What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

MK Led

Umbasa
You say it's shallow in RPGness but then say it shows improvement in the style of RPG...I will say this about Skyrim. The game is definitely playable with a hundred mods installed -- even if for a short while.
Oh, I didn't really convey this properly but what I meant was less rpg like stuff like the how the open world functioned and the combat was improved upon from oblivion, I do agree that skyrim was shallow, but mods did help me sink quite a bit of time into it.

There were also leaks of an earlier build rumored to be true, such as only being able to play as a man and voice acted player character, don't know how to feel about this things.

This is my number one RPG. What makes it even better, IF Bethesda somehow releases a day-1 lemon I can refund my Steam preorder no question asked for 14 days. However I will probably just preorder on G2A cause come on its Fallout.

This is my number one RPG. What makes it even better, IF Bethesda somehow releases a day-1 lemon I can refund my Steam preorder no question asked for 14 days. However I will probably just preorder on G2A cause come on its Fallout.
Preordering is bad, period. If you do preorder, although I hate to give steam money, I'd say preorder through Steam. Steam return policy doesn't protect outisde bad lemons.

Preordering is bad, period. If you do preorder, although I hate to give steam money, I'd say preorder through Steam. Steam return policy doesn't protect outisde bad lemons.
True but im torn since I enjoy modding and I want to be modding on day one and I dont really want to pirate anymore, sucks that this is even an issue. fuck 2015 gaming

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The game is a lot more colorful though. Fallout 3 had no color palette to speak of and a sickly green glow over everything. This seems to be a lot more cheery for the eye, but is that a good thing? I liked F3's gloomy aesthetic and occasional horror elements, and Bethesda definitely needs to pay close attention to the game's overall atmosphere. But, they're actually very good at this, and I believe they will.
This is what I liked in F3.

And remember that this game is obviously unfinished, they need months of work still.

E.G E3 2014 Cassie

This is what I liked in F3.

And remember that this game is obviously unfinished, they need months of work still.

E.G E3 2014 Cassie
Im happy they went with more colorful, the more colorful the more flexibility with modding imo as its easier to desaturate what is there than to add what isn't. ENBs will make F4 look exactly how u want.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Cant wait for later today. I also hope we get to see some gameplay. I wouldn't mind even just watching character creation tbh lol

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I need to find the schedule for E3.

On topic; I am really excited for this. It appears the Gears 1 remaster and Fallout 4 are both coming out this year. I picked up Wasteland 2 on PC to get in the post apocalypse groove.

aj1701

Noob
I've heard people say this, and I don't get why. You may have to put some money down but if you cancel you usually get it back. hell amazon costs nothing to preorder.

I've heard people say this, and I don't get why. You may have to put some money down but if you cancel you usually get it back. hell amazon costs nothing to preorder.
Some items have special additional content that if unknowingly consumed (extra dlc used, voucher codes for some F2P titles) cannot be returned. I personally don't like going through the trouble of cancelling, and would prefer to get extra items after the game comes out.

aj1701

Noob
Some items have special additional content that if unknowingly consumed (extra dlc used, voucher codes for some F2P titles) cannot be returned. I personally don't like going through the trouble of cancelling, and would prefer to get extra items after the game comes out.
How do you unknowingly enter a code? and how would anyone know if it were used when you return it? I only have been gaming on PS so maybe stream is different.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Part of the reason for me is because everytime someone does pre-order something it cements their decision cutting content from the game to sell it as a pre-order bonus

Goro, for example

So basically now I HAVE to pre-order if I want the full game, sure I can just cancel the pre-order but if I don't make the pre-order to begin with I can never go back and get the full game often, it's a terrible practice IMO that does nothing beneficial for us, the consumers