What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me when everyone shit on Bane and then he ended up being top tier

then play someone else
Wait, Bane got to be top tier? Maybe I stopped playing as much past a certain point, but is that even close to being true? I loved playing as Bane. ;-;

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
this somewhat reminds me of the grundy/bane forums....
Yeah I'm not upplaying a character again early to end up with a fucking garbage tier character by the end

If everyone else is getting awesome buffs make goro walk and run faster and give us more damage overall

Nobody in this cast should hit harder than the amster of kombat

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Do you guys think Goro's poor mobility will end up being crippling as the game goes on?

Most of his strengths are pretty common amongst the cast but there really doesn't seem to be much in the way of unique strengths, while his almost entirely poor walk/run/mediocre dashes seem to be a big flaw that is a lot more limited compared to corner carry and armor
no not really goro is safe and damn near free and every one of these variations help him in multiple matchups

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Bane was pretty fucked up
He wasn't that bad relative to the rest of the cast

The problem was that Bane got massive buffs while his hardest match-ups all got nerfed really hard (Superman and Black Adam for instance). And then he got more buffs even though we were pretty happy with how he was the first time

Gurg

Noob
Have you guys tried messing around with 3-d+3 into telestomp midscreen? Doesn't carry quite as far as punchwalk, but if you hold forward during the stomp it seems completely unavoidable and also leaves you very close for oki afterward too (unlike punchwalk). Also seems to naturally OS into not-telestomp (nothing) on block as well.

Definitely my go-to overhead option midscreen right now... I just wish it wasn't so difficult to do! What the heck is up with down-up special move cancelling in this game? It's definitely not the same as every other cancel.

ruff321

Noob
Now that Tanya's out I think she's going to be Goro's toughest MU :(. Been playing around with her today and she got crazy mobility. Her air mobility is enough to drive any Goro player crazy

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Now that Tanya's out I think she's going to be Goro's toughest MU :(. Been playing around with her today and she got crazy mobility. Her air mobility is enough to drive any Goro player crazy
I know how you feel man I've been fighting nothing but Tanya today her tell apart completely shuts down my corner game

TZA

Noob
I'm already having trouble against Tanya's fireball variation. Mostly the zoning, although it seems that she can just run away almost whenever she wants.

Hello guys :)

I just happned to play a bit with Goro and i saw this happening, thought it was interesting to mention.

SOrry if its such badquality but i don't know why MKX starts lagging as soon as i want to record something, it wasn't that bad before :(
RIP Awesome difficult combos since i get horrible delay...

Anywho i know Cages Ex kick is a high but i thought it would just whiff and put him infront of Goro while he's doing the groundpund.
Apparently (what i think) Goro is just waay too low to the ground + Cage doesen't seem to have any hitbox/hurtbox or whatever its called that can collide with Goros.

Gurg

Noob
If you want more wacky collision stuff..

Erron Black in the corner.
Erron Black throws Goro into corner (side switch)
Goro wakes up with forward dash
Goro dashes clean through Erron Black (side switch)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
His damage off of punchwalk is just so bad.

For as much work as you need to do midscreen to land an opener.... he does bad damage.

gah...... his tools are fine.... quit scaling ma punchwalk.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
^ That's why I think normal PW should launch. Probably not for a full combo, just enough for him to get like d.1 command grab.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
^ That's why I think normal PW should launch. Probably not for a full combo, just enough for him to get like d.1 command grab.
that would probably be enough for a full combo unless they're launched so low EX PW will drop them

I also dislike how a character like Tanya has the same amount of life that Goro has, this does not promote a player to play a slow grappler like character, atleast i think so.

I come from a capcom background where characters like akuma has 850 Health and Hugo has 1100, but it can really make difference. It just feels like you should just pick characters like Scorpion, Kung Jin, Raiden etc.

Change Goro, somehow.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
my wishlist

standing 3 and standing 2 to be mids.

3d3 to just pop up launch and not that stupid pushaway launch.

done.

edit: b12 to literally pull you into his chest when it lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.