What's new

Guides For Brutalities & Krypt Items

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice, I wonder if this time there will be an actual official strategy guide(if for nothing else the secret codes, krypt locations etc ) were very helpful in previous ones.

Prima isn't doing one this time so I wonder if Brady Games will or if it'll just be digital this time like with Smash bros.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Nice, I wonder if this time there will be an actual official strategy guide(if for nothing else the secret codes, krypt locations etc ) were very helpful in previous ones.

Prima isn't doing one this time so I wonder if Brady Games will or if it'll just be digital this time like with Smash bros.
Maybe they're waiting for UMKX :DOGE

Gegz

It's all in the game yo'
Bookmark too, i hope they'll find how to perform stage brutalities (Just throwing the old lady or the branch don't work)

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Has anyone been able to do any Brutalities without unlocking them first? I know this works perfectly fine with Fatalities, then they just automatically become unlocked in your list. But I tried a certain variation-specific Takeda Brutality about 5 times or so with no luck, so I decided to go get it from the Krypt, and then I tried it again and did it on the first try. I didn't change anything (that I know of) about the way I was performing it.

Then I tried a Sub-Zero one, and had the same problem. I've tried it multiple times, doing exactly what the prerequisites say, but no luck. I almost have enough Koins to go buy it, so I'm planning to test my theory again and see if it works immediately after buying it in the Krypt.

Meanwhile, any Brutalities that I already have unlocked seem to work just fine so far.

I saw one site say that it works the same as Fatalities, as I said above, but that definitely hasn't been my experience so far. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any luck with this.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
They have specific requirements like holding a direction or using stage interactables during the match. But to answer your question, I don't know if you have to unlock them first or not.

Kaernak

Noob
I have done a couple on accident without ever having been in the krypt with Kung Lao and I KNOW it isnt the pre unlocked one.

DDustiNN

They have specific requirements like holding a direction or using stage interactables during the match. But to answer your question, I don't know if you have to unlock them first or not.
Yes, I followed the proper requirements. Specifically, it was Takeda's "Two-Sided" Brutality:
- Lasher variation.
- Must presss Down,Down,Down during the final hit.
- FInal hit must be from Whip Flurry attack.

I did exactly that, half a dozen times, with zero luck. Then I unlocked it in the Krypt, tried again, and got it on my first try. Just wondering if it was user error, or if they actually do need to be unlocked first.

DDustiNN

I have done a couple on accident without ever having been in the krypt with Kung Lao and I KNOW it isnt the pre unlocked one.
Hmm well that's good news then. Maybe I was just messing up somewhere. I'll keep trying others. Thanks!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Ferra/Torr, Sub, and Shinnok have some really awesome ones.

I'm trying to unlock all of Jax's, I don't want to end every match with a fatality and i'd really hate to let my opponent's live.

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
Def. not, I think the match was one round.
I hope you are right. otherwise that would be broken! I wouldn't want to be in a touch of death combo and be killed by a fatal brutality combo ender before I would be able to come back for another round!

I remembered in the NRS brutality stream, they had some brutalities performed during the first round. But that may have just been the developer build.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Nope . . . I've done Quan Chi's Amulet Strike Brutality by accident several times in various ladder runs, and I still haven't found it in the krypt.

D

Deleted member 9158

I believe it does need to be unlocked in the krypt before you can use them.

You know, you could just pay 20$ and unlock everything in the krypt and get all the brutalities :DOGE

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I believe it does need to be unlocked in the krypt before you can use them.

You know, you could just pay 20$ and unlock everything in the krypt and get all the brutalities :DOGE
Hmmm, maybe I forgot unlocking it? LOL. I know I spent like 40,000 coins at once in one big spending spree. Maybe I just didn't notice unlocking Shinnok's. Strange.