What's new

Guides For Brutalities & Krypt Items

PROKTOR

Noob
I bought out the whole krypt so maybe it did come in that way. I just know at one point i saw he had 1 unlocked brutality, and 4 locked. And then one day I throw to end a match and a Brutal happened...I go check the move list menu and now there's 6...I had probably unlocked the whole krypt before that happened.

Sorry, didnt mean to mislead anyone.
No problem man. What irks me is people claiming the correct requirements for Sonya's X-ray brutality. lol.

PROKTOR

Noob
Sonya's, done by mashing 1+2 after initiating the X-Ray as stated on the previous page.

Did this brutality many times without mashing any buttons... still unknown. have you been able to do this more than 3 times in a row? Starting to strongly believe this is a random execution, that can happen a few times in a row and when done with right timing to the opponent

Afumba

Noob
Just holding the direction i am facing before the x-ray activates seem to do the trick for me for Sonyas X-ray Brutality. (i hold it during the whole x-ray)
Checked it in single fight several times, works - no problem. Their also seem no other special requirements... even if you beat your opponent with mashing 111 and finishing with x-ray it still works with holding the direction.

Edit: One more thing - this way works only in Covert Ops for me.

Last edited:

PROKTOR

Noob
Just holding the direction i am facing before the x-ray activates seem to do the trick for me for Sonyas X-ray Brutality. (i hold it during the whole x-ray)
Checked it in single fight several times, works - no problem. Their also seem no other special requirements... even if you beat your opponent with mashing 111 and finishing with x-ray it still works with holding the direction.

I'll try it

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Did this brutality many times without mashing any buttons... still unknown. have you been able to do this more than 3 times in a row? Starting to strongly believe this is a random execution, that can happen a few times in a row and when done with right timing to the opponent

Tried it that first time and got it. Just tried it a second time using the exact same method, and nothing. Hmmm...

PROKTOR

Noob
I've encountered one brutality that I need help with. Even while trying in Kustom Kombat with Brutality and Infinite Super meter modifiers on, I cannot get this...

Jax
Ragdoll brutality
Wrestler variation
Must land all parts of Quad Grapple, Final hit must be Quad Grapple...Down, Back, Forward, 1 +Block, 2, 3, 4, 1+2+3+4 at the same time.

Anything specific on when to hit the last 4 buttons? I get all slams but that one. I did the brutality once by luck a few days ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you too need help with others, post yours.

Last edited:

PROKTOR

Noob

Still works sometimes and sometimes not... so there's still something missing. I've gotten this thing many times without holding any button or direction

PROKTOR

Noob
K so... after looking at everyone's posts throughout the thread so far we've got
Kitana and Kenshi's reflect moves confirmed to create a brutality (against certain opponents)... that's one secret one for them, and maybe their only ones?
Cassie's nutpunch is not mentioned in the move list to change just like Johnny's depending on enhance (eyeballs pop out, head can pop off). so that's technically secret.
Reptile's spit that can blow up while holding up can take off the opponent's head which is very awesome BTW... works perfectly and is secret.
Kotal Kahn's "Hara Kiri" Brutality is not technically secret since it was in the Krypt and on the list... so he doesn't have a secret one yet.
Cassie's American Way slap one hasn't been confirmed to work every time just like Sonya's X-ray Brutality... so those two need some work which I'm trying to figure out.
Goro's speed bag brutality is different in the dragon fangs variation and that isn't mentioned on the list so that could be secret.
Shinnok's Mimic one, although rumored to be a secret, is on the list so it's not a secret.
Any ones for Kano, Ferra/Torr, Kung Jin and Kotal Kahn that claim to be hidden are actually from the shrine of the dead in the Krypt....
I really want to see more of these hidden ones. It's got me very excited.

Someone please for the love of god find hidden ones for Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Mileena and Erron Black

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
Still works sometimes and sometimes not... so there's still something missing. I've gotten this thing many times without holding any button or direction
After your post i went into testing this for longer amount of time and you are right. Sorry - didnt mean to mislead anybody.
This Brutality seem awkward though. For some of the testing i just hit 111 all the time and finished with Xray. It worked 4 times in a row then the next 2 times it didnt work then it worked again 2 times....

So i tried doing just 111 and varying with health and time. Even doing just that they were still 2 outcomes for the same thing...
Example: only using 1s, not jumping, enemy at 25% health, sonya above 50% health, timer over 70seconds left... sometimes works sometimes not.
Which is extremly weird. Only thing i can imagine would make a differnce here is the number of hits you receive or hits blocked by opponent....

PROKTOR

Noob
After your post i went into testing this for longer amount of time and you are right. Sorry - didnt mean to mislead anybody.
This Brutality seem awkward though. For some of the testing i just hit 111 all the time and finished with Xray. It worked 4 times in a row then the next 2 times it didnt work then it worked again 2 times....

So i tried doing just 111 and varying with health and time. Even doing just that they were still 2 outcomes for the same thing...
Example: only using 1s, not jumping, enemy at 25% health, sonya above 50% health, timer over 70seconds left... sometimes works sometimes not.
Which is extremly weird. Only thing i can imagine would make a differnce here is the number of hits you receive or hits blocked by opponent....
I am beginning to absolutely hate the brutality only because of how difficult it is to pinpoint of course... lol. Cassie Cage's American Way doesn't work every time either for me. Here's hoping for a correct guide to all secret brutalities soon...

Last edited:
do you remember in MK9 how to figt against secret smoke ?
maybe also key "back" or what now is named we should try to perform some stage brutalities.

PROKTOR

Noob
do you remember in MK9 how to figt against secret smoke ?
maybe also key "back" or what now is named we should try to perform some stage brutalities.
Back button on playstation 4 anyway, is now the screenshot button

Last edited:

PROKTOR

Noob
I don't know if it's posted
(The Video is NOT Mine).
This one hasn't really been posted, but mentioned. Kitana can do it as well with her spin... It's very cool. Opponents projectiles that would work for a brutality, can be returned to a brutality for Kenshi. Like Reptile, Kung Jin, etc.

Mirjitsu

Noob
I made the first Kenshi video last month and have been trying all the other's listed ever since. The only thing to never work for me was Kotal's sword throw. I just hope they don't patch it out like his hilarious MK9 reflect bug.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I find it weird you guys were arguing over Sonya's 6th brutality when it's as simple as holding up during her X-Ray(if you kill with it) and nothing else.

PROKTOR

Noob
I find it weird you guys were arguing over Sonya's 6th brutality when it's as simple as holding up during her X-Ray(if you kill with it) and nothing else.
I don't know where you got the info, or how many times you truly tested with it, but that does not work. No one's arguing

Proktor - i did Sonya's x-ray brutality only in stage with portal, maybe this is clue ? or only luck/unluck ;P

backing to main topic:
i checked 2 variations (normal and ex) of cassie cage "egg smasher" on every character so results are:
- we have different colors or eye-balls (for example humans have pink, reptail have green etc.)
- kenshi have only holes no eye-bals even with variation with lighting eyes
- kano have only one eye
- quian chi - on game have 3 different eye glowing colors - but durring bruttality is only one color

Also regarding to faction kills are some differents.
For example black dragon first faction kill depends on charater have different sceleton:
- goro (4 arms)
- ferra/tor (big chest)
- reptail (teeth)
- milena (teeth)
- johny (knuckle-duster laying on ground)
unfortunately Jax have same sceleton like rest of humans.

Lokheit

Noob
It probably varies, Sub-Zero Cryomancer brutality has no "hard requeriments" (perform 6 hit combo which cold blooded already is) and it only worked after unlocking. Same as his uppercut one (freeze then uppercut, no hard requeriments) it only started working after unlock. I'm sure of that because with Cryo Subbie you almost always finish fights with wither move and currently I almost never perform fatalities because most fights end in brutality just by following the general strategy for that variation.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Could not do Shinnok's Hand Crush Brutality without unlocking it despite knowing how to do it.

Mirjitsu

Noob
Before the first patch, I could do all of Liu Kang's and Sub-Zero's brutalities and never unlocked them. Afterwards, I had to go and find all of the brutalities in the krypt that I had been recording for a week. From my experience, most if not all brutalities have to be unlocked before being able to perform them. Sub's uppercut is all the proof you need of this.

YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK THEM!!!!!!! (but you dont have to do that with fatalities )

http://www.gosunoob.com/mortal-kombat-x/mkx-chest-krypt-locations/

Use CTRL + F and type in your characters name

This is an AMAZING guide on finding exactly what you are looking for. USe the coordinates on the bottom left of your screen to find what youre looking for AFTER you are in the correct location. There are 3 main different areas. The graveyard you start in, the spider cave, and SK's tomb.

Im going through the krypt to unlock ONLY brutalities and not waste koins on other things.