What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm guessing with zoning that strong, he will be exploited up close, as it should be expected. But being deathstroke, I'm sure he will have some dirt.
He doesn't seem like the fastest character, but most of his pokes use his sword, so he's got some nice range to work with. He also has easy access to close-range mixups, and his sword-based specials seem pretty dominant. Between that and the ability to pushblock (even with its meter cost), I see him being a threat from most positions.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Going back to UMvC3 similarities, I see Deathstroke as a hybrid Deadpool/Vergil. I can already picture all the hatemail I'll be receiving...

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
As a Bryan player in Tekken I don't mind all the qcf and qcb inputs. I play pad and with an older, a little bit worn out d-pad PS3 controller those qcb/qcf inputs are not a problem to execute. Deathstroke seems like Kano/Kenshi to me so I am definitely giving him my first try. Those gunshots going through armor is godlike. No more "just do it" EX cartwheel type of bullshit from rushdown characters.

I was skeptic for a long time about Injustice being a legit fighting game, but after seeing the Pax interviews with the in-game frame data and training mode and all I am starting to get hype. Overheads seem like they are seeable so the game doesn't have retarded 50/50 mix-ups like KOF, SF4 and UMVC3 that are unseeable and lead into retarded 50% + dmg combos and ultra/super death combos.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Lets hope we can use his pokes canceled into his unblockable bullets ala rune traps
His trait requires some startup and isn't instant. Plus, its pretty short duration. You'd have to get safe, turn it on, move in and by the time you get one off, its over.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
His trait requires some startup and isn't instant. Plus, its pretty short duration. You'd have to get safe, turn it on, move in and by the time you get one off, its over.
Doesn't make it impossible

I don't think you have what it takes to be a real Stroker

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Doesn't make it impossible

I don't think you have what it takes to be a real Stroker
Probably not. I was really stoked for him you know, I even tried to start a fake rumour that he was cancelled due to the gun outrage in America in the hope that they'd give us some damned videos to disprove me.

But in the end, I don't like his style.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Probably not. I was really stoked for him you know, I even tried to start a fake rumour that he was cancelled due to the gun outrage in America in the hope that they'd give us some damned videos to disprove me.

But in the end, I don't like his style.
It's because you ain't got style.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Depending on how many recovery frames Deathstroke has will solely determine his place on the tier list. ATM he is reminding me more and more of Noob Saibot. If Deathstroke has Kenshi recovery and even ONE good poke he will be a terror to deal with. If he has Noob recovery, and Scorpion pokes than Deathstroke is going to get a hurting placed on him.

I$AAC

Noob
What sucks is that we haven't seen all his pokes. Someone said his spinning sword is a GDLK anti air. And he has combos that re-establish distance. From what I hear he has good pokes.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Depending on how many recovery frames Deathstroke has will solely determine his place on the tier list. ATM he is reminding me more and more of Noob Saibot. If Deathstroke has Kenshi recovery and even ONE good poke he will be a terror to deal with. If he has Noob recovery, and Scorpion pokes than Deathstroke is going to get a hurting placed on him.
What? His guns become unblockable and his machine gun eats through armor, even supers.

Having bad pokes and shit recovery would ruin any character, with very few exception.

NKZero

Noob
I can't wait to main this bastard on release. I love everything about him, his look, his zoning abilities, his intro and win pose.....BADASS!

I know he says "I love my job" at the end, but I've heard him say "you're easy money" in a video I can neither locate nor remember. When does he say that phrase?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I can't wait to main this bastard on release. I love everything about him, his look, his zoning abilities, his intro and win pose.....BADASS!

I know he says "I love my job" at the end, but I've heard him say "you're easy money" in a video I can neither locate nor remember. When does he say that phrase?
In his trailer video

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Anyone know where to find that stream footage of the 2 British guys playing around with Deathstroke? They did quite a few things that weren't in the pax footage.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hmm, my internet is acting up and these video are downloading slow as shit and for some reason I can't get my computer to Print Screen while in full-screen mode. I might have to complete this project tomorrow...

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
From that video his projectiles look pretty balanced on wiff.... its gonna be a game of reads for him... it looks as though you can jump his projectiles for full combo
I don't want to jump to conclusions just yet but the main reason it looks, to me at least, why he's getting punished is because of Wonder Woman's dive attack being pretty fast. It's also pretty close as well so it can definitely be punished from that range, but farther on out, I think he's fine.