What's new

Guides For Brutalities & Krypt Items

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I have too but only in Test Your Luck towers. There's a modifier that makes the final input the only requirement for a brutality. At least to my knowledge.
Interesting. I did mine in the traditional ladders. I think what happened to me is that I raced through the krypt rapidly clicking on things without paying careful to attention to what I was unlocking. I must have unlocked Shinnok's Amulet Strike Brutality in one of those many, frantic clicks.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
And now I'm back to having no idea, haha.

Hopefully more people chime in with their experiences.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I saw the command to Jax's ground pound brutality, did it, didn't work.

Went to the krypt to unlock it, did, it the worked.

Basically it seems faction kills and brutalities have to be manually unlocked, but fatalities don't.

I dunno......I did Ferra/Torr's second Brutality on my friend and the only thing I had unlocked out of the krypt at that point was some alternate costumes

Is it possible that characters have additional brutalities besides the ones in their move list? In Kombat Kast 8, Sonya is shown to have a Brutality that comes from her X-Ray @38:50.

But this Brutality is nowhere in her movelist. Anyone know why that is? Was it removed? Are there hidden Brutalities? What do you guys think?

Hrmmm. That IS interesting. Not to mention that we haven't really nailed down how and where to do stage brutalities, either.

Hmm, well I don't know if this is already listed somewhere, but when I was playing as Shinnok, I fought D'vorah and for the last hit of the fight, I hit her with the move that I'd stolen through mimicry and it triggered a brutality. Now, I'm not sure if it was exclusive to Shinnok's mimicry, or if D'vorah can do it too.

Johnny_C4ge

A-Lister
I talked to Carlos Pesina about this last night at GGA. I asked him if there was a stage brutality in the jungle. He smiled and said "Ryan, I cannot confirm nor deny that there is a stage brutality in the jungle..."
I told him I had heard rumors of one lol. So I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was in there.

Hmm, well I don't know if this is already listed somewhere, but when I was playing as Shinnok, I fought D'vorah and for the last hit of the fight, I hit her with the move that I'd stolen through mimicry and it triggered a brutality. Now, I'm not sure if it was exclusive to Shinnok's mimicry, or if D'vorah can do it too.
If Impostor Shinnok steals a move that can trigger a brutality, and he fulfilled all requirements to initiate the brutality, he can use his opponent's brutality. It's actually really neat.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I did Sonya's X-Ray Brutality multiple times. I also did a stage brutality on the Deadwoods multiple times. So there are hidden brutalities...

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I think I found a new album name....oh goody

Also yeah I have heard of thing happening on stages also so I'm sure they do exist...

Gamer68

Fujin!
I need help finding all Stage Brutalities and Hidden Brutalities. I have already found and done some, and I've also heard things about others.

What I know:
Dead Woods Brutality
- To do the Dead Woods Brutality, you need to use and land 2 different interactables. The first one is the tree branch all the way on the left. The second one is the tree branch you jump and spin on. Again, you actually need to land these; they can't be blocked! When the opponent is on low health, use the log at the far right of the stage. They must be at jump distance as well.

Sonya X-Ray Brutality - Apparently, Sonya's X-Ray Brutality (which was shown in one of the later Kombat Kasts) is not an unlockable Brutality. I don't know this for sure however, because I haven't unlocked all of her Brutalities. What I do know is that it can be done. I have actually done it multiple times. All you need to do is use her X-Ray as the final attack.

What I've heard:
Outworld Marketplace Brutality
- I've heard that there is a secret Brutality on the Outworld Marketplace. I don't know the requirements to do it, but you need to throw the old lady as the final attack. Apparently, if you do it correctly they opponent will explode. I've tried doing this a couple times in Single Fight and Versus, but I couldn't do it. I tried using interactables in the match, not using interactables, throwing the old lady at jump distance, throwing her close, etc.

More Kotal Kahn Brutalities - I've heard that Kotal Kahn has a hidden 6th Brutality. I don't know the requirements to do it, and I also don't know what it looks like.

More Kung Jin Brutalities - I've heard that Kung Jin has a hidden 6th and 7th Brutality. I don't know the requirements to do them, and I also don't know what they look like.

(Bonus) 20,000 Koins for doing a Stage Brutality - I've heard, and even seen a picture of someone getting 20,000 Koins for preforming the Dead Woods Brutality. However, I've done the Brutality twice already, and I was not rewarded with anything. I don't know if there's more requirements that you need to do to gain the reward, but I don't know what it would be that way. It is said all you have to do is preform it.

That's all I know/heard/seen/have done. It would be awesome if you guys could help me try to find more of these Hidden Brutalities. Rather it's just looking on the internet for information, or actually trying to find them in-game; all help will be appreciated! Let's try to find them all!

I feel like this is their way of getting back to the old arcade days where people would say they found this hidden 3rd ninja in a green outfit called Reptile and no one knew if it was true or not lol

From what I understand the woods stage brutality requires using 2 interactables (any of them, except the log of course) during the 2nd/winning round, and then hitting with the EX log to kill.

Looking forward to finding the Xray and stage stuff though.

Hi bro, I'm into that quest too.
Regarding stage brutalities I have pretty much the same info as you.
(Though I could do the Dead Woods one by not connecting the stage interactions, just using them.)

However, I have found some cool things.

-Kotal Kahn's 6th is by using Blood Sacrifice. Have no idea how to unlock it yet....

-Kung Jin 6th brutality(Throw one) is not hidden, but I still can't find it. It must be by gambling.
The 7th might be the second version of the Shaolin variation, in which you can direct the Chakram up and down.

-Some brutalities have 2 different outcomes, which may indicate that those are "hidden", so to say. The ones I know of are:
Johnny Cage's Nut Punch (EX and normal give different outcomes)
Kung Lao's Hat Toss (directing up and down and Buzzsaw variation = 3 outcomes)
Goro's Shokan Grab (Dragon Fangs variation different than the other 2)

And, Shinnok can steal some brutalities by stealing moves with Impostor variation. I tested every char, and these are the ones who work.
I am still not sure if the requirements maintain or not. Some worked without, some worked only with.

Kung Jin (Steals EX Cartwheel Smash, didn't use 3 during the match and worked)
D'vorah (Steals Ovipositor Charge, must hold Fwd to work)
Mileena (Steals Ball Roll, must hold Dn, didn't connect 5 and worked)
Sub-zero (Steals Ice Ball, freeze and uppercut, works)
Ermac (Steals EX Force Lift, must do 5hit combo, used Fwd+2, 2, 4 and Force Lift to work)
Sonya (Steals Leg Grab, must do 5hit combo, used JI 2, Fwd+2, 2, 4 and Leg Grab in corner to work)

Also:
Goro (Steals Stomp, but couldn't test it yet. Need 2 controllers to make the loser defend on the final hit)

I'm really eager to find more too, lol
Btw, have you found Ferra/Torr's und Kano's 6th brutalities? I know it's by gambling, but still no luck here.

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Has this been posted here before? I know we were pretty sure they existed, but here's your proof.

I'll be dinking around in the stages today looking for more. :)