What's new

Combo List - Kitana Kitana Combo thread

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Here are some combos I've been screwing around with. I am still looking for a secondary main and I just picked up Kitana for the first time yesterday so don't expect much. I had no choice after I unlocked dat dark empress.

Also, I can't get comfortable with the fan lift. NJP follow up feels awkward, lift height is too high for most normals and can't get the timing down to catch them after the fall. The only practical follow up I've had success with has been jump kick air fans. Any advice? I'm referring to while in Assassin.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
f+43 hits the lifted target
Nice! Thank you!

I don't see how I didn't figure that out on my own considering I used a combo in the video utilizing f4, 3. It's a weird string to follow up. I noticed that if you're too close to the opponent it's nearly impossible to catch them on the other side. I've been using f1, 1 and f3, 3 as follow ups.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
These are just some examples of anti-airing with F43. If you time the jump in on an opponent, then they cannot trade with you. I was testing out the quality of the Xbox recording scheme. I have better combos, but used simple stuff to show some examples of how it can be used. Fan lift, d2, & her fans of course are great for anti-airing too, of course.

Also another BNB in Assassin. Replace the Assassin Impale Royal Storm ender & you have a BNB as well:

f112 xxfanxx >jik xxfanxx > fan lift (nado in RS) f11xxpalexx 32%

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Came up with this 45% corner combo with Royal Storm (works in Assassin too). Only requires one bar, and you can convert it off of the EX Fan option select.

Fancier version

EDIT: I recorded this a day or two after launch and got 45%. I'm doing the exact same combo right now and only getting 43% now. Very odd.

Last edited:

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
Hello Kitana peeps. I was playing D'vorah and while she may be nice I'm actually interested in a different character. What is Kitana's max damage found so far from a Low and a Overhead? Grounded of course. I really don't like jump in combos cause I don't think they're that practical. :/ I saw one vid here that started with F11 which was nice but.. is JI1 the only thing she has? lol

Sorry if I missed it. 8 Pages was a lot to go through and it wasn't listed on the front. x:

Last edited:
So playing a few matches today I noticed her range on some punishes is fairly short so I guess she needs some combos starting from F22 as well

Hello Kitana peeps. I was playing D'vorah and while she may be nice I'm actually interested in a different character. What is Kitana's max damage found so far from a Low and a Overhead? Grounded of course. I really don't like jump in combos cause I don't think they're that practical. :/ I saw one vid here that started with F11 which was nice but.. is JI1 the only think she has? lol

Sorry if I missed it. 8 Pages was a lot to go through and it wasn't listed on the front. x:
Kitana has no overhead combo starter but Max damage of a low is about 37%

Great thread! Though I think in one of your first combos it lists b13 instead of b14.

Also, can we please get some corner combos in this thread?

The Magician

According to my sources...
Flashy corner combo meterless for you guys. Ji2 f224 df1 JiK AF JiK JiP airfloat 2 f33 db1 d2 11 bf3 or bd3(if assassin). I'm not at the game right now but it's about 40% or so if I recall.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
These are just some examples of anti-airing with F43. If you time the jump in on an opponent, then they cannot trade with you. I was testing out the quality of the Xbox recording scheme. I have better combos, but used simple stuff to show some examples of how it can be used. Fan lift, d2, & her fans of course are great for anti-airing too, of course.

Also another BNB in Assassin. Replace the Assassin Impale Royal Storm ender & you have a BNB as well:

f112 xxfanxx >jik xxfanxx > fan lift (nado in RS) f11xxpalexx 32%

Let me know what you think.
Those jump kicks look to be a little high. Does f4 work on deeper jump kicks?
Hello Kitana peeps. I was playing D'vorah and while she may be nice I'm actually interested in a different character. What is Kitana's max damage found so far from a Low and a Overhead? Grounded of course. I really don't like jump in combos cause I don't think they're that practical. :/ I saw one vid here that started with F11 which was nice but.. is JI1 the only think she has? lol

Overhead starter with Kitana lol ;_;

JDE

Those jump kicks look to be a little high. Does f4 work on deeper jump kicks?
Overhead starter with Kitana lol ;_;
Yeah. I tested it with the deeper ones, actually before I started working on combos with it.

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
Welp.. no overhead starter... Moving on to the next character.. See you Kitana chumps later. :p lol Seriously though, thanks for the replies.

JDE

Not every character has an overhead starter. lol. Just because she doesn't have one doesn't mean that she's not viable. She's actually fine without it (imo).

Psyken

GG XRD / MKX Player
I agree. She's probably a fantastic character. I honestly just love mixup heavy characters that make you guess high or low, and have great pressure. If Kitana doesn't have a overhead starter, then I don't think I'd be interested in her.

Sorry if I came off sounding like "x character sucks". Wasn't my intent. x:

Unfortunately she only has b2 which always knockdown but it's not bad as it forces the wakeup game and does like 9% if I recall

The Magician

According to my sources...
Corner combo for this thread, made this up myself today. It's quite on the technical side and I suppose it's flashy: Ji2 f224 df1 JiK AF JiK JiP airfloat 2 f33 db1 d2 11 bf3 or bd3 if your assassin

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Kitana combo video here. Features all variations. Has two 42% meter-less combos.

Nice I use most of those, but dear lord don't list combos with "front punch, back punch, etc" Use 1, 2, 3, or 4. That other shit is seriously painful to read and we've been using the number notations since 2002 when MK Deadly Alliance came out.

Front Punch - 1
Back Punch - 2
Front Kick - 3
Back Kick - 4