Votes: 71 23.0%
  • Nope... still searching.

Votes: 78 25.2%
  • No and I could use some help picking.

Votes: 45 14.6%

• Total voters

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Decided I'm just gonna deal with how clumsy I feel with Ermac and adapt to it. I never played injustice, but Ermac in MKX plays unlike any character I've ever played from any fighting game (including MK9 Ermac).

I'm still having a bit of trouble. I've narrowed it down to Takeda (Shirai Ryu), Kung Lao (Buzz saw), Erron Black (any variation), Kenshi (any variation), and Raiden (Displacer).

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Kano all variations. My other 4-6 I'm still working on but I'm loving practice mode spending my vacation playing MKX.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Decided I'm just gonna deal with how clumsy I feel with Ermac and adapt to it. I never played injustice, but Ermac in MKX plays unlike any character I've ever played from any fighting game (including MK9 Ermac).
I haven't properly tried him myself yet but his Mystic variation seems quite straight-forward and somewhat similar to MK9. I'd stay away from Spectral though. I don't think that variation is for normal people, only super hardcore.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Quan Chi. Warlock.

But I'm struggling.

I have some combos, but sometimes they don't come out (delay) and I would like some tech advice and strategy.

Help?

;)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I used Jax quite a bit in MK9, but MKX Jax has stolen my heart. I've been on a rampage online with him since release.

I planned to use them since before release and the little of them I played has me happy with my choices: Jacqui, Kotal, Goro

I haven't gotten around to trying anyone else outside of story yet.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I haven't properly tried him myself yet but his Mystic variation seems quite straight-forward and somewhat similar to MK9. I'd stay away from Spectral though. I don't think that variation is for normal people, only super hardcore.
Yeah, in theory Mystic plays like MK9 Ermac but it feels so different. Even the visual differences like the floating instead of standing throw me off. I'm getting better but if I'm struggling with a battle I have an easier time using Mileena.

Hades

Noob
I'm liu kang he just plays perfectly for me and i'm getting used to the movement finally probably going to end up maining him or kenshi

Narrowed it down to Cassie Cage or Sub Zero. Although either way im going to have to work on my anti-zoning game before I can compete on any level.

Im probably gonna main Sub Zero and Black. At least until they introcude Kabal, Noob, Smoke, Rain, Cyrax and Sektor into the game! Which is 99% never

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Kitana and Shinnok are so far my favs. I like their playstyles, their looks, everything. I wanted to like Mileena more than I do. Maybe she'll come around. I also do really like Sub Zero this time around more than ever before but everyone plays as him so I don't really intend on maining him. LOVE his revenant outfit.

Ex1l3d

Noob
I'm trying to choose between Scorpion and Sub-zero.

What are the str/weaknesses of each character. I've not played them much yet but it seems like sub-zero is more tactical whereas scorpion is raw speed.

Note: I'm a noob at fighting games - this is the first one I actually want to play seriously and online! Nevertheless, I want to start learning about frames and all the fightergame lingo

Ok my main is jax pupmed up and sometimes wrestler, what do u guys think i shpuld choose as my second considering jax is rushdown char cab shinnok take second place or jacquie?

i dont get how i hated Milenna in MK9 but really really like her in MK X(at least the piercing variant)
I felt the same way. For me, it's the movement. I didn't like her movement in MK9 and usually played fast moving characters. Now that the movement is so fucking fluid, I enjoy her a LOT. I really wanted to main a new character but Mileena is really doing it for me. Her design is badass, she has cool moves, and she's just cool. I think I'll have a few others in my pocket though.

I felt the same way. For me, it's the movement. I didn't like her movement in MK9 and usually played fast moving characters. Now that the movement is so fucking fluid, I enjoy her a LOT. I really wanted to main a new character but Mileena is really doing it for me. Her design is badass, she has cool moves, and she's just cool. I think I'll have a few others in my pocket though.
thank you for the reply i think this may be it though to be honest i have only tried her piercing variation, she isnt the fastest character in the game but i think she is fast enough and just feels much better than in MK9, i should try the other variations but i am trying every character before i really worried about variations

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Yeah, in theory Mystic plays like MK9 Ermac but it feels so different. Even the visual differences like the floating instead of standing throw me off. I'm getting better but if I'm struggling with a battle I have an easier time using Mileena.
If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. I've already given up on all 3 of Quan Chi's variations and he is my favorite.

Bronson

Noob
I was maiming Ermac as I usually do. I like both Mystic and MoS And trade off regularly depending how I feel. But.... I'm getting my ass fed to me lately so I'm playing around with a few others. I will always keep playing Ermac but it's a new game with plenty to learn and try.