What's new

"House Divided" speech. Can we stop this madness of region hate?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
There is a difference between conflict and hype. The scenes being against each other can be okay to some extent. But if it goes too far our community is going to start breaking apart. And if its too late there wont be much we can do. Some people are saying ill just wait til MK 10 but if nothing is done now things will keep getting worse with each game.

Also i find it funny how most of the people who like the conflict don't even actually play the game and just sit at home on their computers trying to instigate shit. And they get their enjoyment from doing it. The sad thing is it works.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
There is a difference between conflict and hype. The scenes being against each other can be okay to some extent. But if it goes too far our community is going to start breaking apart. And if its too late there wont be much we can do. Some people are saying ill just wait til MK 10 but if nothing is done now things will keep getting worse with each game.

Also i find it funny how most of the people who like the conflict don't even actually play the game and just sit at home on their computers trying to instigate shit. And they get their enjoyment from doing it. The sad thing is it works.
But but but Its Hype brah:DOGE

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Little people with tiny minds. It's not east coast to west coast. Do you REALLY think that's your ONLY competition? There are people in OTHER countries who travel to America to whoop you. We are a GLOBAL kommunity.

Look guys, in plain english,

1) not here to install a new "new leaf" policy

2) I don't hate hype or rivalry

3) This hate has gotten to the point where key members of the community have made a campaign against a region and stopped supporting its tournaments.

4) What good are rivalries if regions decide not to show up somewhere?

5) By not moving past these events that has happened, and by calling each other names and tarnishing each other's name and reputation, we are going to divide our amazing resources until our dreams and hopes come crashing down.

6) We need to Unite again (this doesnt mean kiss each others ass's or say EVERYONE's the BEST! this means to support each other's scenes. )

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
The real problem here is the lack of respect players have for each other. Most players seem to only respect the people they play with often and think of people who may be outside of their circle as worse than them and there friends with the exception of players who constantly place high at tournaments.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
3) This hate has gotten to the point where key members of the community have made a campaign against a region and stopped supporting its tournaments.

Here's the thing(and I think Pig would agree).

My problem with East Coast tournaments cannot simply be forgotten. It's not just something we can move past. It's IMO fundamental problems with them. I cannot support them when the TO's don't even think there's a problem and I do not get an impression I'm even wanted there. There seems to be this narrative building that I hate EC as a whole. There's hella EC players I like. I mean I'm assuming you aren't happy with me after FR yet if you came to Chicago and needed a place to stay I'd welcome you into my home. The point is, I get that you want peace, but I don't think the guys running EC want peace so it's not going to happen. Like Big E was literally just on Facebook antagonizing Pig and I. The biggest TO on the EC is feuding with players. That's not something we can reasonably look past and support lol.

My problem with East Coast tournaments cannot simply be forgotten. It's not just something we can move past. It's IMO fundamental problems with them. I cannot support them when the TO's don't even think there's a problem and I do not get an impression I'm even wanted there. There seems to be this narrative building that I hate EC as a whole. There's hella EC players I like. I mean I'm assuming you aren't happy with me after FR yet if you came to Chicago and needed a place to stay I'd welcome you into my home. The point is, I get that you want peace, but I don't think the guys running EC want peace so it's not going to happen. Like Big E was literally just on Facebook antagonizing Pig and I. The biggest TO on the EC is feuding with players. That's not something we can reasonably look past and support lol.
You have a very valid point, but the problems you've had with the tournament fell on the east coast. I don't have a problem with you, or pig. As I said in the OP, these T.O.'s need to admit that they did something wrong. I am also not for antagonizing players on facebook. So you're telling me your only issue and the only thing that is stopping you from supporting our scene, thus even causing damage on it is Eric "Big E" Small?

What would it take to move past this, give me a situation that can exist where we can move on and help our scene grow as a whole, not just exclude acknowledgment of certain regions and tournaments.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Sometimes I don't think people realize the effects they have on their scenes, though. It's gotten to the point where guys who weren't even involved are accusing other guys that weren't involved of things simply because they live in a certain area.

If we're going to fix problems then we need to do it as a whole -- not with guys firing shots at people who are actually trying to help the situation, based only their zip code.

Even if you're not doing it directly, it's definitely rubbed off and I don't think a lot of these people actually understand what's going on.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.

I think BigE tends to get pissed because people don't come to him with problems, but then blame him for those problems when they don't get fixed. That said, he doesn't handle himself well in the aftermath either. Nor do many of the players.
Best thing for the scene as a whole is to stop the stupid internet back-and-forth crap, put things on the table, and get things fixed so we can move on.
Beyond that, there is more to the EC than BigE.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You have a very valid point, but the problems you've had with the tournament fell on the east coast. I don't have a problem with you, or pig. As I said in the OP, these T.O.'s need to admit that they did something wrong. I am also not for antagonizing players on facebook. So you're telling me your only issue and the only thing that is stopping you from supporting our scene, thus even causing damage on it is Eric "Big E" Small?

What would it take to move past this, give me a situation that can exist where we can move on and help our scene grow as a whole, not just exclude acknowledgment of certain regions and tournaments.

It's not just Big E. I do not trust KN tournaments, both to be run well and to give me a fair shake. How can I when it's obvious they have a very serious problem with me? I'm not saying I blame them since I am so critical of them, but it's definitely a pit of resentment and bitterness at this point.

It would take a lot. Time. New staff or at least the current staff acknowledging issues and making real changes to fix them. Several tournaments to go well. Let's say KN, Big E and these groups came forward tomorrow and talked out issues that I have. They offered solutions. Then they ran tournaments for the rest of 2014 and there weren't many issues(No one is perfect, I am reasonable). Then I'd seriously think about it. Like right now there's literally rumors Pig and I are going to be banned from these events. There's a looooong way to go for me to support them.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think BigE tends to get pissed because people don't come to him with problems, but then blame him for those problems when they don't get fixed. That said, he doesn't handle himself well in the aftermath either. Nor do many of the players.
Best thing for the scene as a whole is to stop the stupid internet back-and-forth crap, put things on the table, and get things fixed so we can move on.
Beyond that, there is more to the EC than BigE.

Yeah, Big E blew Pig and I up for not talking to him or shinblanka in person. Pig HAS talked to Shinblanka in person but it's true I haven't. So after I saw his FB post I messaged him and said I'm down. It's a fair point, so let's talk. I offered to talk to him online or at the next tournament we're at. He wasn't interested. AT ALL. He couldn't have been more clear that while he says he wishes we talked to him in person he actually has no intentions of talking to us.

It's not just Big E. I do not trust KN tournaments, both to be run well and to give me a fair shake. How can I when it's obvious they have a very serious problem with me? I'm not saying I blame them since I am so critical of them, but it's definitely a pit of resentment and bitterness at this point.

It would take a lot. Time. New staff or at least the current staff acknowledging issues and making real changes to fix them. Several tournaments to go well. Let's say KN, Big E and these groups came forward tomorrow and talked out issues that I have. They offered solutions. Then they ran tournaments for the rest of 2014 and there weren't many issues(No one is perfect, I am reasonable). Then I'd seriously think about it. Like right now there's literally rumors Pig and I are going to be banned from these events. There's a looooong way to go for me to support them.
Thanks for putting that out there. I appreciate it. It's at least one (hopefully big) step further away from leaving this region issue in total darkness.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Yeah, Big E blew Pig and I up for not talking to him or shinblanka in person. Pig HAS talked to Shinblanka in person but it's true I haven't. So after I saw his FB post I messaged him and said I'm down. It's a fair point, so let's talk. I offered to talk to him online or at the next tournament we're at. He wasn't interested. AT ALL. He couldn't have been more clear that while he says he wishes we talked to him in person he actually has no intentions of talking to us.
Yeah, he seems to want people to tell him about issues that are being had beforehand, but when people want to talk about issues that they had in hindsight, he gets a bit too defensive about it and shuts people out. Both he and some of the people that are going back and forth with him need to take a step back and just listen to each other some more.
Regarding KN... I dunno man, I have seen plenty of non-KN streams in other regions that have had suspect connections and are super choppy or had to resort to enlisting someone's help to get the stream up at all. Sure, KN had problems a few times consecutively, but they also have done right by the community for a long time as well, and that needs to be kept in mind. Also, I'm fairly confident that you would get a fair shake were you to attend a KN event. These aren't spiteful people, they just take offense to people overly criticizing their efforts when not everything is in their control. Come on now... Shock telling Carl to fuck off was hilarious :p. But I understand that hitting these things up costs a good chunk of money and you aren't willing to spend it when you have such hang-ups. I just hope everyone can calm down and have a more productive discussion before shit gets any more out of hand. It's not good for anyone.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I was coming in to make the obligatory "Ain't this some West Coast bullshit" comment, but people are getting real. Honestly, never got the EC vs WC mentality, we aren't fucking gangsters (I've rolled with a few, I know from experience). Did some shit go down years ago? Tupac and Biggy get into their shit at a MK tourney?