What's new

Kombat Tomb Podcast - Episode 45

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
KTP is back this week with an over 3 hour podcast! A lot has happened in the past few weeks and we do our best to cover it all on this show. Starting with last nights fantastic FT10 exhibition of Wound Cowboy vs Forever King, which could very well go down as one of the best sets in history. We talk patch notes and give our thoughts on who received the best buffs. Also we go over universal system changes such as the removal of option selects. Speculation on who we may see in Kombat Pack 2 and why it might be a good thing its not being released until next year. Tournament results, YOMI, movie talk, Europe vs the moon, politics, alcoholic beverages and more on episode 45 of the Kombat Tomb Podcast. Enjoy!

Mp3 Version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/j3mn29qtob42ad7/KTP - Episode 45.mp3

1. FOREVER KING versus Wound Cowboy first to 10.

2. m2dave comments on Quan Chi and anti-zoning zealots.

3. Opinions on the patch and character changes.

4. The YOMI factor – the good and bad.

5. Sonic Fox versus Perfect Legend.

6. Brief discussion about top tier characters.

7. @Wowbiggulps ‘s Tremor jokes.

8. Discussion about horror movies.

9. Which Star Wars episode is the best? Nerdy arguments ensue!

10. How good (or bad) are the X-Men movies?

11. Slips is not feeling Ben Affleck.

12. Do we miss Injustice: Gods Among Us?

13. The best Mortal Kombat X players.

14. The importance of defense in Mortal Kombat X.

15. Kombat Pack 2.

16. Street Fighter IV and its repercussions on Mortal Kombat X.

17. Fool of the week – @I GOT HANDS and the anti-zoning zealots of TYM.

18. @YOMI REO and the character crisis. Which character should REO use?

19. @Pig Of The Hut and Kenshi

20. Was Predator normalized appropriately?

21. Slips asks: trip to moon or Europe?

22. An (uninformed) political discussion on the KTP!

23. Favorite alcohol beverages.

Attachments

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
About to go to sleep and then shit happens.

And why the fuck are the MP3 files so big now? It's not like you need 320 kbps for some MK players on a podcast

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
About to go to sleep and then shit happens.

And why the fuck are the MP3 files so big now? It's not like you need 320 kbps for some MK players on a podcast
Its at 128kbps. I could drop it down to 64kbps like i used to but those have playback issues on some mp3 players.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I would just like to say that 10-9 is NOT bodied. Beaten yes- bodied not quite. But good stuff. And someone reported that glitch to kechup.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Just to correct the record... I said Quan Chi's low scoop in Warlock has 20 frames of start up. It now has 11 frames of start up.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Very interesting stuff.

Edit: The political discussion was actually not nearly as bad I thought it would be. It was actually pretty on point lol.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
I have a dilemma. Hold off on listening to this and do it at work tomorrow to kill time or do it now and hold off on sleeping?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
@General M2Dave @Slips @K7L33THA
when talking about which characters got better/removal of os's and such i think you should of mentioned the super slept on jax.
his combos that didnt work on female characters before now do so he can do damage midscreen against them and more importantly he got to keep his horseshit b2 auto option select

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Woah woah woah woah woah, Slips...dude....are you actually suggesting Sonic lost to King twice because he didn't learn that one matchup in three weeks? Duuuuuuude that's some downplaying of King's (tournament) success... Sonic himself claims it doesn't take more than a week to learn a matchup in this game.

PS. M2Dave, your wheeze/laugh is hilarious, I've only listened to the last couple of KTPs but it has me dying every time.
So yeah, until Sonic Fox, EVERYBODY thought Kitana was bad... Ain't that right @Youphemism? :DOGE
Some know my stance on that situation, but I'm saving that for another time...

Yoaks

A spaceman
@General M2Dave @Slips @K7L33THA
when talking about which characters got better/removal of os's and such i think you should of mentioned the super slept on jax.
his combos that didnt work on female characters before now do so he can do damage midscreen against them and more importantly he got to keep his horseshit b2 auto option select
This character is just flying under everyones radar since the games launch.