What's new

"House Divided" speech. Can we stop this madness of region hate?

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
I would listen to @DarthArma

Arma is doing his best to save you from my version of hype.
Because a storm is coming. And I've let some things go on for too long, out of kindness.

So I 100% support him on letting bygones be bygones

"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness.
I'm kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me...
...weak is not what you are going to remember about me."
- Al Capone

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I was coming in to make the obligatory "Ain't this some West Coast bullshit" comment, but people are getting real. Honestly, never got the EC vs WC mentality, we aren't fucking gangsters (I've rolled with a few, I know from experience). Did some shit go down years ago? Tupac and Biggy get into their shit at a MK tourney?
what I hate most about the biggie tupac feud is that there was nobody from the midwest I could rep :( lol

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
It's funny how history repeats itself. The regions were acting like this in mk9 at this point. If the pattern continues mlg will end it when players from each region spend time together playing and the level of respect grows. We'll see.

It's not just Big E. I do not trust KN tournaments, both to be run well and to give me a fair shake. How can I when it's obvious they have a very serious problem with me? I'm not saying I blame them since I am so critical of them, but it's definitely a pit of resentment and bitterness at this point..
I have a very serious problem when you call those out for no reason. KN has worked very hard to make every east coast tournament as hype and as well run as possible. You have shit on KN for long time. You act like we owe you something. We have treated every player with respect and decency because Idk about you but I want to run the best tournaments possible. Have we had hiccups? Yes, ask P2W about my fuck ups. But we make mistakes and move on to better things. You say you are critical but you don't offer anything to be better. You don't want to help the cause you just want to run your mouth. You again shit on events you never go to. You may not be liked. But there will always be professional courtesy in any East Coast Tournament.

Your issue with Big E is between you and him. Don't take it out on the rest of us when we only want whats best.

After all that is said. I would love to move on and make every tournament great and bring hype. Not that it means much but My full support will go to anyone who wants it

I would be interested in reading your OP if it was readable. Right now it's just a clusterfuck of bold statements.

edit: Ok I just read the TL;DR version. Wasn't sure what it was about until I read what 16-Bit had to say about Big E and Pig.

Last edited:

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I was coming in to make the obligatory "Ain't this some West Coast bullshit" comment, but people are getting real. Honestly, never got the EC vs WC mentality, we aren't fucking gangsters (I've rolled with a few, I know from experience). Did some shit go down years ago? Tupac and Biggy get into their shit at a MK tourney?
"We gotta start makin' nerfs and changes" -Tupac

Ive been following this for the past year and a half or so and ive noticed the hostility between west and east coast. What started it? Is a natural east vs west rivalry or did a west or east coast player do something to initiate all of the hostility?

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
as it's been brought up before, a there have been a lot of events there that haven't gone smoothly and thats totally okay. its important that you talk to TOs about what went wrong and let them know that you want to work with them to create the best event possible, for not only the players, but the TOs, the spectators and whatever other parties may be involved. however, it is really important that we come up with better methods of conflict resolution, because honestly, from what i've seen in my time involved with this community, our methods of conflict resolution are absolutely atrocious and it's really no wonder that TOs don't like some of you guys. people who speak up for the community need to get their points across without being an asshole and talk to TOs directly THE MOMENT SOMETHING HAPPENS. and im not talking about dudes running the brackets, i mean the main guy, whether its, Big E, LI Joe/SweetJohnnyCage, Keits, Jebailey, ShinBlanka or whatever. the worst thign you can possibly do is say nothing and then pop off on the internet after the event badmouthing them and their event staff. not only does the whole pop off thing give them the vibe that you are actually a huge asshole, but the fact that it was done after the event gave them no opportunities to help out during the event.

i have worked with Big E as part of Avylon running SC brackets as well as DOA and KI. i can definitely vouch that the man is more for the players than anything. but if you're going to pop off on the internet before anything he's most likely going to take it personally and not want to talk to you, which i dont think is unreasonable at all because i probably would to.

also stop complaining that your pools are too hard. thats just silly. if you're going to a tournament with the intentions to win/place it shouldn't matter who you're playing against because you're good enough to win anyway. you'd just play them later in the bracket.

I really have to start going to ATL to their weekly to become part of a region. It sucks being so involved into a community from the outside.
Now, if only the government would let me get a driver's license :(

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I really have to start going to ATL to their weekly to become part of a region. It sucks being so involved into a community from the outside.
Now, if only the government would let me get a driver's license :(

idk how spread out atl peoples are but it wont hurt to ask someone for a ride

pherleece

Woolay
@AVN PTH jonnitti
People go to buisnesses and events all the time and then go on the internet and complain. Those reviews are useful, how is this so different? Yes people can go and talk to the owners to help solve problems but it's not up to the consumer to fix these things. They usually go complain on the internet and the businesses use the feedback to help them improve.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
@AVN PTH jonnitti
People go to buisnesses and events all the time and then go on the internet and complain. Those reviews are useful, how is this so different? Yes people can go and talk to the owners to help solve problems but it's not up to the consumer to fix these things. They usually go complain on the internet and the businesses use the feedback to help them improve.
complaining on the internet isn't really so much the issue. sure its way better to settle things in person while they happen, after all, their job is to run the best event possible and with 500-1200 people at the event (pulling numbers out of my ass), there will definitely be a few thigns that will go under the radar. however, the main issue is popping off and sounding like an asshole. that will get you nowhere and just get people angry. there are ways to show that you are dissatisfied without being an asshole. avoid using terms like "scumbag" or "'greedy" before getting the other side of the story. you can just be like "hey (insert TO's name here), during your event (insert issue here) happened and this is how it makes me feel. i wanted to bring this to your attention because it effected my experience at your event."

@GGA 16 Bit you know as well as anyone the importance of tournament attendance in keeping a game relevant. You should be careful in weighing the importance of your pride with the support of your game. Is it simply personal vendettas that inhibit your support? If so, it may be unfortunate in looking back after this game has come and gone and attributing it's demise with such reasons. But then again maybe pride and ego are more important in your overall happiness (I don't see anything particularly wrong with that).

I'm certainly not going to disagree with protest by vote of ones wallet, it's sometimes the only way to be heard when other avenues of protest are falling upon deaf ears. But consider how that protest may effect more than just the east coast.

Food for thought.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@GGA 16 Bit you know as well as anyone the importance of tournament attendance in keeping a game relevant. You should be careful in weighing the importance of your pride with the support of your game. Is it simply personal vendettas that inhibit your support? If so, it may be unfortunate in looking back after this game has come and gone and attributing it's demise with such reasons. But then again maybe pride and ego are more important in your overall happiness (I don't see anything particularly wrong with that).

I'm certainly not going to disagree with protest by vote of ones wallet, it's sometimes the only way to be heard when other avenues of protest are falling upon deaf ears. But consider how that protest may effect more than just the east coast.

Food for thought.

This is a good point but what am I supposed to do? Spend money going to tournaments that I don't think would be organized we or I'd be given a fair chance? If some there have their way I won't even be allowed to lol.

It's not just me man. I know many players that went to FR that won't go back. Some of them tried to speak up in a less loud mouth way than me or Pig and they were ignored.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Ive been following this for the past year and a half or so and ive noticed the hostility between west and east coast. What started it? Is a natural east vs west rivalry or did a west or east coast player do something to initiate all of the hostility?
East Coast talks a lot of trash about West Coast, and there's a huge bias on this site for East Coast stuff.

I actually can't even remember a time when a West Coast player talked shit on the entire East Coast...

Any problems with TO's or how a tournament is ran should be discussed directly with the TO's themeselves in the future. However people keep saying that X people try their very best to make a tournament go well, so you shouldnt complain are just talking bs. You pay a lot fo money to go to tournaments and you pay a venue and or participation fee, so people get paid to do their jobs.

When I buy a product from a store, let's say a ps3, the ps3 has malfunctions and can't go online and can't download anything from the PSN store. When you go back to the store to get this problem fixed, do you think anyone you yourself or anyone would accept an excuse like: im sorry we tried our best to make the thing work.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
We play video games for fun guys. Get a grip and quit acting like children.