What's new

Video/Tutorial - Leatherface Kombat Kast: Massacre

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
How no one cares about a cannibal, serial-killing, chainsaw wielding psychopath is beyond me.

Then again, this is the generation that thinks The Boy and Paranormal Activity is scary.
You make me so happy, Rude <3.

I can't wait to see this lunatic come to life.

And for the record, I fucking love Slasher Jason. I don't understand how chopping foes to pieces with a machete while brooding like death himself can be a bad thing.

Ayyyyyy, that's pretty conclusively immature, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
It's just that Jason already fulfills his role of a wordless violent mean big man, the only difference is that Leatherface yells annoyingly (and we have two DLC characters that yell annoyingly in the form of Predator and Alien already.)
That said, Leatherface is made more horrifying by the fact that he actually crushed so many people's Fujin or Sindel dreams.
and Rain. Why did everyone forgot about Rain?

Last edited:

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I don't get it. Do people not want pure mortal kombat games anymore? So many worthy actual Mk characters could of been added but yet we get a garbage character like leatherface. Smh.
ng, I wanted more MK characters more than guests. But this is what we got. And I'm a HUGE horror movie buff, so I'm going to play him and make him one of my mains. And calling Leatherface a "garbage" character is pretty dumb and obviously shows you don't know much about the characters backstory which is actually very well developed.

Last edited:
ng, I wanted more MK characters more than guests. But this is what we got. And I'm a HUGE horror movie buff, so I'm going to play him and make him one of my mains. And calling Leatherface a "garbage" character is pretty dumb and obviously shows you don't know much about the characters backstory which is actually very well developed.
Oh well, I'm dumb. He's Fucking garbage.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Oh well, I'm dumb. He's Fucking garbage.
I think your just salty we got more guests which I understand. If I wasn't a fan of the movies, I would be too. I mean I didn't want Alien but I'm not calling him garbage. I did not want Sindel at all but if she made it I wouldn't call her garbage.

I think your just salty we got more guests which I understand. If I wasn't a fan of the movies, I would be too. I mean I didn't want Alien but I'm not calling him garbage. I did not want Sindel at all but if she made it I wouldn't call her garbage.
I won't bullshit you, I'm still a tad bit salty. But in a general sense, I really do think he is garbage. I never liked his character.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I won't bullshit you, I'm still a tad bit salty. But in a general sense, I really do think he is garbage. I never liked his character.
If that's your opinion that's fine. It's a fictional character. The people that get me really pissed is those who call me "not a true MK fan" cus I am going to main him.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Did people bitch to Namco, Capcom or the other developers when they brought guest characters into a fighting game these last 2 decades? It's like NRS are the first ones to do it. :DOGE

A cannibal serial killer describes pretty much half the population of Outworld. He fits just fine. Can't wait to try him.

Did people bitch to Namco, Capcom or the other developers when they brought guest characters into a fighting game these last 2 decades? It's like NRS are the first ones to do it. :DOGE

A cannibal serial killer describes pretty much half the population of Outworld. He fits just fine. Can't wait to try him.
Nope just MKX has the most

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
NRS just confirmed the next Kombat Kast, and it takes place THIS THURSDAY, February 11th at 3pm EST/4pm CST/12 noon PST. Same link as always, http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm This Kombat Kast is subtitled MASSACRE and will of course feature Leatherface. What are you most excited to hear about in this Kombat Kast?

Stay tuned for more info as it comes, as this thread will have the info added to it.

Edited/Promoted by TS :coffee:
4 pm CST means 5 pm EST, not 3pm EST.

Also, I actually look forward to this after seeing the game play trailer.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
I think most people dislike of Leatherface (I mean, in addition of being a filthy guest character taking the resources and production time of a real MK character) is that he's just a psycho with a chainsaw.

Jason or Freddy at least had super natural abilities and were almost impossible to take down, Alien and Predator aren't even from earth.

Leatherface is a mentally challenged man manipulated by his own family into a killing spree. Give Jarek or Kobra a chainsaw and they can do anything Leatherface can.

When I saw his reveal attacking Ermac I could only think about how quickly would Ermac destroy him if the trailer really respected each character's abilities.
Ermac would destroy everybody

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
If he seriously will be a replacement for Kabal i'll be so fuckin upset.
What I thought yesterday when I read that. Kabal is one of my favorite characters and I wanted to see him back. So there a chance Leatherface is similar to him? Come on now...

Robbie Rage

Friend to the Reptiles
If he seriously will be a replacement for Kabal i'll be so fuckin upset.
He is in no way replacing Kabal. Leatherface doesn't dash, shoot energy balls, use hookswords, or wear a respirator. There is no replacing Kabal's play style.

Also, it's pretty much assured that Kabal will be back, whereas this is almost guaranteed to be Leatherface's one and only appearance in an MK game. Kabal will be fine.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
You better have bitched like this when they did kombat kasts for previous characters because they did the same thing for most of those characters.
trust me i did.. on their twitter. to them they just laugh about it. they think its funny how bad DK is.

Levaranoia

War God
I've watched the movies and I don't give a fuck about the character outside his own universe. Like Jason, he really doesnt offer anything that is gonna intimidate an actual mortal kombat character.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
trust me i did.. on their twitter. to them they just laugh about it. they think its funny how bad DK is.
This is such an entitled mentality. You don't have to be thankful they show us a decently detailed look into the gameplay of characters which they don't have to. But to complain because they don't get someone whos as good as some of us is absolutely ridiculous. God forgive Derek has fun with it even if hes not that good.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I think most people dislike of Leatherface (I mean, in addition of being a filthy guest character taking the resources and production time of a real MK character) is that he's just a psycho with a chainsaw.

Jason or Freddy at least had super natural abilities and were almost impossible to take down, Alien and Predator aren't even from earth.

Leatherface is a mentally challenged man manipulated by his own family into a killing spree. Give Jarek or Kobra a chainsaw and they can do anything Leatherface can.

When I saw his reveal attacking Ermac I could only think about how quickly would Ermac destroy him if the trailer really respected each character's abilities.
Pretty much this. Also the fact that a ton of people didn't really want more guests -- and if they did, they wanted to see characters like Spawn. I mean seriously, how many people do you know of that was really wanting Leatherface? There might have been some, but not many at all. I've seen more requests for Ash Williams and Pinhead.

For me, I also hate how bland/boring the character is. A lot of people try to defend him and say "How is a psychopathic, cannibal, chainsaw-wielding man boring?"

Come on, he's more boring than like 99% of characters in this game. This game let's you play as cryomancer ninjas, sorcerers, a half-man-half-dragon with fours arms, aliens, etc. Even the "normal" characters like Johnny Cage, Jax, and the others have powers, unique abilities, and/or has been apart of the series for a long time. Even the more boring characters like Jacqui at least have personality and dialogue, but they also have (and deserve) their own place in the game's story.

Leatherface has no dialogue, no unique abilities/powers, no personality, has a boring design, and from what we've seen from the trailers he even looks somewhat awkward to see moving around (kinda stiff and has exaggerated attacks that just look weird for him to do -- take his X-Ray as an example). It's a shame to see NetherRealm Studios/Warner Bros. put him in over some of the other characters that where more requested, made more sense, and also deserved to be in. Characters like Fujin (I don't care if you personally don't like Fujin. He's an classic MK character, deserved a place in this game, and is the #1 most requested character).

It just feels like Leatherface is in to drum-up hype across the casual fanbase and to promote the new The Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. I guess it's a smart business decision, but I don't think "smart business decisions" are what you need to do when trying to make a game the absolute best it can be -- or at least when you start over-doing them. Obviously it's important to actually make money since it's your job, but like I said, it get's bad when you start over doing them. Because you end up with multiple season passes that doesn't even include everything in that season, characters as pre-order bonuses, pre-order bonuses for pre-ordering season passes, microtransactions, $20 quick unlocks that doesn't even unlock everything in the game, way more guest characters/cross-promoting than the game needs, poor PC ports, bad communication with your fanbase, ignoring important subjects to damage control, and even sometimes flat-out lying to your fanbase just to make more money. Oh wait, this is Warner Bros. we are talking about here -- that's exactly what they want AND did.