What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
OMFG AJKDHFKALJSDGKJBA

The wait is finally over... my body wasn't ready. Also, will our character FINALLY have a voice? That is like THE one thing that has always bothered me in Bethesda games. I know it might seem like a small problem to most people but it really bothers me, my character feels soulless without a voice. :/
ohhh...

I would love that! Good idea.

Make it happen, oh Boba one.

The Highlander

There can be only one
OMFG AJKDHFKALJSDGKJBA

The wait is finally over... my body wasn't ready. Also, will our character FINALLY have a voice? That is like THE one thing that has always bothered me in Bethesda games. I know it might seem like a small problem to most people but it really bothers me, my character feels soulless without a voice. :/
You're meant to role play him. I would hate if he had a voice. Am hype as fuck though. Hope they have more quests, a la new vegas, rather than the 20 we got with 3.

MK Led

Umbasa
OMFG AJKDHFKALJSDGKJBA

Yeah that was the main reason I enjoyed Mass effect so much, it goes a long way to making your character feel connected to the world.

Speaking of Mass Effect... ME4 showcase at E3, please? Don't fail me now Bioware.

You're meant to role play him. I would hate if he had a voice. Am hype as fuck though. Hope they have more quests, a la new vegas, rather than the 20 we got with 3.
I doubt they will break the streak of every game they have made ever... but I wouldn't mind if they did :p If for some reason they actually do have a voice for the player character, I'm sure they'd put in an option to turn it off, they probably know what their fans like at this point, haha.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Yeah that was the main reason I enjoyed Mass effect so much, it goes a long way to making your character feel connected to the world.

Speaking of Mass Effect... ME4 showcase at E3, please? Don't fail me now Bioware.
Exactly. I'm 100% sure we'll get a gameplay trailer for ME4 at E3. They had this little trailer last year where they showed little glimpses, it's a year later, they have to show more. It's about damn time.

MK Led

Umbasa
Exactly. I'm 100% sure we'll get a gameplay trailer for ME4 at E3. They had this little trailer last year where they showed little glimpses, it's a year later, they have to show more. It's about damn time.
Let's hope so. I just hope they lay off some of the weird micro-manage-y stuff from Inquisition. I get that they were trying to make it feel like you were running something bigger than just one character, but it just kinda distanced me from the story. Besides, Mass Effect games have always been a very personal stories compared to other RPGs... I hope they stick to that sort of thing even though ME4 isn't gonna be about Shep.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Let's hope so. I just hope they lay off some of the weird micro-manage-y stuff from Inquisition. I get that they were trying to make it feel like you were running something bigger than just one character, but it just kinda distanced me from the story. Besides, Mass Effect games have always been a very personal stories compared to other RPGs... I hope they stick to that sort of thing even though ME4 isn't gonna be about Shep.
Yeah, that's gonna be the most interesting part though. You're not playing Shepard anymore. I'm really interested to see if they'll be able to get us emotionally connected to another person as much as they did with Shep. Definitely won't be easy. Also, playable aliens plox? I think they mentioned something like this but I'm not sure.

MK Led

Umbasa
Yeah, that's gonna be the most interesting part though. You're not playing Shepard anymore. I'm really interested to see if they'll be able to get us emotionally connected to another person as much as they did with Shep. Definitely won't be easy. Also, playable aliens plox? I think they mentioned something like this but I'm not sure.
Yeah that sounds familiar, and lets hope so. I wonder if they'll go for a more play your own character like Bethesda style, or if they'll go with Shep 2.0

Now that I think about it I'd be really interested to see a Mass Effect game with a player character who is even more of their own character than Shep was.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
hell yeah, I always helped out the ghouls and cleared the tower, except for my evil playthroughs, when it becomes a massacre and I get my tower cribz going on
I remember trying to do the peaceful route and convince everyone to allow the ghouls in so I would save the game before every speech option until I got to the last person left to convince and it had like a 97 or 98% chance so I was like "fuck it if this fails you guys deserve to die" and it failed...

TKB

Noob
Here's an idea... How did everyone else break their characters? just curious what set up people preferred.

Funny enough I usually started out at the beginning by putting my luck at 10 and playing an uber long shot stealth character. Almost every shot I made was a critical lol. I would also max my speech out as early as possible.

edit: also the dart gun was OP instantly cripple any creatures legs. Yes please

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Here's an idea... How did everyone else break their characters? just curious what set up people preferred.

Funny enough I usually started out at the beginning by putting my luck at 10 and playing an uber long shot stealth character. Almost every shot I made was a critical lol. I would also max my speech out as early as possible.
In fallout 3 I always went straight for the power amour in the citadel, but strength and intelligence were my go to attributes.

Really hope they have more hilarious blueprint weapons like in fallout 3 (dartgun, shishkabeb, rock-it launcher, railway riffle)

EDIT: also hoping for a return of medic power armour that shit had me rolling on the floor it was as if jack bower were a suit of armour

Last edited:
as someone who was more into modding then in-game, i'm sad to see gamebryo engine return. the engine from 2007... i dun' evan...