What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Episode 45

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I'd take a day in isolation on the moon. Party and sex is basic shit you can get any other time if desired.

I'd also like to point it has been scientifically proven that degeneracy are marijuana use and directly proportional to each other.

idgaf being bad feels so good.

deal with it nerds

smile

Noob
man with no name trilogy is solid all the way through

also the "best player" argument is funny cause it seems like everyday the answer changes. Reminds me of the stock market threads (which were in fact making fun of this)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Oh yeah, one more thing. Dave already appoligized for Aftershock and Crystaline as predicted. Someone needs to pick up Metallic and prove Dave's absolute foolishness. I hope Fox will, he said he was practicing.

coolwhip

Noob
Slips is nuts (or just high) to pick a day on the moon over a full year in Europe with a $1000 each day. You're essentially giving up making $30,000 a month for a full year and just go wherever you want all over Europe for a day of wearing an impractical suit and overly complex defecating.

EDIT: He said he voted for Bush twice, so yeah, definitely nuts.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
Voted Bush twice that's a paddlin

All in all good podcast

Huge Star Wars fan rank em 5, 4, 6=3, 1, 2. Hella looking forward to the new movies, a bit sad the EU stuff has been tossed but I'm down to see what replaces it & the current Marvel Star Wars comics have been good. Especially Vader that is some good shit right there.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
People regard the "suit scene" as comical because of the "no" yet Luke yells "no" in a similar fashion in the scene below in episode 5, and people consider the scene as one of the most iconic in all of Star Wars. If anything is comical, it is the nostalgia and bias for the original trilogy. The objective of the prequel is to recount the life of Anakin Skywalker and show how he turned to the dark side of the force, and the movies do a decent job. All this nitpicking is pointless.

Lucas trying to mimic his old movies with the new is just more evidence of him not having any original thought or passion when he made the prequels. The prequels are nothing but fan service to appeal to the older generation and cartoon characters to appeal to the young. There is no substance at all and the fact you are more than happy to be manipulated by such an effortless display of film-making and story-telling is disturbing.

You know what else makes no sense? Vader wakes up and asks where is Padme' and Sidious says that he killed him out of his own anger. Wouldn't that happening work against Vader's reasoning for coming over to the dark side? He killed the thing he loved most because of the dark side. Shouldn't he hate Sidious and the dark side for that?

Apparently not and you know why? Because the prequels are crap and they make no sense at all. But feel free to eat whatever Lucas shoves down your throat. You're nothing but an anti-original trilogy zealot and a pro-prequel fool.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You know what else makes no sense? Vader wakes up and asks where is Padme' and Sidious says that he killed him out of his own anger. Wouldn't that happening work against Vader's reasoning for coming over to the dark side? He killed the thing he loved most because of the dark side. Shouldn't he hate Sidious and the dark side for that?
He does, but the scene is unfortunately poorly portrayed as certain elements are entirely omitted.

Below is what occurs in the novel and what subsequently makes much more sense.

Stover [the author of the novel] describes how Vader realizes the way of the Sith, and makes a sad attempt to destroy his master, Sidious. Vader realizes that Sidious had tricked him into believing that they can actually give eternal life to Padme, once they start "working together." After Padme is killed by his own hands, Vader ultimately finds out that it was he himself who destroyed his own wife. He realizes that treachery is the way of the Sith (an expression that is often mentioned in the novel), and "reaches through the Force to crush the shadow who has destroyed [him]," but fails to do so, as he is so far less than what he was. Stover also mentions that Sidious forgives Vader for such an action, and that Vader realizes that Sidious is the only person left for him in the end. All of the preceding, however, are omitted in the movie: the scene quickly ends with Vader destroying all the medical droids in the surgery room, screaming in pain and agony.

Source: Click here.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Lucas trying to mimic his old movies with the new is just more evidence of him not having any original thought or passion when he made the prequels. The prequels are nothing but fan service to appeal to the older generation and cartoon characters to appeal to the young. There is no substance at all and the fact you are more than happy to be manipulated by such an effortless display of film-making and story-telling is disturbing.

Apparently not and you know why? Because the prequels are crap and they make no sense at all. But feel free to eat whatever Lucas shoves down your throat. You're nothing but an anti-original trilogy zealot and a pro-prequel fool.
Dude, why are you tolerating this guy? Slips I know you know better, c'mon. Also please let someone else pick the Tremor jokes, dave picks the worst ones, or let him at least read more than one, maybe one of them will be good. As of now this segment of the podcast is a wreck (as I predicted, I demand props).
One more thing. No one cares about igothands, why was he picked fool of the week? Why not one of the kitana community or the entire community for overreacting? Oh, I know why, because fucking m2dave picked him. Bleh...

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Dude, why are you tolerating this guy? Slips I know you know better, c'mon. Also please let someone else pick the Tremor jokes, dave picks the worst ones, or let him at least read more than one, maybe one of them will be good. As of now this segment of the podcast is a wreck (as I predicted, I demand props).
One more thing. No one cares about igothands, why was he picked fool of the week? Why not one of the kitana community or the entire community for overreacting? Oh, I know why, because fucking m2dave picked him. Bleh...

This hard on you have for m2dave is fascinating.

Honestly, I think you actually like m2dave and wish he was your best friend.

That he isn't feels you with deep sorrow and misplaced anger. If only he would notice you.

If only he would acknowledge your existence.

If only he'd look into your eyes, tilt your chin up to meet his smoldering gaze and softly whisper...

"Fool..."

I get it now. And I feel sorry for you.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
He does, but the scene is unfortunately poorly portrayed as certain elements are entirely omitted.

Below is what occurs in the novel and what subsequently makes much more sense.

Stover [the author of the novel] describes how Vader realizes the way of the Sith, and makes a sad attempt to destroy his master, Sidious. Vader realizes that Sidious had tricked him into believing that they can actually give eternal life to Padme, once they start "working together." After Padme is killed by his own hands, Vader ultimately finds out that it was he himself who destroyed his own wife. He realizes that treachery is the way of the Sith (an expression that is often mentioned in the novel), and "reaches through the Force to crush the shadow who has destroyed [him]," but fails to do so, as he is so far less than what he was. Stover also mentions that Sidious forgives Vader for such an action, and that Vader realizes that Sidious is the only person left for him in the end. All of the preceding, however, are omitted in the movie: the scene quickly ends with Vader destroying all the medical droids in the surgery room, screaming in pain and agony.

Source: Click here.
a) You know it's bad when someone who isn't even the creative inspiration, who is pretty much contracted to write the book based on the movie and has no obligation to go above and beyond the original portrayed storyline, does so anyway to help save the integrity of his own work because the story is written so poorly.

b) Him just 'accepting it' is still a cop-out. Literally everything the Jedi warned him about when it comes to the dark side came true. It makes no sense for him to keep going down the path of the dark side when it's been the basis of his downfall. It's bad. You can't relate to him or feel sorry because it goes against human nature and it's unnatural behavior. That and the fact that the relationship between Anakin and Padme' seemed more like a pretty girl/creepy stalker relationship more than a couple mutually in love relationship. It's just terrible. You have no sympathy for Anakin because he was a weirdo to her and it's probably best for him to move on with life and forget about her. God these movies were absolutely fucking horrible you have to be trolling me at this point with these arguments.

c) It just makes Vader look more and more like a bitch. So he tried to kill Sidious later and failed? Lol Jesus does his life get any more pathetic? The once proud and powerful Darth Vader I grew up was actually the biggest bitch in the universe. Your opinion on the prequels is about as spot on as your opinion about Tremor.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14

That he isn't feels you with deep sorrow and misplaced anger. If only he would notice you.

If only he'd look into your eyes, tilt your chin up to meet his smoldering gaze and softly whisper...

"Fool..."

No, I'm just stating the obvious.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

"Fool..."

This is hands down your best post ever.

"Fool..."

lol.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.

"Fool..."

Poor Prinz...

Remain Calm...

Apply to the afflicted area and wait for the paramedics to arrive.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Poor Prinz...

Remain Calm...

Apply to the afflicted area and wait for the paramedics to arrive.
I don't feel burnt at all. I'm just mad I was expecting to enjoy the podcast, instead half of it was useless m2dave rants, misinformation, bad attempts at entertainment and blow-ups and delusional and unfunded opinions. I can't afford that. Dave was a little bit entertaining for a few minutes (I blame it on chance), but that doesn't do it for the rest.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I don't feel burnt at all. I'm just mad I was expecting to enjoy the podcast, instead half of it was useless m2dave rants, misinformation, bad attempts at entertainment and blow-ups and delusional and unfunded opinions. I can't afford that. Dave was a little bit entertaining for a few minutes (I blame it on chance), but that doesn't do it for the rest.
You're pushing against the circlejerk, so the regular shitpost posse is going to keep rolling you and acting like anything said about you is pure ingenuity and wit, and anything you say in return is the ravings of a dribbling retard. I really wouldn't look too far into it Prinz, nobody except these guys actually take M2Dave seriously lol

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
You're pushing against the circlejerk, so the regular shitpost posse is going to keep rolling you and acting like anything said about you is pure ingenuity and wit, and anything you say in return is the ravings of a dribbling retard. I really wouldn't look too far into it Prinz, nobody except these guys actually take M2Dave seriously lol
Meh, I don't blame people. They're sticking to what they have. There's a reason ktp comes out once every 3-4 weeks and not weekly as it used to. Part of it is m2dave imo. You can rant about a topic for so long. Anyway, I don't see ktp going for very long in the current line-up. They need to lose this guy.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
Meh, I don't blame people. They're sticking to what they have. There's a reason ktp comes out once every 3-4 weeks and not weekly as it used to. Part of it is m2dave imo. You can rant about a topic for so long. Anyway, I don't see ktp going for very long in the current line-up. They need to lose this guy.
Jesus Christ, have you guys actually considered that people have different opinions than you guys and that what your opinion on Dave is not an actual fact? You don't have to like Dave on KTP as you are entitled to your opinion,but my god, you both come off far too often as if you think that your opinions are better than that of everyone elses.