What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I think Goro holds up well against most of the cast so far. The only time I feel like he's not viable is against Kung Lao and Scorpion but those could just be bad match ups. I'm not really sure what I would buff but a better anti-air wouldn't hurt I guess.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Forever King has some matches where he plays goro in tournaments
Perhaps this has been answered before, but excuse my lazinnes cause I will ask again. So I want to know which pro players play goro? I haven't been able to find any pro matches on youtube. I watch a lot of brady, djt and others for my main sub, but now goro is my second and I need some match footage. I learn the most from those videos, much more than just from reading bunch of stuff and even those tournament videos inspire me to get much better myself.

Gurg

Noob
I just noticed yesterday that the last hit of ex shokan grab doesn't scale, and always does 5% damage.

No wonder long combos ending in ex SG do so much damage!

Please don't nerf NRS. :(

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
fast answer? you cant. you cant pressure her and shes too mobile for Goro to lock down. Hard counter matchup is very hard
I figured as much. Shame. I was hoping for a patch to nerf her and buff everyone left out from the hot fix next week, but it looks not likely since we haven't heard anything yet.

I figured as much. Shame. I was hoping for a patch to nerf her and buff everyone left out from the hot fix next week, but it looks not likely since we haven't heard anything yet.
welcome to MKX Batgirl edition.
im already assuming Goro will end up the same as Doomsday, utterly forgotten at the bottom of the teir list

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
There were Doomsdays in top 8 all the time and he was a very popular character. PL, whiteboi, noobe, and others played him and won. Some considered him top 10, certainly not bottom.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
When goro has a doomsday dash, he will never be bottom tier. He doesn't though.

sorry my bad, over with the Doomsday thing xD
for some reason i still dont fully understand i dropped doomsday pretty early for Lobo xD hahaha

Anywho, stomp work pretty well vs Pyromancer since her Air Fireball has like INFINITE recovery but im at a loss against pogo and tonfa variations. waaaay too much mobility and pressure for Goro to handle

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Chest lunge and f3 will catch her trying to teleport backwards as a wake-up.

KW's biggest perk is next to useless in this match-up though, as she won't be on the ground long enough in Pyro and Naginata for it to really do anything with ground pound outside of OTG damage.

I don't know how often the chance will come up but hitting her off of her pole with B2 at any distance lets you run cancel for a f3 xx punchwalk/grab.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
this character is so goofy in the corner

new optimal swagger combos:

f4 d1d1d1d1d1d1d1~grab

tigrar only, do low fireball and then just mash d1 as much as you want and then end with d1 (d3 if they're really low)~shokan grab

30%+ meterless and maximum disrespect

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Chest lunge and f3 will catch her trying to teleport backwards as a wake-up.

KW's biggest perk is next to useless in this match-up though, as she won't be on the ground long enough in Pyro and Naginata for it to really do anything with ground pound outside of OTG damage.

I don't know how often the chance will come up but hitting her off of her pole with B2 at any distance lets you run cancel for a f3 xx punchwalk/grab.
coincidentally KW is great against grandmaster in my experience so far. He can't turtle behind clone when ground pound is a threat, forces him to play offensively and makes it hard to turtle

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
this character is so goofy in the corner

new optimal swagger combos:

f4 d1d1d1d1d1d1d1~grab

tigrar only, do low fireball and then just mash d1 as much as you want and then end with d1 (d3 if they're really low)~shokan grab

30%+ meterless and maximum disrespect
Doing wacky juggles with d1 and d3 in the corner with Goro isn't new but boy is it hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.