What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'd rather have it be safe to be honest, a lot of his stuff doesn't look safe
That's the issue with the hitbox only being on the sword. It would be punishable with most low and jumping attacks, as well as long-range highs. It would only catch an adjacent standing opponent.

Reactions: RYX

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I don't like the after effect very much. Seems like it'll fuck up zoning/combos really bad.
Throw the unblockable on the end of combos to finish out the fight or first health bar. That way the debuff won't matter or won't matter as much.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
wait block and I'll be fine?

i already know who to use if deathstroke is my opponent
He's making a reference to Deathstroke's trait, which makes his shots unblockable. And who is this anti-Deathstroke character you speak of?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Based on the new videos, most of his moves appear to be incredibly unsafe, including his super. It will be interesting trying to figure out strings that don't leave him too vulnerable on block that still yield a significant reward on hit.

Part of me is excited that I've finally chosen a character who is apparently top-tier, as least according to early speculation. I always end up liking the Kano's of whatever game I play. However, I'm not looking forward to all of the Deathstroke mirror matches that lie ahead.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Based on the new videos, most of his moves appear to be incredibly unsafe, including his super. It will be interesting trying to figure out strings that don't leave him too vulnerable on block that still yield a significant reward on hit.

Part of me is excited that I've finally chosen a character who is apparently top-tier, as least according to early speculation. I always end up liking the Kano's of whatever game I play. However, I'm not looking forward to all of the Deathstroke mirror matches that lie ahead.
What videos?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
his stuff really doesn't look that unsafe lol

Most characters are pretty not safe with their strings, but I'm assuming Stroke has either a few safe stuff or a hell of a lot of mix-ups.
It looks like everything he can do is punishable on block. He's really the only character I've been paying a lot of attention to, so it's possible he's just as punishable as any other character. I just noticed that if he doesn't hit, he gets blown up pretty bad.

IKR, I always like being one of the 'originals' and not someone that flocks to the best characters.

He has a lot of active frames, especially on the rifle; the recovery frames look fairly decent.
I think the recovery on the rifle looks even longer than his pistols too.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
You know, for a guy who has the nickname 'deathstroke guy', I don't like this guy enough. But I recently talked to a friend, and apparently, he is amazing.

I might give him more of a shot.

Backfire

Noob
IKR, I always like being one of the 'originals' and not someone that flocks to the best characters.

I think the recovery on the rifle looks even longer than his pistols too.
i know how you feel but i just choose characters i like or i like their play style. im hoping deathstroke will be one of my mains.

im looking at maining catwoman, deathstroke and harley/aquaman.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Deathstroke says "I enjoy hurting you" when he takes a round.

Someone put that as the title of my guide. ;_; right meow

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!

Its also in an awesome way too. Not an edgy tryhard emo kinda 'I get off on pain' kinda way.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Basing on the gameplay footage I have seen his normals do seem punishable as mentioned. With back to block and a seemingly lenient buffering window in the demo you are not gonna get away with the online shenanigans of MK9 such as random elbow dashes, up balls, raiden/rain tele etc. assuming NRS took a page out of Namco's playbook and finally came up with a decent netcode.

Deathstroke seems to be able to convert air to air trades into combos and has a move that looks a bit like Kano's upball. I do hope that he has the tools to get at least 30% from hitting the opponent out of the air from anywhere on the screen. A couple of keep-away strings with a possible 50/50 ender into a hard knockdown would be nice as well as good pokes and at least something that's advantage on block. If I am not mistaken he has a faster than average walk speed to make up for the fact that his dash doesn't cover that much ground.

I've heard him say, "you're getting annoying" too, I think ppl might just let us win just to hear his badassness

The trait enables unblockable gunshots? Runetrap should be renamed in stroketrap. Btw his prerelease framedata aren't looking that good. I don't think he is an easy choice