What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Deathstroke just got a little cheesier folks I don't know if this has been mentions but his air 3 is godlike and it combos into standing f23 sword flip XD

Rabbit

thugs bunny
The in-game frame-data is all kinds of jacked up. His Sword Spin seems to be completely safe; it's definitely not -21 on block. I've got an AI Deathstroke set to do Sword Spin reversals(it's a 7-frame start-up), and I can block it every time after he blocks my Sword Spin. If I hit with the tip of the sword, I can even start walking backwards before his Sword Spin reversal starts up, causing it to whiff completely.
I've only been thrown out of the recovery and that's because I was doing it over and over again in the corner to a Shazam that was just doing the pyschocrusher move the whole match.

Maybe it's -11?

I've only been thrown out of the recovery and that's because I was doing it over and over again in the corner to a Shazam that was just doing the pyschocrusher move the whole match.

Maybe it's -11?
I think it's -8. Anything more than that and it's negative on hit too.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
So, how does the Slade community feel about the MKC trying to get your character nurfed already? Lol
BROKESTROKE! NURFZ!

It is pretty fucking sad that "pro players" are calling him "brainless". The FGC sucks.

Maybe NRS should just put the dash block mechanic back into the game instead...

aAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa ESPORTS!!!!!!1

RYX

BIG PUSHER
BROKESTROKE! NURFZ!

It is pretty fucking sad that "pro players" are calling him "brainless". The FGC sucks.

Maybe NRS should just put the dash block mechanic back into the game instead...

aAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa ESPORTS!!!!!!1
I don't mind the dash block because you're going to get fucking thrown out anyway. What I want is some better god-damned walk speeds.

this happens every game ever; good zoning character = brainless, despite on day 1 they have fairly easy patterns to decipher and really it's their fault for sucking.

GNG Iniquity

I don't mind the dash block because you're going to get fucking thrown out anyway. What I want is some better god-damned walk speeds.

this happens every game ever; good zoning character = brainless, despite on day 1 they have fairly easy patterns to decipher and really it's their fault for sucking.
Become one with the "brainless". Enjoy their salty tears. Savor them.

"That's right, bitch. I didn't use my brain. You lost. Battle of wits and you lost to somebody that didn't even use their brain. How you like them apples?!" It's what I do with Bison.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Become one with the "brainless". Enjoy their salty tears. Savor them.

"That's right, bitch. I didn't use my brain. You lost. Battle of wits and you lost to somebody that didn't even use their brain. How you like them apples?!" It's what I do with Bison.
I only got to play once online but I lost to Green Arrow. I learned how hard it is to play with 5 people talking and shouting in both ears... ;_;

GNG Iniquity

I only got to play once online but I lost to Green Arrow. I learned how hard it is to play with 5 people talking and shouting in both ears... ;_;
"aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ESPORTS!!!!!1111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!"

Reactions: RYX

Wedge

The Terminator
I don't understand how people are calling Deathstroke brainless when you've got Sinestro and Lantern's rain of BS everywhere. Can't beat that stuff with Slade. Plus, you can't just throw out gunshots. You're gonna get hit and eat some ridiculous stage combo.

That being said, I'm loving Deathstroke's zoning game. I'm coming from a Marvel background (although I did have some MK9 experience as a Noob player) so I was thrilled when I found out that Slade had low, standing, and jumping guns like Wade. Although I find myself approaching the more I play matches; Slade's rushdown game isn't too shabby either.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You need to come to TYM more, Wedge. I'll teach you the most important lessons right now;
1.) Anything that you can't beat or figure out should be labeled as brain dead and cheap. It's not you, it's the game that sucks.
2.) If you lose to anyone, then it was either spam, lag, or both. Always be sure to mention this while playing anybody.
3.) If you lose to a tactic that you deem cheap (see #1) and then use that tactic to win, it's okay.

Have fun. :)

GNG Iniquity

"OMG BIPSON'S SO BRAINLESS WITH LIGHT SCISSOR KICK SPAM! I'M GONNA PICK FREEYU AND SPAM DP INTO ULTRA 1! I NOT DUMB; HE DUMB. FUCKIN' BIPSON. CHEEP FGGT!"

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Deathstroke is sick!

Sword flip is your go to anti air. Beats literally every jump-in; no one is jumping in on DS. He has some others like down 2 but in all honesty, this does the job perfectly so far - stupidly large hit box, active immediately and for a long duration, travels across the screen, beats x-ups and it hits overhead!. Oh and it goes through GL's down,back 1 special throw. He can do it late, he can do it early - this move is friggin awesome! It has one downside and that is no ( or very little) invulnerability on the last and final part of the move - so it can be beaten very late by some jump ins (so what?!) and GL can down, back, 1 special throw you at that particular point too. Oh and to those complaining about it unsafe on block - it's not a pressure tool, it's a fucking great anti air!

Sword spin is not however a good anti air as he is vulnerable from top half (jump ins will beat this clean). It is a good poke though and again like above, the duration is quite long so you have a long window of opportunity. Unfortunately it doesn't do much damage and I'm not sure if you can combo after. Still it's good if someone tries to rush DS as it keeps him stationary, allowing you to reset the spacing game (that's why you'd use this instead of Sword Flip)

Speaking of spacing: I'm currently staying 3 character spaces away (so I'm in range for Sword Flip to hit perfectly) and it works wonders. If you score a knockdown at this range, standing or low quick fire is excellent for adding on extra damage and pressure (this is especially useful after a throw, and thus allows you to regain your spacing fairly quickly). Assault rifle is unsafe at this range but it doesn't matter; you've got quick fire which is the safer option. So DS' optimal spacing is 3 character spaces apart from opponent.

I love this guy so much. I fear he will get another nerf though. That Sword Flip is too good, I'm surprised there aren't more complaints about it.

Gonna start uploading some videos soon. Maybe today.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sword spin appears to be neutral on hit on a standing opponent, might be slightly different when done to an opponent in the air.

Looks like its slight minus on block but not punishable by any 6 frame moves, so safe against everything except superman's reversal super.

Also, lol @ the comparisons to Kano. He never had any mid hitting zoning.

Reactions: RYX
Is sword flip safe on block if you do it from the right distance? i know pointblack is moronic. but what about the other distances? Not sure if it matters or if someone tested this out. Thanks.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
Deathstroke is only my alt but i hope he doesn't get nerfed. He loses to other zoners through damage output a lot. He controls space well but hasn't seemed op at any point to me.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I've stopped using Deathstroke's Assault Rifle entirely. I did some testing, and his pistols do 3% chip (5%-6% with meter), while AR only does about 1% (2% with meter). The pistols are about twice as fast as the AR, both on start-up and recovery. Most people are learning to block the AR standing so that they also block the overhead grenade. As it stands, there is literally no reason to use the AR. Low Shot, Gun Shot, and Air Shot are all you need to zone effectively with Deathstroke.