What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Anyone have any really good corner combos? I've basically just been doing the same midscreen combo since it works in the corner.
In the corner I prefer to leave them standing with advantage so I use-

112~db1, b312, 11, b13 1+3. 33% meterless.
B31~db1, b312, 11, b13 1+3. Meterless.

I only get about 5% more damage with one bar that I know of so I stick to the meterless and keep my bar.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
how does the enemy navigate cybernetic knife? seems too fast, ppl online just melt if i do it.
Well since half of my opponents are scorpions, they teleport and get full combo punished most of the time. People with slides armor their slides and get in. As for someone like Kotal Kahn....#walkandblock

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I noticed you guys posted that b23,1+3 safe? Well the frame data is wrong and bc of the pushback on b23, 2+4, It's actually safe and better for pressure. I even tested it against lao's MB spin (6f move I believe) and I could block and punish. So I think that's the better option to go off of. Plus we are in d4 and f4 range and you can backdash safely against counter pokes.
Ran the same test the other day, came up with the same results. Been using B23, 2+4 ever since.

ando1184

Noob
Anyone have any really good corner combos? I've basically just been doing the same midscreen combo since it works in the corner.
I do 112, DB1, B312, B312, D4, DB2, that's 37% meterless and around 34% if started with B31 instead. So I hope that helps :)

Edit: Does anyone know of any good meterless bnb's for this variation or is: 112, DB1, 112, ball all he's got? Also here's the midscreen combo I've been doing; B31, DB1, B23, 2+4 EX, dash, NJP, B1, B1, B13, 1+3, it's easy to land and nets over 30% and around 33-36 depending on starter.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So what is kano zoning gameplan ? Lets say ur fullscreen vs cage , what you do ?
I played an A-List(? I think) Cage recently (not that many matches mind you) and it felt kinda weird to play. His zoning and Kanos zoning seemed to trade most of the time and his might be a little more damaging (I'm not sure, someone lab it and confirm that for me pls) but if you block his fireballs instead, walk in and start zoning from a slightly closer distance he'll become edgy. He'll feel like he is in range for Shadow Kick now and that his zoning won't be as effective (you might be able to crouch it) so you want to stay at a distance where if you throw knives and he jumps over it you can trip guard him or NJP. You need to watch out for EX Shadow Kick though if you begin zoning or counter-zoning because Shadow Kick will send you full screen and he'll go back to zoning again since his projectile (as far as I'm aware) will do more damage and it'll be a better trade in the long run for him. You need to make him want to come to you then BREAK HIM IN HALF WHEN HE MAKES THAT MISTAKE :tonyt

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How do you all feel about the D'Vorah match up? I think she's absolutely ridiculous. Her low swarm move is heavily +on block. Plus, in Swarm queen she has a projectile that can grant a 50/50 from nearly full screen. Her pokes are vastly superior in range and are ridiculously safe.

I don't know how you're supposed to Zone a character with this much space control.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
How do you all feel about the D'Vorah match up? I think she's absolutely ridiculous. Her low swarm move is heavily +on block. Plus, in Swarm queen she has a projectile that can grant a 50/50 from nearly full screen. Her pokes are vastly superior in range and are ridiculously safe.

I don't know how you're supposed to Zone a character with this much space control.
I haven't played any good dvorahs so I'm probably really off but do knives trade with the low bug swarm thing? If she gets hit usually (depends on the screen where) she would have to run up to get anything and by then you falling out of it. So maybe a mix of rush down and zoning with some airballs to punish the ground blast? Maybe I dunno.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Anyone find any uses for the db3 air laser? It seems its range is close if not the same for db2 up ball which is faster on start up. Maybe its unbreak able?

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Anyone find any uses for the db3 air laser? It seems its range is close if not the same for db2 up ball which is faster on start up. Maybe its unbreak able?
When throwing knives for days and then anti airing with upball a time or two, people catch on and ill end up whiffing an upball. Once that happens, I can use uplaser as the preemptive anti air instead.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
When throwing knives for days and then anti airing with upball a time or two, people catch on and ill end up whiffing an upball. Once that happens, I can use uplaser as the preemptive anti air instead.
Ooooh ok, thanks man, its like it looks cool but I have a hard time using it haha. I'll try it like that.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Ooooh ok, thanks man, its like it looks cool but I have a hard time using it haha. I'll try it like that.
You have to do it preemptively. Like when the opponent is the "golden distance" away (like the distance at the start of the match) and everyone likes to jump in, throw a knife or two and then check them with the uplaser to try and catch a jump in.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
I'm probably not the only person to think of this. But what do you guys think of F4~EX Knives? I'm kinda digging it...