What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Lyuben

Only his specials list though.
Seems simple enough. I'm surprised his low shots are a special. I thought that he could aim his original. It also means he can't hold it like stryker or green arrow.

Also, whats the difference between sword flip and sword spin? Have we seen them in action?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Seems simple enough. I'm surprised his low shots are a special. I thought that he could aim his original. It also means he can't hold it like stryker or green arrow.

Also, whats the difference between sword flip and sword spin? Have we seen them in action?
The sword flip I assume is the move similar to Vergil's Lunar Phase. I don't believe we've seen both moves, though. It's also possible that they're the same move, with one being like Kano's ex-upball and the other moving horizontally.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
That screene's from RFD (which had those custom arcade setups, I believe). Either way, the players there were on stick (further evidenced by the SF style inputs), and likely had LMH across the top row of buttons. The third button on the top row on most sticks correlates to RB/R1. On pad, iirc the default layout for the attack buttons are all on the face.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The sword flip I assume is the move similar to Vergil's Lunar Phase. I don't believe we've seen both moves, though. It's also possible that they're the same move, with one being like Kano's ex-upball and the other moving horizontally.
I saw it on the RFD stream, a dude used in once, probably by accident, it looks like Barakas Blade spin, the animation was really silly looking lol.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I saw it on the RFD stream, a dude used in once, probably by accident, it looks like Barakas Blade spin, the animation was really silly looking lol.
Oh wow! I'm surprised they would give a heavy zoner such a good GTFO move as Blade Spin. The more I hear, the more excited I get about this character.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Oh wow! I'm surprised they would give a heavy zoner such a good GTFO move as Blade Spin. The more I hear, the more excited I get about this character.
It didn't look as good as Blade Spin, the sword was at like his waist, so it might not have a good anti air hitbox.

Then again, it happened a week ago and lasted for like a second, so take all this with a grain of salt.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Also his low isn't safe on block. Look at when it's blocked by Catwoman, she hits him with a poke - could be more punishable than that. Definitely unsafe though.

Was this fight done underwater?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
He re-uploaded it lol

it seems like he got all of his footage from somewhere else, kind of a scummy dude but I dunno where else to see this particular footage.
Holy crap! Deathstroke must have a kryptonite condom, because he straight-up raped Superman!

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Also his low isn't safe on block. Look at when it's blocked by Catwoman, she hits him with a poke - could be more punishable than that. Definitely unsafe though.

Was this fight done underwater?
I imagine you'll be able to cancel it into guns or sword specials to make it safe. I'll be happy if you can cancel it into his flip-kick overhead.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I imagine you'll be able to cancel it into guns or sword specials to make it safe. I'll be happy if you can cancel it into his flip-kick overhead.
I doubt guns will be any kind of safe considering he decides to take forever to holster them. I hope one of his sword moves are safe then at least.

Cancelling into flip-kick = me a happy camper.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I doubt guns will be any kind of safe considering he decides to take forever to holster them. I hope one of his sword moves are safe then at least.

Cancelling into flip-kick = me a happy camper.
The pistols have fairly quick recovery, and depending on block stun they might be difficult to punish.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Here is that spin move in action.
Good find! That really is an odd-looking move, and I can't really tell how quickly it comes out, or what its hitbox looks like. Hopefully it will be effective against heavy rushdown.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
looks so goofy lol
I'm hoping the actual hitbox goes a bit above and below the sword. If it's like Lao's or Baraka's spins then I could see Deathstroke being a top 5 character for sure. If the hitbox is only on the sword, I can't really see the move being used for anything beyond combo extensions.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm hoping the actual hitbox goes a bit above and below the sword. If it's like Lao's or Baraka's spins then I could see Deathstroke being a top 5 character for sure. If the hitbox is only on the sword, I can't really see the move being used for anything beyond combo extensions.
I'd rather have it be safe to be honest, a lot of his stuff doesn't look safe