Votes: 71 23.0%
  • Nope... still searching.

Votes: 78 25.2%
  • No and I could use some help picking.

Votes: 45 14.6%

• Total voters

Bronson

Noob
I mained Ermac and Smoke in MK9, but I'm struggling to find a new main for MKX. Ermac, in this game, just feels... I dunno, off. He seems clumsy, though it's probably just me. I haven't been able to get used to timing strings between TK moves. Ethereal and Piercing Mileena have been my go to variations so far. Ethereal seems to be most akin to MK9 Smoke playstyle, but I love the Piercing strings.
Oh I know your pain with Ermac. You take him online and drop more combos than you finish. He is fun to use but kinda clunky and his normals feel slow by comparison to much of the cast. Maybe that's just me. Love him offline but he is tricky online

thank you for the reply i think this may be it though to be honest i have only tried her piercing variation, she isnt the fastest character in the game but i think she is fast enough and just feels much better than in MK9, i should try the other variations but i am trying every character before i really worried about variations
Yeah, you're right. I find that her mobility makes up for her movement though. Kitana is REALLY good too. Some guy kicked the living shit out of me with her the other day. He whipped my ass so bad that I invited him to train.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I planned on playing Jacqui but after trying everyone so far I'm in a heavy debate between Takeda (Shirai) and D'vorah (Swarm Queen)
Takeda's flash and all and pretty fun to play damage wise he actually seems fairly balanced.
As for D'vorah I find her also fun to play, she can ditch out some gruesome damage too.
A big difference between the 2 is the anti zoning, Takeda has more at his disposal, D'vorah doesn't have much.

Kano i also find fun to play, but my main debate is between D'vorah and Takeda, though executing Takeda's combo's online with the current issues that I'm having (netcode) seems harder than doing D'vorahs

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. I've already given up on all 3 of Quan Chi's variations and he is my favorite.
I'm an MK fan before I'm a fighting game fan. I don't care about football but not maining one of my favorite characters feels like being a Seahawks fan but becoming a Patriots fan just because they won the Super Bowl haha. I actually got down some pretty swaggy combos in training but I don't think my Ermac will be seeing much online play. Mileena as a co main seems logical since she covers a lot of his weaknesses.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
I'm an MK fan before I'm a fighting game fan. I don't care about football but not maining one of my favorite characters feels like being a Seahawks fan but becoming a Patriots fan just because they won the Super Bowl haha. I actually got down some pretty swaggy combos in training but I don't think my Ermac will be seeing much online play. Mileena as a co main seems logical since she covers a lot of his weaknesses.
Well I'm still playing characters I like - Scorpion and Raiden. But to be honest I take a more simplistic view of things. If playing a character doesn't feel right because the play style doesn't suit me, I believe in dropping that character rather than forcing myself through hell. It has nothing to do with changing support in favor of someone that is doing well now. I always ignore tiers when choosing characters.

I'm also very much a MK fan rather than fighting game fan although I do play SF or KOF occasionally. MK is definitely my game and I started with it all the way back from MK1 when I was a kid.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Well, I had a list of characters that I wanted to try out before the game came out (Ferr Torr,Mileena,Shinnok,Tremor) but a week before the game came out I had a feeling that Kotal Kahn is my character. Now that I have played the game I have decided to main Kotal Kahn in all variations.

However I also really like Ferra Torr. So I might end up playing some Ferra Torr too down the line minus the Lackey variation because Ferra Torr without Ferra just isn't the same for me.

Slick Tony

GT: TheSlickTony - PSN: TH3_AUR3L1U5
Even though I am trying to learn Johnny Cage and Liu Kang as well, I think Cryomancer Sub-Zero is my main. His move set just gels so well with my play style. From his high-low mix-ups, to the fact you can deal a good amount of damage without needing amazing execution. I am having a lot of fun using him. The fact I have a 24-2 record with him does not hurt either.:p