DOGE

@Slips is definitely right on this one. How many trilogies have had a final movie that not only was great but also perfectly wrapped up all of the events of the previous movies? I personally cannot think of one other than rotj.

Ill give you that Ewoks were definitely our first peak of things to come with regards to Lucas but it is nowhere near the abomination that is jar jar binks, episode 1 anakin, episode 2-3 hayden Christensen, midichlorians, yoda flipping around with a light saber, dialoge between padme and anakin, the list goes on

Also K7 saying it made sense that yoda was whipping out his saber and fighting in the prequels because he was younger gtfo! He said he was close to 900 years old in rotj when he was dying and luke was like 30 meaning the prequels were 30 ish years before that, so basically yoda was around 870 or so when he was in this "younger phase" even though he had already lived 97% of his life when we saw him in the prequels. .. not buying this argument/justification lol

Rearawt

Noob
Seriously. Saying "it's just my opinion!" or "it's all subjective anyway!" only goes so far.
There is a single thing the prequels weren't absolutely, demoralisingly trash at and that was selling toys.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I also need to comment on @K7L33THA saying that he feels that revenge of the sith is better than return of the jedi.

While I realize it is just his opinion that does not change the fact that it is wrong :DOGE

@Slips is definitely right on this one. How many trilogies have had a final movie that not only was great but also perfectly wrapped up all of the events of the previous movies? I personally cannot think of one other than rotj.

Ill give you that Ewoks were definitely our first peak of things to come with regards to Lucas but it is nowhere near the abomination that is jar jar binks, episode 1 anakin, episode 2-3 hayden Christensen, midichlorians, yoda flipping around with a light saber, dialoge between padme and anakin, the list goes on

Also K7 saying it made sense that yoda was whipping out his saber and fighting in the prequels because he was younger gtfo! He said he was close to 900 years old in rotj when he was dying and luke was like 30 meaning the prequels were 30 ish years before that, so basically yoda was around 870 or so when he was in this "younger phase" even though he had already lived 97% of his life when we saw him in the prequels. .. not buying this argument/justification lol

I've always thought Vader's face turn in Jedi was too quick and seemed off. I mean in the previous movie he hacked his own sons hand off and left him to plunge to his death. All of a sudden he's saving him after Luke beat him down. Not to mention the weird puppet dancing at the beginning in Jaba's palace, Boba Fett getting jobbed out to that sand trap thing, and Ewok teddy bears blowing up the Empire. Fuck outta here, I'll take Revenge of the Sith's somber serious tone and epic duels (Vader/Obi and Yoda/Sidious) over it anyday. Episodes 4 and 5 are way above anything else, but I don't think people see ROTJ for what it is, just their nostalgia for it. Granted the Space battles are fantastic but that doesn't save it for me.

Matix218

Get over here!
I've always thought Vader's face turn in Jedi was too quick and seemed off. I mean in the previous movie he hacked his own sons hand off and left him to plunge to his death. All of a sudden he's saving him after Luke beat him down. Not to mention the weird puppet dancing at the beginning in Jaba's palace, Boba Fett getting jobbed out to that sand trap thing, and Ewok teddy bears blowing up the Empire. Fuck outta here, I'll take Revenge of the Sith's somber serious tone and epic duels (Vader/Obi and Yoda/Sidious) over it anyday. Episodes 4 and 5 are way above anything else, but I don't think people see ROTJ for what it is, just their nostalgia for it. Granted the Space battles are fantastic but that doesn't save it for me.
Fair enough you do make a good argument regarding Vaders quick change of heart in Jedi. I do absolutely without question agree that Jedi is the weakest of the original trilogy but ANH and ESB are so good that in itself does not mean it is pure garbage.

As for Fett getting bodied by the Sarlacc in Jedi that just confirmed that fett was nothing more than a jobber ancillary character. The only reason for is popularity is because his job is cool, his costume looks cool and his action figure was cool (and jetpacks are obviously cool). In reality in jedi when he finally gets a chance to fight and do something cool he gets bodied by an accidental staff poke by a blind Han into a belching sand vagina...

And I do agree that the teddy bears beating the trained imperial troops was definitely stupid and was the beginning of the downward turn that resulted in the fecal matter that we got as prequels.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Vader didn't want to kill Luke even in Empire. He had to hack his hand off though cause Luke wasn't a slouch. Then he begged Luke to join him. He can't help it if Luke jumps off a cliff. Luke was mulling him over in Jedi before they met up with the Emperor too. It's his friggin son the Emperor is torturing right in front of him. It makes sense. Boba Fett wasn't even supposed to be that big of a badass according to the movies. The fanbase just made him that way so I don't know why him falling into the sand trap thing is a big deal.

Jedi was my favorite of the 3 for a very long time. Luke was finally a badass and not some annoying naïve kid. Jabba the Hutt is absolutely one of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars universe and was a fantastic villain. The speeder bikes were awesome. And obviously the space battles and the final fight with the Emperor were epic. Only thing I'll give in on is the battle on Endor and the Ewoks.

It's not nostalgia. It's actually just a pretty good movie.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I don't feel burnt at all. I'm just mad I was expecting to enjoy the podcast, instead half of it was useless m2dave rants, misinformation, bad attempts at entertainment and blow-ups and delusional and unfunded opinions. I can't afford that. Dave was a little bit entertaining for a few minutes (I blame it on chance), but that doesn't do it for the rest.
Well played sir.
Well played.