What's new

Combo List - Kitana Kitana Combo thread

Viper

Noob
So playing a few matches today I noticed her range on some punishes is fairly short so I guess she needs some combos starting from F22 as well
Obv not max damage but here's what use, it's consistent unlike most combos here lol - f22, db1,(step forward) f43, run 21, df1, JP2, df1, jk3, db3. Should be 32%. If you have anything better let me know I'm having trouble finding good damage WITH consistency.

Pancake Nipples

Everyone is OP
While I don't main or actually fight with Kitana, she's one of my favorite fighters to lab with (Fans are so fun!) and while doing so today I came up to a 45% combo midscreen one bar of meter, and a 51% midscreen xray. These combos are by no means consistent or easy to land, but they show off the potential of Kitana's juggle capabilities. (Assassin Variation)

1 bar: MBdf4, ji4~df1, f43, df1, dash forward, f11~db1, nj2, db3 - 45%
Breakdown: Meterburn Sharpen, Jump Kick into Air Fan, kick over your head and catch with Ground Fan, Dash forward and cancel your f11 string into Upraise, Neutral Jump Punch and catch with Assassin Strike. (You Meterburn Sharpen to double the duration, allowing it to last until it can improve your Assassin Strike).

X-Ray: df4, ji4~df1, f43, df1, dash forward, f11~db1, X-Ray - 51%
Breakdown: The same as above but instead of Neutral Jump Punch into Assassin Strike just X-Ray when they are Upraised.

I'm sure these can be improved with the little things but I just wanted to post what I thought was an awesome show of how much damage she can pull off without being in the corner.

Pancake Nipples

Everyone is OP
So playing a few matches today I noticed her range on some punishes is fairly short so I guess she needs some combos starting from F22 as well
While f22 has good range, it's actually got a slower startup that fan throw. Maybe try tossing one of those out for a softcore punish if you are out of range of the traditional combo starters? Just a thought I figured I would share.

HotZin

Noob
Not following this thread since I literally just started labbing with Kitana, but saw someone posting a BnB that did less damage than this so, maybe this could help someone idk:

jip, f112, df1, jik xx df1, dash forward, db1, d2(33%)

EDIT: Added another hit in: jip, f112, df1, jik xx df1, dash forward, f4xxdb1, d2 (35%)

EDIT 2: Alternate ending, extra 1%: jip, f112, df1, jik xx df1, dash forward, f4xxdb1, f33, db3 (36%)

Last edited:

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."

This is my current bnbs for Assassin Kitana, they also work with Royal Storm. You can use Assassin Strike in place of throat slice in all the combos...but don't quote me on it! lol

If anyone knows of a good meter combo mid screen or a better meterless corner combo also let me know!

These are what I consider bnbs meaning the execution required isn't combo video level, so you can implement them into actual matches, which was my goal, not to get maximum damage.

My improvement (BnB Combos) from first week of playing kitana or a mortal kombat ever.
My first BnB combo was awful but I think that they are pretty decent now, considering that they are all meterless.

Because I mainly play assassin now, I just change the square boost to an assassins strike (which brings the damage up to 30%)

Primary combo that i use. Takes some practice but once mastered it is a pretty deadly combo 35% (meterless).

Just a quick question if someone would like to help me out. I just started playing Kitana and i am having trouble consistently getting the Jump 3 to connect after the F43, is there a trick to the timing or anything?

Just a quick question if someone would like to help me out. I just started playing Kitana and i am having trouble consistently getting the Jump 3 to connect after the F43, is there a trick to the timing or anything?

I had the same problem. As soon as I finish inputing f43 on my controller I hold jump forward on my controller until it happens on screen. If you timed the f43 right this should put you in the right place to land the kick. The key is hitting f43 as early as possible in the small input window that you have.
Hope this helps

I had the same problem. As soon as I finish inputing f43 on my controller I hold jump forward on my controller until it happens on screen. If you timed the f43 right this should put you in the right place to land the kick. The key is hitting f43 as early as possible in the small input window that you have.
Hope this helps
Ty Sir!

Roy

Noob
Hey guys, just trying to do my part. I made a video for basic combos for all variations with the inputs on screen. Let me know what you think. All 0-1 bar. Let me know what you guys think, and I'm happy to contribute!

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I improved my corner bnbs with Kitana just a bit.

F112>Ground Fan, Jump 3>Air Fan, Jump 4, F33>Fan Lift, NJP, F33>Throat Slice = 38%
B14>Fan Lift, Jump 3>Air Fan, Jump 4, F33>Ground Fan, NJP, F33>Throat Slice = 37%
B14>EX Ground Fan, 3>Ground Fan, Jump 3>Air Fan, Jump 4, F33>Fan Lift, NJP, F33>Throat Slice = 49%

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
you can do a similar concept with the double ground fans by doing something like 1,1,1~ground fan, delay jump 3, 3~ground fan, 1~ground fan, jump kick~air fan, jump kick~float, njp, 1,1,1~throat slice. Really fun.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You know, I was just thinking that; also I have no fucking idea how people are getting f33 after two chained f43's
In this game, ground hits affect gravity before a launcher. For f33 to work, you have to hit f43 naked to start the combo, otherwise you would need to use 3~ fan or d1~ fan. Jps do not affect the gravity.

I love how her combos work. I just keep a mental note of what i have used in a combo and add to the combo with what i haven't done yet.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
What is her best damage off 111? I get 32 percent. If there is something can you reply with notations?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
What is her best damage off 111? I get 32 percent. If there is something can you reply with notations?
It's about 33%, but why do that when you can hit confirm 11 into Lift for 37-8%?

11~Lift, f43, f43, d1~Fan, JK~AF, Run~f4~TS (37%)
11~Lift, f43, f43, d1~Fan, JK~AF, Run~f33~TS (38%) *harder to do

You can substitute 11~Lift for 2~Lift if you know it will connect and get the same damage.