What's new

Combo List - Kitana Kitana Combo thread

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
Confirm off an air fan from full screen:

Air DF1, DF1, run~f43, f2~db1, njp, bf3 (meterless, 30%, all variations)
Air DF1, DF1, MB DF1, db3 (1 meter, 30% unbreakable, assassin)

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Hi all
This is a little embarrassing but I am not great at this game and I have difficulties with combos, so I make up my own easy ones starting with base moves.

As an example, in MK 9 I used F2, 1, b2, air fan, ground fan, F2, 1 particularly online as it tended to connect and it was super easy (yes I know it was not the best). As time went on I extended it and could get a few more hits out of it.

My question is, what is a good, easy base combo to start from that is pretty forgiving, has relatively easy execution (few dashes etc)? I need a good base to work from and then I can extend it once I am used to it. I am Royal Storm at the moment, but I will give Assassin a go too.

Thanks for your help!

nice combos in the vid xKhaotik.

Speaking of combos, I do have a video currently stored on my PS4 as a proof of concept in regards to Kitana's XRay. I'll post that video quickly, and I'll have some more lab time with the game soon (Mrs. Mike doesn't want me to get the game just yet).

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Hi all
This is a little embarrassing but I am not great at this game and I have difficulties with combos, so I make up my own easy ones starting with base moves.

As an example, in MK 9 I used F2, 1, b2, air fan, ground fan, F2, 1 particularly online as it tended to connect and it was super easy (yes I know it was not the best). As time went on I extended it and could get a few more hits out of it.

My question is, what is a good, easy base combo to start from that is pretty forgiving, has relatively easy execution (few dashes etc)? I need a good base to work from and then I can extend it once I am used to it. I am Royal Storm at the moment, but I will give Assassin a go too.

Thanks for your help!
Good is something you can hit all the time 99%,

don't worry about what everyone else is hitting,

then when you feel comfortable with it, you add to it.

and by hit, I mean, in match, in fucked up situations lol

Pancake Nipples

Everyone is OP
I feel like we need a thread that's dedicated to combos, not videos but written out strings for each variation as a reference for new players.. Would anyone want to start one or be opposed to me doing so?
EDIT: Forgot to mention that the combos would be added into the OP as they come in.

Pancake Nipples

Everyone is OP
Hi all

Thanks for your help!
A very easy combo that I used to get used to landing fans on Kitana was in Assassin. It's a meterless 30% I believe (I'm not in front of the game so I could be off by a few %).
Basically you knock them into the air and catch them with your fan, kick them over your head and catch them with air fan, and finish with the assassin dash thing. I'll verify this combo later!
f112~df1, walk, f34, jdf1, bf3

ThaRawDeal

Not to be trifled with!
Air Float Combos!! Very reminiscent of Zatanna from IGAU. Enjoy!

Float combos are cool for swag, but if you're using assassin or royal storm you're probably better off confirming with a string vs going for the jump punch float cancel. If they block jump punch into string you at least get chip and some meter building, and if you hit it yields the same if not higher damage. If they block that float cancel you get none off that, and I'm not sure how safe it is. I only showed those combos in my Mournful vid because her combos are a little limited in that variation without getting very creative.

Ok have another combo idea in the corner I came up with this morning.

F112 df1 walk back df1 jip df1 jip jip 111 db1 NJP f3 bf3

It's 37% meterless. It would also set up for an xray if you needed it but I don't think the xray would add much damage unless you needed it to finish a match

Float combos are cool for swag, but if you're using assassin or royal storm you're probably better off confirming with a string vs going for the jump punch float cancel. If they block jump punch into string you at least get chip and some meter building, and if you hit it yields the same if not higher damage. If they block that float cancel you get none off that, and I'm not sure how safe it is. I only showed those combos in my Mournful vid because her combos are a little limited in that variation without getting very creative.
You can cancel float as soon as you do it into a neutral punch. Not saying it's safe but unless they expect it I doubt people will get anti aired on reaction unless it's being spammed

ThaRawDeal

Not to be trifled with!
You can cancel float as soon as you do it into a neutral punch. Not saying it's safe but unless they expect it I doubt people will get anti aired on reaction unless it's being spammed
I was referring to the blocked NJP. I imagine the opponent would be at some kind of advantage after that.

I was referring to the blocked NJP. I imagine the opponent would be at some kind of advantage after that.
Oh ok I thought you meant from a jump in sorry. Yeah I'm sure even in a float if they block it all you're in for a hurting after that.

Ok like I said I'm new to MK, as far as trying to be competitive, so I'm definitely going to need help being guided in the right direction. I want to create optimized combos from various starter strings that also lead to optimized situations. I am a street fighter player by trade but I know crossups don't exist in this game so I know wakeup situations are different. Given that Kitana for the most part has keepaway/zoning tools what would she be going for in wakeup situations when the opponent is right next to her (E.g. after like db2 as a combo ender)?

The next few combos I come up with will be starting in strings that don't juggle (B14, F33, etc) which obviously would need to start with DB1 to start combos as well as focusing on corner carries etc.

Last edited:

HaWXx Is Rippin

In the Akatsuki hideout, Hiding.
Combo with square jump ender, not a 'FAN' (Get It?, ha) of the throat slicer enders, anyone else have an opinion in this?

So this is an easy combo to do, not strict timing at all, i replaced the F33 with just 11 to make it easier and more consistent, only 46 percent, but leaves you right next to them as there in the corner.

Combo with square jump ender, not a 'FAN' (Get It?, ha) of the throat slicer enders, anyone else have an opinion in this?

So this is an easy combo to do, not strict timing at all, i replaced the F33 with just 11 to make it easier and more consistent, only 46 percent, but leaves you right next to them as there in the corner.
I'm trying to figure out what is the advantages/disadvantages of one over the other both midscreen and in the corner. Anyways with that combo you can probably still get jip 1 db3 after the db1 to get you more damage in the end

EDIT:
After looking at it again you could get probably another three percent or so easy. After the air df1 you could do df1 then get the F33 db1 into your finisher

Last edited: