What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Actually, I beat him with Kano but lost terribly with Quan Chi, whom you listed better than Reptile. LOL.

I believe you have been spoiled by Martian Manhunter, who was doing the vast majority of work for you. You complain about Reptile's lack of anti-zoning tools because never once did you learn how to close the gap on zoning players in Injustice.
I wasnt being serious when I said he wasn't good lol. I thought everyone knew I was riding Kano hard. I've been saying he's great since Day -3, wrote a post singlehandedly picking him as my main after declaring him strong, and made the MU thread to form all our thoughts per match after tournaments and casuals against characters lol.

He's definitely Top 10, just not as broken as some of the retardation that is Jin and a couple of others. But Reptile is Top 10 imo too and possibly better. Like Dave was saying this guys tools are insane, especially when compared to what the majority of the cast has.

I would place Kano in the low end of the Top 10, and Reptile around 6-7 at the moment. I could see Reptile being Top 5 by Evo time. He looks really, really good.

Oh and you say you've mained Kano, but I still have my suspicions about your real agenda. :DOGE
Kano is better than Reptile IMO... laying on the ground and tech rolls rape Reptile.

Also @dribirut Reptile gets 31% no meter mid screen off of one of the best normals in the game... his damage is not bad at all.

Fractured_Shadow

Back on topic. Has anyone found a single use for Kano's up lazer? Or is this a totally useless move?

All my mindless Sonya play has been making me rusty so I am gonna use Kano for the next week.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I can't speak on Kano's tier placing this early on. I started with Cutthroat but i prefer Cybetnetic and use it almost all of the time, now. I think Kano has exceptional space control and footsie tools. He also doesn't have to take risks. But so far, i haven't seen an especially dirty setups or dirty 50/50s. In a lot of ways, i think Kano may be a better version of Deathstroke. Players with great footsies and spacing will do very well with him, but he requires work to be good.
I think that's what makes him so good in Cyber. He can dictate the pace and spacing of the match with less risk than most characters. Imo that compensates for the lack of a 50/50's and crazy Cassie-esque setups.

I played a long ass set last night against a Sun God Kotal Kahn that ended about even (my evaluation will be in the updated incoming MU thread update really soon). 25-23 was the score. This match really showed how well Kano controls spacing. Zoning was one thing, but in mid range the combo of B1 anti-airs, B2 at distance, D4 pokes, safe strings, and the godly backdash is amazing.

He is a great defensive, strategic character that can pick apart opponents who make any mistakes. Kano has to think one step ahead to be effective. He won't get too overhyped because he takes a lot of brain power to play well, but he has the tools to win any type of match, and I don't see him getting blown out in a MU.

Back on topic. Has anyone found a single use for Kano's up lazer? Or is this a totally useless move?

All my mindless Sonya play has been making me rusty so I am gonna use Kano for the next week.
Welcome back to Team Kano lol. Yea up laser is pretty useless though. If they're farther you can upball on reaction which is out of range of uplaser. If they're closer you can B1 for full combo into standing reset.

There's literally no use at all for that move. I wish they patched it out and replaced it with Zod laser. I wish...

Fractured_Shadow

I think that's what makes him so good in Cyber. He can dictate the pace and spacing of the match with less risk than most characters. Imo that compensates for the lack of a 50/50's and crazy Cassie-esque setups.

I played a long ass set last night against a Sun God Kotal Kahn that ended about even (my evaluation will be in the updated incoming MU thread update really soon). 25-23 was the score. This match really showed how well Kano controls spacing. Zoning was one thing, but in mid range the combo of B1 anti-airs, B2 at distance, D4 pokes, safe strings, and the godly backdash is amazing.

He is a great defensive, strategic character that can pick apart opponents who make any mistakes. Kano has to think one step ahead to be effective. He won't get too overhyped because he takes a lot of brain power to play well, but he has the tools to win any type of match, and I don't see him getting blown out in a MU.

Welcome back to Team Kano lol. Yea up laser is pretty useless though. If they're farther you can upball on reaction which is out of range of uplaser. If they're closer you can B1 for full combo into standing reset.

There's literally no use at all for that move. I wish they patched it out and replaced it with Zod laser. I wish...
Lol I never left. I was just taking the derp mode characters for a spin....and trust me they are pretty derp....gotta get ready for EVO. Plus I likr to use a character before I start bitching about them

What is his B1 AA combo? Does this AA dive kicks? Does it AA JKs? Does it AA stupid ass Sonya?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Lol I never left. I was just taking the derp mode characters for a spin....and trust me they are pretty derp....gotta get ready for EVO. Plus I likr to use a character before I start bitching about them

What is his B1 AA combo? Does this AA dive kicks? Does it AA JKs? Does it AA stupid ass Sonya?
I haven't tested it through everything, but his B1 anti-airs JK's, JP's, and I'm pretty sure most "non" Instant Air dive kicks like an elevated Kung Jin kick. For sure one of the best anti-airs in the game hands down.

You can B1, then B1 again into reset ,or into 2+4 EX combo of your choosing. Very solid stuff.

Zachara

Noob
So Kano can restand the opponent with EX knives
Situationally
If you get hit and you only throw out two knives...
Hi. Was just messing around in the lab for a while and noticed you can do something similar to this without being hit.
About 5/6ths of the way across the screen throw out the EXKnives , then another as soon as possible then throw out a non-EX. Tested on D'Vorah and she gets hit with 5 of the 6 Knives from the EX's and then is standing for the non-EX Knife (Which looked kinda meaty).
Sorry I can't record and/or if this already known.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Don't try to anti air dive kicks.. The timing will throw you off and many times they have priority. Instead just block and punish with f4.. Much easier

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Don't try to anti air dive kicks.. The timing will throw you off and many times they have priority. Instead just block and punish with f4.. Much easier
That's true. I've caught Kung Jin's but been obliterated by Lao's. So for the dive characters f4 for sure is better.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm just messing around with Kano, figuring him out. How does F4 apply in this situation? In fact, I'm slightly confused as to what the purpose of F4 is beyond a fast moving poke.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Well since half of my opponents are scorpions, they teleport and get full combo punished most of the time. People with slides armor their slides and get in. As for someone like Kotal Kahn....#walkandblock
Kotal is actually an interesting example because it seems like he at least has some midrange game, fullscreen he can set up a sunray and chill there. He has to have some lifelead first though, and Kano gonna have all the meter in the world, so I'm not sure on what's going to happen next...

When throwing knives for days and then anti airing with upball a time or two, people catch on and ill end up whiffing an upball. Once that happens, I can use uplaser as the preemptive anti air instead.
I feel that some better jump-ins can actually trade with upball sometimes. At least that happens to late Rising Thunder (on Raiden; the thing sometimes gets outright stuffed by some characters' JI1) Maybe AA laser is your way to deal with that if you think you are going to face such jump-in. Not sure how AA normals will work in this case though, because preemptively you can tiger knee instead.

People can back dash through knives...has this always been a thing?

At least scorp did against me last night.
You could do that with fast projectiles in IGAU, even better from fullscreen (since then your soon-to-be vulnerable hurtbox doesn't chase projectile that chases its way to the end of screen). In this game you can't backdash this stuff all day though.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I only practiced with Kano last night for the first time. Feels really, really good. It was real late, so excuse my fuzzy mind, but thoughts....

Are you guys hit-confirming b1,3 into Laser/2+4? 2+4 is safe, right?

D4 feels like Sub's but it's actually faster, I believe. So are you guys using a lot of d4 and b1(3) and f4 in the neutral?

Also, corner BnB... I want to say I was getting 43% 1-bar that ended in b1,3,1+3. That's +13, so b3 would have to be blocked. This reminds me of MK9 Sub's BnB in that there's virtually a free throw at the end. Am I overlooking something there? What are you guys' tendencies in that situation?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm just messing around with Kano, figuring him out. How does F4 apply in this situation? In fact, I'm slightly confused as to what the purpose of F4 is beyond a fast moving poke.
No problem man that's what forums are for. And f4 is an amazing whiff punisher but yea do not try to as with it

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones

I´ve found one use for up laser..... the Cybernetic brutality... :p .Need to perform a 5 hit combo before the MB uplaser

Also, I´m thinking now not to use the meter for combos. the regular laser is a starter that gives decent a easy 25% more or less combos and nice standup reset situations. Spending one bar for 6 or 7% more is not worth for me... more now that I´ve discovered that from 1+3 finishers you can instant jump back and do jump air ball with the perfect distance to touch the ground before hits the opp. This gives a low 7% or a 11% unblockable damage nearly free if you MB the air ball. Its sooooo dificult to avoid that because if they jump fwd the eats the ball. if they block up they receive 15%(low+unbreakable) and if they block low eat the unbreakable(11%). Also backdash cant avoid the unbreakable.

P.D: B2 has more range that F4, I´ve tested from the 1+3 ender, you can do it from the combo ender but the F4 need a walking before

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Hi. Was just messing around in the lab for a while and noticed you can do something similar to this without being hit.
About 5/6ths of the way across the screen throw out the EXKnives , then another as soon as possible then throw out a non-EX. Tested on D'Vorah and she gets hit with 5 of the 6 Knives from the EX's and then is standing for the non-EX Knife (Which looked kinda meaty).
Sorry I can't record and/or if this already known.
Probably not worth it for two bars...

Zachara

Noob
Probably not worth it for two bars...
Oh it's definately not worth the 2 bars. I think it did 15% + a meaty Knife.
My point was more that the restand was possible without trading and now someone else may take that information and do something good with it.
Information on how things work, even when they seem bad, can be useful later on down the line. :)

I$AAC

Noob
So this was something I stumbled upon at ranbats yesterday. I tried to recreate it in training mode and apparently if you juggle ex knives at the right angle it will cause a re-stand. Check it out!

Edit: oops nvm this was mentioned earlier in the thread. Sorry guys

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So this was something I stumbled upon at ranbats yesterday. I tried to recreate it in training mode and apparently if you juggle ex knives at the right angle it will cause a re-stand. Check it out!

Edit: oops nvm this was mentioned earlier in the thread. Sorry guys

Hey don't worry about me having mentioned it, this is the reason I mentioned it! Nice work! :D

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think Cutthroat is better than cyber in some matchups and that cyber is better in some. I really don't think Cyber has much of an advantage of the other two variations due to that lack of a 50/50.

ando1184

Noob
I think Cutthroat is better than cyber in some matchups and that cyber is better in some. I really don't think Cyber has much of an advantage of the other two variations due to that lack of a 50/50.
I agree with this, Kano really needs that overhead in some matchups. Overall I think he's a very solid character and can make any variation work to his advantage. His universal design is very strong for this game.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Just finished playing an over 2 hour long set against Abra's Warlock Quan Chi and Possessed Kenshi. I forgot how much a fun game can make you really salty.

To chime in on both of your comments, I'm starting to agree. Everyone is getting better, and without that overhead Kano's pressure options are more limited than they should be in certain MU's.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
In which match ups? Are Cutthroat's 50/50 mix ups as effective as those of Erron Black and Sonya, for example? If not, why bother? You will never beat them at their own 50/50 mix up game.

Cybernetic Kano still seems like the best Kano to me, and please do not make any judgements based on the garbage Cybernetic Kano gameplay that you saw on stream earlier today.