What's new

Combo List - Kitana Kitana Combo thread

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Mournful combos:

Midscreen no meter
J2~Float~NJP, f43, f43, 21~Lift, f33~Staff Grb (34%)
11~Lift, NJP, f43, f43, 21~Staff Grab (29%)

Midscreen 1 bar
11~EX Glaive, f43, f43, f4~Lift, NJP, Run~21~Staff Grab (36%)

Corner no meter
11~Lift, NJP, walk back, f43, 21~Staff Grab (26%)
JK, 3~Lift, wait, f43, 21~Staff Grab (29%)

Corner 1 bar
b14~EX Glaive, walk back (!IMPORTANT!), f43, f43, f4~Lift, dash under, NJP, Run~21~Staff Grab (39%)

@RunwayMafia @xWildx @Laos_boy

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Went to my local offline scene last night to try these and thank you all! Got my first MKX tournament on the 26th. I will eventually pick up RS variation but love Assassin--pure rushdown <3

QUESTIONS:
- When is the best time to use (EX)sharpen? I was thinking after hard knockdown when you plan on really putting on the pressure. But have not tried, just wondered if it was ideal or not.

- When you iAF, are you buffering an air move such as j3? (BTW is j3 and nj3 the same thing?)

Went to my local offline scene last night to try these and thank you all! Got my first MKX tournament on the 26th. I will eventually pick up RS variation but love Assassin--pure rushdown <3

QUESTIONS:
- When is the best time to use (EX)sharpen? I was thinking after hard knockdown when you plan on really putting on the pressure. But have not tried, just wondered if it was ideal or not.

- When you iAF, are you buffering an air move such as j3? (BTW is j3 and nj3 the same thing?)
tbh ive not found a good situation for (EX)Sharpen yet, but im sure there will be some that arise soon.

when you instant air fan press df1 as soon as you press up, ub or uf. you should be able to get it consistently with a little practise although its not as good as MK 9 IAF

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
tbh ive not found a good situation for (EX)Sharpen yet, but im sure there will be some that arise soon.

when you instant air fan press df1 as soon as you press up, ub or uf. you should be able to get it consistently with a little practise although its not as good as MK 9 IAF
No worries, we are going out again this weekend to train, so I was gonna try it out in the lab, just wasn't sure if anyone tried it yet.

And thanks for the advice so could you "piano key" the d-pad since you are going in order of the directions just doing u,b,df1? Or no? I know if I don't get this down I got no biz using her lol

No worries, we are going out again this weekend to train, so I was gonna try it out in the lab, just wasn't sure if anyone tried it yet.

And thanks for the advice so could you "piano key" the d-pad since you are going in order of the directions just doing u,b,df1? Or no? I know if I don't get this down I got no biz using her lol
i literally use the same technique as mk9 which is input it all at once as fast as possible but IAFs are less effective in this game. so ive found its better using a mix of AF and GF to zone.

I use similar ones that do a bit more damage:
j2~f43, f43, f33~GF, JK~AF, Run~f4~Lift, NJP, f4~TS (42% Assassin or Royal Storm)
j2~f43, f43, f33~GF, JK~AF, Run~f4~Lift, NJP, AS (41% Assasin)

Assassin BnBs are the same as Royal Storm BnBs just with different enders.
that JK~AF after f33-GF is insane on timing, and you need some decent height from the f43 juggles, pretty tricky

MKX Kitana Royal Storm Combos:

Added a couple of corner meter combos as well. Is it safe to say Assassin and Royal Storm play relatively the same with minor difference such royal storm having the bounce back and air mobility of db3 while assassin has more damage output, parry, and assassin strike?

Last edited:

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
GF = Ground Fan
AF = Air Fan
TS = Throat Slice (BF3)
SS = Same Side (you end the combo facing the same direction you started the combo on)
CS = Change Side (you end the combo facing the opposite direction you started the combo on)

NOTE: These are primarily for Royal Storm. To substitute Assassin Strike in Assassin variation, end with Run~2~AS instead as attack 2 cancels to special really fast.

Ground Fan starters (using f112 instead of 111 adds about 5%):
111~GF, dash, f43, JK~AF, dash, 21~Lift (or Run~f4+Lift), NJP, (can add Run~3~ for 1% more) TS (32% CS)
111~GF, f22u4~AF, dash, 21~Lift, NJP, TS (28% SS)
111~GF, dash, f4~Lift, NJP, JK~AF, dash, 21~TS (30% SS)
aaGF, (timed) Run~f43, JK~AF, Run~f4~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS (36% CS)
f2~EX GF, d1~GF, Run~u2~AF, Run~f4~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS (40% SS)
f2~EX GF, d1~GF, JK~AF, Run~f4~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS (42% SS) *new*

Air Fan starters:
f22u4~AF, dash~b, f43, 3~GF, Run~f4~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS (34% CS)
f22u4~AF, dash~b, f43, 3~GF, Run~21~Lift, NJP, (can add Run~3~ for 1% more) TS (33% CS)
f22u4~AF, dash, f33~GF, dash, 21~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS (32% SS)
(1/2 screen+) aaAF, GF, Run, f43, f4~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS (34% CS)
(1/2 screen or closer) aaAF, Run~111~GF, Run~f4~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS (29% SS)

NJP starters:
NJP, f43, f33~GF, Run~u2~AF, Run~f4~Lift, F4~TS (36% CS)
NJP, f43, f43, 3~GF, Run~u2~AF, Run~f4~Lift, f4~TS (37% SS)

JK starters:
JK~AF, f33~GF, dash, 21~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS (37% SS)
JK~AF, f43, f43, 2~GF*, Run~f4~Lift, NJP, (can add Run~3~ for 1% more) TS (40% CS)
JK~AF, f43, f4~GF, Run~F4~Lift, NJP, Run~3~TS (39% SS) **You can end with Run~f11~TS for 40%

*Tip on landing 2~GF easier... press d~f~N~2~1

UNBREAKABLES:
Lift, GF, AF, GF (15%)
Lift, GF, AF, EX GF, GF (25%)
Lift, GF, AF, EX GF, EX GF (30%)

We need something like this in the OP, do you have Mod powers Konqrr?

Here's another one in the corner that's meterless. I tried to get more out of Assassin variant but assassin strike is too slow to use in a followup after a corner uppercut. :(

Something I've noticed is that a lot of corner combos on Youtube end with Kitana in the corner. It seems counter-intuitive to me to not give up a percent or two of damage in order to keep the opponent in the corner. Especially considering how strong corner pressure is in this game.

It's something especially prevalent for Assassin variation. Why do this great combo to push the opponent from midscreen closer to the corner then end with a move that puts you in a disadvantageous position? To my knowledge, jumping over to get back out of the corner is not a safe jump and the opponent can wake up (hat spin for example) and get a free combo.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I agree. Throat Slice is generally a better ender in the corner for that reason.

Run

Noob
New player; I'm having trouble getting the timing for the JK~AF after f112 GF, dash, f43 that starts most of the BnB combos I've seen...any tips? I've just been grabbing them on the way down from f43 or going straight into TS to at least get some consistent damage (28-29 %)

Something I've noticed is that a lot of corner combos on Youtube end with Kitana in the corner. It seems counter-intuitive to me to not give up a percent or two of damage in order to keep the opponent in the corner. Especially considering how strong corner pressure is in this game.

It's something especially prevalent for Assassin variation. Why do this great combo to push the opponent from midscreen closer to the corner then end with a move that puts you in a disadvantageous position? To my knowledge, jumping over to get back out of the corner is not a safe jump and the opponent can wake up (hat spin for example) and get a free combo.
I just feel that's the nature of her moves. At the end of a long corner combo its probably wiser to end in b2

Dark_Ky

Noob
GF = Ground Fan
AF = Air Fan
TS = Throat Slice (BF3)
SS = Same Side (you end the combo facing the same direction you started the combo on)
CS = Change Side (you end the combo facing the opposite direction you started the combo on)

NOTE: These are primarily for Royal Storm. To substitute Assassin Strike in Assassin variation, end with Run~2~AS instead as attack 2 cancels to special really fast.

""""""
thx man! I am using your BNBs since MK9 lol, always practical and damaging.

could you post your raw EX-Fanlift and AA-Fan combos too? conversion from fullscreen?

whats your corner BNBs?

ThaRawDeal

Not to be trifled with!
Open space and corner kombos. Meterless 40% assassin and 1 bar mournful. I did kombos with different opening strings to show the damage on different punishes. Been playing Kitana since they killed off Jade for now, and I have to say she's pretty awesome!

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Hmm so anyone found a useless to use "Edenian Dance" in Royal Storm for combos? It's super stylish but not really useful.

HaWXx Is Rippin

In the Akatsuki hideout, Hiding.
Does anyone have any solid Meterless Mournful combos? im really interested in that variation, seems unexplored so far!

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I don't know if anyone has found a better air to air combo but here goes mine.

Air to Air JIKxxDF1, dash, F4xxDB1, NJP, Run F4xxDF1, dash, F4xxBF3, or DB3 does 33% in Assassin or 35% in Royal Storm and has heavy corner carry.

Last edited: