What's new

General/Other - Cybernetic Kano's Cybernetic Variation Discussion Thread

cyke_out

Noob
So the b23, 1+3 string leaves them standing and you at advantage...buuuuuut Kano has no overhead starter, meaning he has no 50/50 mixup (other than throw), so what is the point of giving him a standing reset?
Unless in the corner, it leaves them too far away for you to do any sort of mix up. I just follow it up with knife at mid screen.

His mix up game is weak.

#buffkano

Seems to me b23-1+3 is more about just being safe on block, right? It's a way to make your half screen b2 starter string safe. I'm trying to get used to hit confirming the b23 into 2+4 on hit and 1+3 on block, success rate of maybe half right now but if I can do that regularly then yay. If not, oh well, just poke with the safe version and use the 2+4 ender in punishes/whiff punishes and against characters who can't do anything about midrange -7 situations.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Seems to me b23-1+3 is more about just being safe on block, right? It's a way to make your half screen b2 starter string safe. I'm trying to get used to hit confirming the b23 into 2+4 on hit and 1+3 on block, success rate of maybe half right now but if I can do that regularly then yay. If not, oh well, just poke with the safe version and use the 2+4 ender in punishes/whiff punishes and against characters who can't do anything about midrange -7 situations.
Yea it's better to hit confirm. B23 is one of the easier strings to hit confirm so with practice it'll be nothing to do so after a while. I'm at about 70% right now. Sometimes at fast paced moments Im not up to speed on the confirm, but that comes with time.

SiThG0D

These eyes will deceive you.
Nice combo vids TeaBag, I've been having some trouble coming up with combos for Kano in cybernetic, This is the one I've been using online so far, I'm about to try yours out later tonight for sure.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Nice combo vids TeaBag, I've been having some trouble coming up with combos for Kano in cybernetic, This is the one I've been using online so far, I'm about to try yours out later tonight for sure.
To put an addendum on the combo you posted, after hitting the b2,3 2+4 meter burn, you can dash almost immediately after landing the meter burned 2+4, no need to walk up; makes hitting the NJ2 much easier, and you're closer to the opponent.

ando1184

Noob
I noticed you guys posted that b23,1+3 safe? Well the frame data is wrong and bc of the pushback on b23, 2+4, It's actually safe and better for pressure. I even tested it against lao's MB spin (6f move I believe) and I could block and punish. So I think that's the better option to go off of. Plus we are in d4 and f4 range and you can backdash safely against counter pokes.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I noticed you guys posted that b23,1+3 safe? Well the frame data is wrong and bc of the pushback on b23, 2+4, It's actually safe and better for pressure. I even tested it against lao's MB spin (6f move I believe) and I could block and punish. So I think that's the better option to go off of. Plus we are in d4 and f4 range and you can backdash safely against counter pokes.
Yup. I'm gonna update the OP after this weekend with all relevant info and findings. I just wanna play in this tourney first to try some things out in the heat of competition.

Also, bro what, you're playing Kano??? :eek:

ando1184

Noob
Yup. I'm gonna update the OP after this weekend with all relevant info and findings. I just wanna play in this tourney first to try some things out in the heat of competition.

Also, bro what, you're playing Kano??? :eek:
Yeh I picked up Kano and I've been really putting in work in his cyber var., trying anyway lol.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I made a couple people angry online. Boo woo! Stop throwing knives and fight. Well.. if you going to be dumb and stand full screen versus my Cyber Kano, what am I suppose to do?

Then they want to call me out in the chat room. I'm a supposed spammer it seems. No respect zoners online. I can do Kombos but I using my tools.

cyke_out

Noob
I made a couple people angry online. Boo woo! Stop throwing knives and fight. Well.. if you going to be dumb and stand full screen versus my Cyber Kano, what am I suppose to do?

Then they want to call me out in the chat room. I'm a supposed spammer it seems. No respect zoners online. I can do Kombos but I using my tools.
Dude, take all that as a compliment. You won, they lost. Congrats.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Is the frame data correct? I see that b23,1+3 is -1 on hit?? But b13,1+3 is +13 on hit i think. Both seems to have the same stand animation after hit

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

OS Eyeburst that is hella meaty, doesn't come out if blocked or if hit, only loses to xrays, back dashes, delayed wake up, and probably faster wake up options.
So I'm practicing this, but i can't seem to get the timing down. Could you explain a little more on how to execute this?

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
So I'm practicing this, but i can't seem to get the timing down. Could you explain a little more on how to execute this?
Try inputting ex laser as the knife's ching sound goes off, you'll know you're doing it right when Kano goes immediately to block instead of trying to laser. Alternatively be sure you're taking a small step forward to help get the timing down. Try watching the video at 0.5 to see the input.

How are they gonna give him "straight laser" and up laser but no low laser?! Heh needz iht :oops: RIP Zod Kappa
Kano doesn't seem to have a very strong low game in Cyber. d3 is fast but slow recovery, d4 is naff and b3 has good range, but slow recovery and is easily punished... and that's about it outside of his 312, which is better on wake up, and easily blocked.

It seems that most of his options can be met with a simple low block. How are people handling this outside of throw range? Is the idea to maintain chip pressure?