What's new

Godzilla (2014) Discussion Thread

I can so see this beginning a new trilogy or something of that sorts, with the first one, they can't stop Godzilla, so they build Mecha Godzilla, in which the 2nd movie would be GZ VS MG, with a cliffhanger of King Ghidorah, which the 3rd movie would be GZ & MG Vs KG, in which Godzilla kills KG, but is fatally wounded and dies as a hero, with everyone who witnessed the fight between them finally respect Godzilla. My ideas are so horrible. :p
Swap Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah's movies and that's how I see it going. King Ghidorah in the sequel to be the Joker, and than Mechagodzilla in the third to be the Bane.

Funny enough, Edwards says if they do well enough they wanna make the sequel be like Destroy All Monsters type film with at least 10 critters running around.

Lain of The Wired

The Fucker Upper
Swap Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah's movies and that's how I see it going. King Ghidorah in the sequel to be the Joker, and than Mechagodzilla in the third to be the Bane.

Funny enough, Edwards says if they do well enough they wanna make the sequel be like Destroy All Monsters type film with at least 10 critters running around.
Yeah, I wonder if he'd be willing to fork out a few bucks to get the rights for a few other Toho kaiju?
I'd love to see Mothra, Rodan, or Anguirus on the big screen

Yeah, I wonder if he'd be willing to fork out a few bucks to get the rights for a few other Toho kaiju?
I'd love to see Mothra, Rodan, or Anguirus on the big screen
From what I understand that's why we are getting original monsters for the first film, if it does well enough to warrant a sequel buy the rights to Rodan, KG, Etc.

Oh and about the nuke Lian, we have a power plant and a nuke being transported, somehow I get the feeling the Mutos will feed off nuclear energy as well, so Godzilla attacks a power plant while the Mutos attack a train or ship for the nuclear bomb.

Lain of The Wired

The Fucker Upper
From what I understand that's why we are getting original monsters for the first film, if it does well enough to warrant a sequel buy the rights to Rodan, KG, Etc.

Oh and about the nuke Lian, we have a power plant and a nuke being transported, somehow I get the feeling the Mutos will feed off nuclear energy as well, so Godzilla attacks a power plant while the Mutos attack a train or ship for the nuclear bomb.
I wonder if the radiation could further mutate the insect-like monster, making him bigger, closer to the size of Godzilla? I also wonder if Godzilla will act like the one from the 1985 film and see the radioactive insect-like monster as a "food" source and hunt it in an attempt to absorb it?

The ending gave me goosebumps. Here's hoping that it won't end up like 1998 Godzilla what a P.O.S that was
And Toho agrees with that.

You know it's bad when one of the most stubborn companies in Japan publicly admits to screwing up by bringing it back just to have it killed in 11 seconds.

Also lol at the fact the Godzilla cameo in Always Sunset 2 and Legendary Godzilla in the teaser have better CGI than G'98.

xLOCKx

Whatever it takes
Im just hope this movie's twice as better than the terrible ass American 98 Godzilla movie.

Reactions: gdf

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
Loved the trailer. The opening Halo jump was an amazing shot. The tone is great. Would have liked to have seen more story and more Godzilla but they will probably save that for the second trailer. Godzilla looks great. Bryan Cranston being in the movie is another reason why i'm excited to watch it.

Also love the use of the 2001 space odyssey music in the trailer. Adds that mysterious feel to it.

The monolith called it wants its music back.

Lain of The Wired

The Fucker Upper
Yeah brain fart. We still have a Dr. Serizawa listed for the movie. I find it funny the guy who played Ogata ends up playing the doc almost 60 years later.
LoL, Akira Takarada's been a part of the Godzilla series for a long time
Appearing in...
Gojira (1954)
Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964)
Invasion of the Astro Monster (1965)
Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster (1966)
Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)
and now, Godzilla (2014)
I think it's very fitting for him to play the good doctor in the new film, and I think he'll honor the role (if in fact it IS the same role)

LoL, Akira Takarada's been a part of the Godzilla series for a long time
Appearing in...
Gojira (1954)
Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964)
Invasion of the Astro Monster (1965)
Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster (1966)
Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)
and now, Godzilla (2014)
I think it's very fitting for him to play the good doctor in the new film, and I think he'll honor the role (if in fact it IS the same role)
It's most likely a re-imagining or a great nephew or other relative named after him. Still makes the whole love triangle thing more interesting. Doc doesn't get Emmiko, and now the guy who got Emmiko plays the guy who had unrequited love. XD

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
As long as this movie doesn't feature a giant iguana and doesn't turn into fucking Jurassic Park in the end. It better just be a big fucking Godzilla wrecking shit in the city and then kicking some big ass monster ass all over the screen, fuck don't even put people in the movie just make it all about Godzilla.

Lain of The Wired

The Fucker Upper
fuck don't even put people in the movie just make it all about Godzilla.
Now, I disagree with this, the human element usually plays a big part in the films, and for most of the Showa era films, I rather enjoyed the human story.
As long as the characters are good, I'm fine, and Gareth expects people to be walking out of the theaters crying, which leads me to believe the characters will be well drawn out enough that we will actually care what happens to them in this hell on Earth that is Godzilla

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Now, I disagree with this, the human element usually plays a big part in the films, and for most of the Showa era films, I rather enjoyed the human story.
As long as the characters are good, I'm fine, and Gareth expects people to be walking out of the theaters crying, which leads me to believe the characters will be well drawn out enough that we will actually care what happens to them in this hell on Earth that is Godzilla
I get where your coming from I was mainly kiddng around, I know nearly all the films had a very human element to them, which I am not 100% opposed of, I just hope that the monsters themselves have way more involvement in the film the last one in 98. For all its purposes that movie wasn't bad, it should never have been called Godzilla.