What's new

Godzilla (2014) Discussion Thread

Iron Angel

“I WILL PROTECT THE INNOCENT.”
I actually like the montage of people running and reacting to things.
I know, I did too, I just wanted more Godzilla lol just because i feel like we've been teased enough all year...but of course, now that the official trailer has been released, there'll be a trailer every month till it's release. Patience is a virtue, I know. lol I really did love the intro to that trailer: the atmosphere, the music, the scale of the scene, Godzilla blending in with the city at first...really cool. Very epic.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I saw that new trailer this morning...it was...without a doubt...amazing...my only complaint? Not enough Godzilla, but when he showed up each time, it was worth the wait. #Heizenberg
A proper trailer for a true monster movie should never show the monster.

Builds tension and gives you something to look forward to.

That's why the Cloverfield trailer was so awesome :p

Japanese trailers have a few differences.

http://www.godzilla-movie.jp/

What the? 7.25?

U.S. getting a Godzilla movie before Japan? Blasphemy!

I know, I did too, I just wanted more Godzilla lol just because i feel like we've been teased enough all year...but of course, now that the official trailer has been released, there'll be a trailer every month till it's release. Patience is a virtue, I know. lol I really did love the intro to that trailer: the atmosphere, the music, the scale of the scene, Godzilla blending in with the city at first...really cool. Very epic.
Did you see the bug monster noming the subway train?

ryublaze

Noob
I just realized that the leaked video I had of a guy recording with his phone is the same trailer that was released today lol. I still have the 1st trailer that was leaked but idk if it's okay to upload it.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
A proper trailer for a true monster movie should never show the monster.

Builds tension and gives you something to look forward to.

That's why the Cloverfield trailer was so awesome :p
I think they kinda had to show Godzilla for a second in this one so people see that it is actually Godzilla this time and not... a dinosaur, I'm looking at you Godzilla 1998.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Aye fuck all you guys, I thought Zilla looked a million times better than fat sack of potatoes known as "The real Godzilla"

Look at this sleek, badass, mawfugga

And now look at this fat, clumsy, ugly, disgusting, tub of obesity that you people love:

But in all seriousness I hope the new design will be a mix of both. Kind of like a buff reptile.

Do you guys think he'll shoot red fire or keep his classic blue fire?
Blue I hope. Red or orange will just reinforce the "fire" stereotype. Time people realize it's an energy death ray of some sort.

Oh hi Dr. Serizawa.

Oh, I might as well state, I had a brain fart yesterday, Akira Takarada won't be playing Serizawa, Ken Watanabe will

Ken Watanabe? IMPROSSBU!

Derptile Good one almost had me for a second. Yeah I never understood how a twig like him could support his own body mass.

Lain of The Wired

The Fucker Upper
I thought his comic debut was supposed to be a one shot? Eh whatever, even his ugly mug can't ruin that comic cover. 9 out of 10. If he wasn't there I'd give it a 10 out of 10. So first time fighting the Garantuluas is gonna be on comic.
I also notice Gaira and Sanda have the Toho logos now, I need to find bigger versions...