What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

MK Led

Umbasa
Here's an idea... How did everyone else break their characters? just curious what set up people preferred.

Funny enough I usually started out at the beginning by putting my luck at 10 and playing an uber long shot stealth character. Almost every shot I made was a critical lol. I would also max my speech out as early as possible.

edit: also the dart gun was OP instantly cripple any creatures legs. Yes please
I was usually fairly balanced. Always leveled repair, small guns and the skill that made stimpacks heal more first though. I usually went for single shot guns though, shotguns, rifles, a sniper, and my trusty machete of course.

Oh also that railway spike gun was so classic. Other than that mods really fleshed out the number and variety of weapons way more than the original game

Edit: Also that saw thing from the pitt dlc, I hope they bring back unique weapon crafting and improve it from FO3.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I just tried to make a character that wasn't fucking OP and felt like a apocalypse survivor type character. Small Guns, Repair, and Lockpicking were a must.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Here's an idea... How did everyone else break their characters? just curious what set up people preferred.

Funny enough I usually started out at the beginning by putting my luck at 10 and playing an uber long shot stealth character. Almost every shot I made was a critical lol. I would also max my speech out as early as possible.

All melee weapons. I like to be as savage as I possibly can be. When I crit them they explode into blood and gore. New Vegas had some broke melee weapons and it was extremely satisfying.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
All melee weapons. I like to be as savage as I possibly can be. When I crit them they explode into blood and gore. New Vegas had some broke melee weapons and it was extremely satisfying.
New Vegas had broke everything except for the weapon that was actually supposedly broke lol.

In FO3 I would put my Int at 9, and then immediately head to that boat city to grab the int bobblehead. Then with 10 int, I'd get the maximum amount of spendable skill points per levelup for the rest of the game.

aj1701

Noob
Just watched the trailer, poor doggy. Anyone see any familiar areas that might clue to where the location might be? That statue kind of made me think its probably somewhere in NE USA. Probably Boston like people have been guessing
Although the gold dome reminds me of the capital build in Montpelier VT, so if it is Boston the game is centered on the map would be huge.

greguu

GOTCHA

I've always liked explosives characters, most enemies will either die from the grenade or die in only a couple of shots afterwards. Explosives characters work especially well in New Vegas, because of all the dynamite you can get early on in the game.

To be completely honest, I didn't like the trailer so much. Don't get me wrong, it looked FUCKING AMAZING, but i'm having some concerns. They may be fixed with the game so i'll hold my tongue for now. Other than that, I liked the new look of the deathclaws, and I liked the shot of the BoS armor with all the easter eggs in the bg. It looks promising

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Here are my thoughts.

I loved Fallout 3, but NV was a disappointment for me. I played the game and it was good but it didn't have the survival feel of F3, it felt way too populated and centered around wars than actual survival. Hopefully F4 is like 3, the environments look to be a mix of both.

Graphics don't matter, you're not playing this game for the graphics, it always was mediocre in that department.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
A long time ago a article was made that had a Boston university professor said Bethesda came to him asking about the history of Boston. So it was speculated for about a year. glad to see it actually is.