What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I don't think so for the fact that his guns are a lot faster; he can probably stuff his projectile/missiles on reaction. I think low guns will also beat out Cyborg's air projectile.

Smoke_Of_Finland He can be the best zoner and still have great CQC; depends how NRS has designed him.

I'm honestly a bit worried about his dashes and throws more; his dash covers so little distance compared to most of the cast and his throw has Sektor Syndrome.
The forward dashes in this game look ridiculous. One of my favourite things about characters in fighting games is if they have a long range backdash and fast high damaging whiff punishers. Kano's backdash into b1,1,2 for punishing whiffed jump-in punches was so awesome in MK9 and Smoke's b2 was godlike. This game will most likely have strong anti air specials considering that most of the cast seems to have aerial mix-ups. The lack of air mix-ups in MK9 was in my opinion one of the biggest things that put top tier characters above the mid and low tiers.

Anyways, what do you mean by "Sektor syndrome" I haven't seen Deathstroke's throws, but if they leave the opponent at Deathstroke's feet they are supposed to be used as offensive tools. If throws can't be tech rolled it will give Deathstroke an offensive option with his cross-up sword slash. I imagine for meterless pressure escape tools he will have some fast strings that send the opponent away for more zoning like Sektor's 1,1,b1 and 2,1,4

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
What? His primary looks awesome, his alternate looks swag. The worst one is that Flashpoint skin. god I hate it

looks better than your fruity Dick
I like his alt, but I hate his primary. Flashpoint skin is the closest thing to his classic look.

Nightwing's primary is is meh, his alt. is better, but has way to much going on. That' why I'm using his New 52 skin because simplicity >.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
KombatNerd y u so SRS? U know I <3 u girl

Also imagine block strings into gun while his trait is active. Just, think about that for a second.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I love his costume. I've always thought Deathstroke looked kind of silly (what assassin wants to wear bright orange?), but I love everything about his Injustice look, especially that badass helmet. I do hate his "Amish" alt, though. He looks like fucking Captain Ahab...

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's not much, but's it's something. In this video you can see Deathstroke use what appears to be a jumpkick that ground-bounces the opponent (0:23), as well as his "Lunar Phase" sword spin attack (0:57). You can also see his super move armor through a hit from Green Arrow (1:04).

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
It's not much, but's it's something. In this video you can see Deathstroke use what appears to be a jumpkick that ground-bounces the opponent (0:23), as well as his "Lunar Phase" sword spin attack (0:57). You can also see his super move armor through a hit from Green Arrow (1:04).

Huuuhm, the jump kick looked more like it put GA into a juggle state because GA was starting to jump. His feet had barely left the ground before impact, I believe. It's kind of hard to tell due to the nature of the video.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
That jump kick attack looks great in terms of speed and range and it looks like an overhead as well. I wonder if that move has "crush frames" as in Tekken where certain moves evade lows or highs during their active frames. If that move goes over low pokes like Mileenas u4 and can be cancelled into from Deathstroke's own low pokes it would be sweet. I just wonder how punishable/safe it is and how much pushback on block it has.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Huuuhm, the jump kick looked more like it put GA into a juggle state because GA was starting to jump. His feet had barely left the ground before impact, I believe. It's kind of hard to tell due to the nature of the video.
You're right, he definitely catches GA just as he leaves the ground. I haven't seen that attack before, though, so there's a chance the juggle state is a standard effect not based on airborne confirms.

[EDIT] Hmm, well now I can't tell if that's the JK we've already seen. It looks like he hitting with his knee, similar to Akuma's jumping M from UMvC3, but that could just be the shitty video quality.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hasn't been shown to. I'm gonna say he can't though.
That's a shame. My one real reservation about Deathstroke is that he might be a little too straightforward and predictable. It'd be nice to have some good tools for mindgames.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
That's a shame. My one real reservation about Deathstroke is that he might be a little too straightforward and predictable. It'd be nice to have some good tools for mindgames.
Yeah, unblockable guns with high-low mix-ups are sooo predictable. :rolleyes:

We'll have to see how good his mind-games are. Being able to hold/charge his overhead is definitely an obvious one right now.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, unblockable guns with high-low mix-ups are sooo predictable. :rolleyes:

We'll have to see how good his mind-games are. Being able to hold/charge his overhead is definitely an obvious one right now.
Ha, that's true, I forgot about his ranged mix-ups, and his trait seems really good. Is there any word on if characters can block in air?

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I Tiger Tiger Tiger all day in SSFIV when I'm not psycho crushing, so I've certainly got no qualms with linear zoning as long as the tools are reliable.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Can anyone link me to his movelist if it exists?

I conducted a poll where I asked people who I should play in London in a prerelease tourny, and deathstroke won.