What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Because it gets characters nerfed who aren't that good.

Have you fought a good Erron Black yet? That will give you a better idea on what best in the game feels like.
Lol Kano not that good smh.. And yes I have. Not really that bad. Need to play fox thiugh

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
What? This sounds too suspect. The truth is finally coming out. Reptile fans are infiltrating other good characters subforums in an attempt to get them nerfed while Reptile goes untouched.

I'm on to you.
Lol I main Kano. Though I would admittedly like reptile buffs. I just don't downplay

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It's weird, I don't usually play zoners but I'm having fun with Cybernetic Kano. Even just playing the character has forced me to improve my footsies and trip guarding and I love it.
Reptile is probably one of the best characters in the game.
Really? How come?

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Something cool about cyber(which probably works with the other ones too) b23 (and I think b13) on block put you in range for a grab or a b3, kinda like a pseudo 50/50. Especially if they blocking low alot or in general.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Upper mid at best.. You actually need to play the character to realize his weaknesses.. On paper he seems good
I fought @THTB who has so far explored the character more so than anybody else in this community.

Could you explain this briefly?
Reptile has all the tools associated with the current meta game. He has a 50/50 mix up. He has a fast, long range poke that leads to a combo. He has good low pokes. He has one of the best block and whiff punishing tools in the game. He has one of the fastest armored moves in the game. He has good damage, which can be increased to very good with some set ups in Nimble.

I understand Dribirut would like to have Martian Manhunter's overhead teleport and MB orbs, but, really, what does Reptile lack?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So Kano can restand the opponent with EX knives

Situationally

If you get hit and you only throw out two knives...

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I fought @THTB who has so far explored the character more so than anybody else in this community.

Reptile has all the tools associated with the current meta game. He has a 50/50 mix up. He has a fast, long range poke that leads to a combo. He has good low pokes. He has one of the best block and whiff punishing tools in the game. He has one of the fastest armored moves in the game. He has good damage, which can be increased to very good with some set ups in Nimble.

I understand Dribirut would like to have Martian Manhunter's overhead teleport and MB orbs, but, really, what does Reptile lack?
Reptiles damage is low. Nimble you can only get out on knock down and there are better options anyways. He cannot cancel his "good" pokes into anything safe. He gets easily outzoned. His fast long range poke is actually 14 frames not fast at all when other characters have 8-10 frame d4 with same reach. Has some of the worst jip in the game. Forcrballs startup are so slow you cab get hit by a projectile twice before you even recover.. Elbow dash is almost pointless to use as a mivement tool sincr his normal run has faster recover and is almost as fast. Has slow pokes once again. Has pretty much just one variation

You obviously got wooped by thtb and are up playing characters again..

Not saying he's bad but he's nowhere near top 5 or 7

Sz
Kano
Erron
Kj
Kl
Quan
Sonya
Liu Kang
KiTana

Are all definitely better and there are many more who are more than likely better as well

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You obviously got wooped by thtb and are up playing characters again...
Actually, I beat him with Kano but lost terribly with Quan Chi, whom you listed better than Reptile. LOL.

I believe you have been spoiled by Martian Manhunter, who was doing the vast majority of work for you. You complain about Reptile's lack of anti-zoning tools because never once did you learn how to close the gap on zoning players in Injustice.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Reptiles damage is low. Nimble you can only get out on knock down and there are better options anyways. He cannot cancel his "good" pokes into anything safe. He gets easily outzoned. His fast long range poke is actually 14 frames not fast at all when other characters have 8-10 frame d4 with same reach. Has some of the worst jip in the game. Forcrballs startup are so slow you cab get hit by a projectile twice before you even recover.. Elbow dash is almost pointless to use as a mivement tool sincr his normal run has faster recover and is almost as fast. Has slow pokes once again. Has pretty much just one variation

Sz
Kano
Erron
Kj
Kl
Quan
Sonya
Liu Kang
KiTana

Are all definitely better and there are many more who are more than likely better as well
The downplay is so real that slow pokes was listed twice, as well as Quan Chi and Kitana being better than Reptile.

The downplay on TYM the last couple of days is reaching historic levels.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The downplay is so real that slow pokes was listed twice, as well as Quan Chi and Kitana being better than Reptile.

How is it downplay. Do you not get I main Kano..
Actually, I beat him with Kano but lost terribly with Quan Chi, whom you listed better than Reptile. LOL.

I believe you have been spoiled by Martian Manhunter, who was doing the vast majority of work for you. You complain about Reptile's lack of anti-zoning tools because never once did you learn how to close the gap on zoning players in Injustice.
Says the player who instantly goes for the strongest zoner. Stop being a hypocrite. I main the same character as you. You have been spoiled by op zoning characters which has rendered your footsies game to either double back dashing or forward dash throw.. Also reptile still got outzoned in mk9 and I did just fine. That is not what i am complaining about. I'm not even complainimg I don't even main the character

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

You say I downplay yet you say Kano isn't a great character.. Lol what a hypocrite

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You say I downplay yet you say Kano isn't a great character.. Lol what a hypocrite
I wasnt being serious when I said he wasn't good lol. I thought everyone knew I was riding Kano hard. I've been saying he's great since Day -3, wrote a post singlehandedly picking him as my main after declaring him strong, and made the MU thread to form all our thoughts per match after tournaments and casuals against characters lol.

He's definitely Top 10, just not as broken as some of the retardation that is Jin and a couple of others. But Reptile is Top 10 imo too and possibly better. Like Dave was saying this guys tools are insane, especially when compared to what the majority of the cast has.

I would place Kano in the low end of the Top 10, and Reptile around 6-7 at the moment. I could see Reptile being Top 5 by Evo time. He looks really, really good.

Oh and you say you've mained Kano, but I still have my suspicions about your real agenda. :DOGE

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I can't speak on Kano's tier placing this early on. I started with Cutthroat but i prefer Cybetnetic and use it almost all of the time, now. I think Kano has exceptional space control and footsie tools. He also doesn't have to take risks. But so far, i haven't seen an especially dirty setups or dirty 50/50s. In a lot of ways, i think Kano may be a better version of Deathstroke. Players with great footsies and spacing will do very well with him, but he requires work to be good.

Now, if we are talking potential top tier...i see no one mentioning D'Vorah and that is a mistake.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Sz
Kano
Erron
Kj
Kl
Quan
Sonya
Liu Kang
KiTana

A vast majority of the cast can't cancel into anything safe.

I'll give you the damage, because he does have low damage (without meter), as well as the jump attacks and slower pokes.

Basilisk's strength is the oki game and corner carry capabilities it brings.

b2 is a hilarious anti-poke at times, f21 has great chasedown ability, b3 ducks under some things and has solid range, etc.

Reptile's normal run isn't that fast, and dash can work as an anti-run tool when you can whiff it. The recovery sucks, but half the time you have to anticipate it, and dash in general still has the same threat that it did in MK9.

The character doesn't play like his MK9 version. He's different. It doesn't make him worse, or better, tbh, because we seriously don't know.

We really shouldn't be trying to call out top 5s, top 10s, top whatevers yet, anyway. This game has way too much shit to explore first. I think he's really good, but then again, I don't know who's truthfully really good and who's a shitter. Because it's literally week 2 lol.