Votes: 78 25.2%
  • No and I could use some help picking.

Votes: 45 14.6%

• Total voters

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Considering the 26 playable characters that you have to pick from, PLUS the three variations to each character... it may be very difficult to actually pick a main character. For me for example, I started playing with Mileena, but I also really like Sub-Zero... and what about Shinnok? But again, then you got the variations to pick from *screams like a girl*... Well, it's a good problem to have.

However, if you're reading this we'd like to hear from you. Have you picked your main character yet? Which variation are you using? Or... are you having trouble? Do you need someone to help you pick a main?

Vote below!

Attachments

Audit

Falls down too much
I find I can't pick a main until I play against that character and see it from the opponent's perspective. Though I have to say I'm playing an awful lot of Lackey Torr for saying I don't have a main...

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I have come to terms that I wont be decent at this game for a while, so I will take my time learning each character. Will try to learn the system mechanic's with one character and then slowly go through the cast looking for a playstyle I like that gives me the most options in terms footsies/mobility/pressure.

Hades

Noob
I've gone through a few chracters so far and think liu kang suits my play style the most. Still not 100% sure though. I'm really struggling with the movement of this games so far though, cant seem to get used to the run button yet

I'm in the same boat on who to pick, yet it's early days and with extra work to be down in the next few weeks, I wont have time to practice. At the moment, I'm toying with Sub, Scorp and now Cassie but there is so much to digest, its painful:)

I used to have a rule of 4 solid months with a character, which at that point, I could hold my own and play at a decent level, but with this it's gonna take a year..lol!

Zyos

Zyos aka Mr Mix ya Girl
The problem im seeing is alot of the cast have a very obvious variation that is just better, i don't mean a "kabal" better one just a one that works better overall, i may be alone in this thought process but its my opinion

reptar

Noob
One character, at the moment one variation.. before MK came out, I had a dream/daydream (cant remember which, maybe half awake) about blowing people up with demo Sonya. It was a SIGN! She was then the first character I played around with and the one that stuck in my head the most, so I just went with her.

So far I'm "maining" Liu and Quan and plan on sticking with them for the long run. That said, I've been using an awful lot of Necromancer Shinnok.

Imposter Shinnok and Outlaw Erron Black for me. I don't know if I like marksman yet, haven't tried it much but gunslinger is fun to use and you get a kickass hat. I might learn boneshaper shinnok today as well

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I honestly don't like any of the characters or any of their variations. It sucks. I mained Freddy in mk9 and it was amazing. But nobody in this game has near the zoning game Freddy did. It makes me not want to play

beep_ima_sheep

RIP Smoke
I've been using Ninjutsu Scorpion a bit just because it's so easy to pick him up from MK9, but I've focused on Sub Zero the most. I want to try Unbreakable but I just feel so naked without the clone in Grandmaster, and I can't seem to justify the extra damage in Cryomancer over not having his strong defensive tools like the aura, parry, or (mainly) the clone. Liu and Kenshi are the other two I want to focus on, but I'm not making much progress at all with them.

The grind is real, but we should all settle into place eventually