Votes: 71 23.0%
  • Nope... still searching.

Votes: 78 25.2%
  • No and I could use some help picking.

Votes: 45 14.6%

• Total voters

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I'm waiting for REO and Tom Brady's first tier list to pick my main! ;) Sarcasm*

I got it down to a few, but I'm having so much fun its tough to fully test each character before getting lost for hours to having a blast playing the game.

D

Deleted member 9158

I have been dabbling with Piercing Mileena and Warlock Quan-cheezy. Not too sure about Quan this time around. I like to play a bait/whiff punish kind of game. If anyone has any suggestions on who to try, i'm all ears

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I know my Ideal character. Has to have 50/50 starters and can zone a bit... I like a character who can punish from full screen and is somewhat of an anti zoner... I have my eyes on Mileena and erron black but Im not sure if Im to lab it out with just those two... HELP PLEASE...
Takeda

Somnuse

Noob
I mained Smoke in mk9, still looking for a main. I really want Tremor, but I'm using Scorpion until he's released.

NHDR

Noob
I'm learning Kano (Cybernetic) and Kenshi (Balanced) at the same time. First MK I'm really putting time in.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I'm pretty sure I will be co-maining War God Kotal Kahn and Necromancer Shinnok. My long term goal (very long term) is to master all 3 variations of both characters, but that is probably unrealistic.

My plan coming into MKX was to play one zoner and one brute. When I first learned of Goro being playable, I was very interested in him being my brute. But, thus far, I have found Goro to be very meh. I'm much more impressed by Kotal Kahn's potential for godlike footsies and mixups in War God and raw damage output in Blood God than anything Goro has to offer. It's still early, though. We'll see. And regardless of what happens, I am definitely checking Jason out when he drops.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Still looking for a main since Rain isn't there. Ive been playing a lot of Quan Chi (Summoner), will give Sub-Zero (Grandmaster) a try.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Been playing Ferra/Torr Vicious since the game started installing. This is easily one of my favorite fighting game characters now. Kinda dabbling with Sun God Kotal but that's only with friends so far.

Tyrlix

Noob
I loved how Scorpion and Quan Chi worked in MK9. Some high risk - high reward and good 50/50 game in the mid range. Some characters that I absolutely hated in MK9 due to their looks (Mileena and Kitana) and now I like them. D'vorah annoys me so much when she constantly blabbers "This one *do this and that*"

There are few characters and variations that I liked and I was planning to use them, but haven't tested all of them yet.

- Ethereal Mileena
* I like how the sai teleport works out
* A high risk - high reward character?
* My fingers aren't made for using a lot of 3 and 4

- Assassin Kitana
* Haven't tried out yet

- Hellfire Scorpion
* I like the idea of the tick damage
* My favorite character in the series
* The improvements to telepunch <3
* Point blank spears <3 "GET OVER HERE!" "I'm already standing next to you. Geez, no need to shout."
* RIP B2 launcher from MK9

- Broodmother D'vorah
* Haven't tested yet
* This one is getting annoyed

- Warlock Quan Chi
* Haven't tested out yet
* Shared place as my favorite character in the series.
* Does he still have insane mix strings?
* WOOLAY!

Long story short: I would prefer characters that excel in medium range, with good 50/50 or some nasty mind games. So - "No and I could use some help picking."

EDIT: This one forgot to ask for help.

Considering the 26 playable characters that you have to pick from, PLUS the three variations to each character... it may be very difficult to actually pick a main character. For me for example, I started playing with Mileena, but I also really like Sub-Zero... and what about Shinnok? But again, then you got the variations to pick from *screams like a girl*... Well, it's a good problem to have.

However, if you're reading this we'd like to hear from you. Have you picked your main character yet? Which variation are you using? Or... are you having trouble? Do you need someone to help you pick a main?

Vote below!
I'm also in the same boat you're in I wanted to main Cassie Cage before the game came out I love all of the 50/50s with spec ops but I also love playing with Kitana and all her variations are amazing so same with D Vorah :(

TemperingMoon

I Am The White Wolf
I chose Kenshi. As far as variation...I'm starting with "Balanced" but will eventually hit the lab hard to learn all three. I don't want to waste to much time on who I want to choose as far as character....As opposed to completely learning the variations of the character that chose me. Those that understand this know what I'm saying.

i dont know why but i like D'vorah, Mileena(didnt like her in 9) and Cassie Cage, i dont know if these characters have anything in common but they are all so much fun to use then again Cage makes sense since in MK9 i liked Sonya Blade the most

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Gunslinger Erron all day. I think there is a lot to be discovered. I haven't even touched the other variations yet because it seems everyone else is putting a lot of time with outlaw and marksman. I feel everyone will have a pocket outlaw Erron in the future pending he gets nerfed out in the future. Will for sure work on sub zero in the future, my longtime go to character.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Im really trying to pick up a main but for me its nearly impossible. The variation system only makes it worse. So far I tried Subby, Kenshi, Kano + Takeda and enjoy each one of them in some way. Any help guys?

Shady

Noob
As a Kabal main in MK9, I hated the fact that I had to choose another main. Trifling. Honestly though, the moment I saw Cassie's moveset and design, I kind of got sold. TBH, while in MK9 I had Kabal and in MKX I'm all Cassie, this game character design is soo good that I will end up trying almost everyone at some point.