What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Playing melee with minimal armor is like the hardest thing ever but fuck is it satisfying when you figure something out or you clear a group in one go.

This game has a surprising amount of weapon, having fun trying them all(at least all the melee ones) out.

I just murdered a poor defenseless swan(with an irresponsible amount of explosives) and took its Puncturing Power Fist.

Such a majestic creature, truly a shame.

Anyone else run across the swan in swan pond yet?
I did and I proceeded to run away very quickly.

Good neighbour is a sick area
Especially when you become the silver shroud.

P.S. If has anyone else had enemies turn invisible? Nothing is scarier than a feral ghoul that is completely invisible chasing after you lol.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
If you've gone to diamond city and have been asked to find valentine. you need to go in the middle of a city

theres a place called swan's pond with a floating swan. a raider is triggered to run towards it because inside the swan is a gatling laser, you need to run and get it first or else you've pretty much dead.
It took me so long to kill that fucker.

EntropicByDesign

@Wetdoba I think you should spoil the location of the bobblehead and sword.

I am going to start a second, melee playthrough as soon as I figure out how the hell to make two characters withgout deleting my current one..

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yeah, I wanna make a second char too. Mostly because I can't wait 10 more lvls to get all the melee perks I should already have.

I also found 2 items which reduce damage taken by 15% while sprinting or blocking. If there are more than you can get massive mitigation by collecting the whole set.

EntropicByDesign

Yeah it took me a handful of tries, the trick was patience. I just ran in figure eights around the scenery while popping him a few times then repeating. I also laid down all my mines and such to pull him through. I'm only level 12 or 11 so it took some time.

I might make a second installation of FO4 but I worry it will.still overright save data. If save data is saved in like drive: username/appdatawhatever I wonder if you could just make a new user for your computer and log into windows under than name? It would change the location of the new save file..

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Spent all day customizing Sanctuary. Trying to power your settlements is a pain in the ass. But I've got the entire thing walled off so the only entrance is the bridge, which is heavily fortified. I think if I set the game to easy and tried to break in, myself, I'd have a low chance of success. I do wish the customization was more like the Forge from Halo. Trying to do anything that doesn't involve a 90 degree angle is a nightmare. I also wish I could turn off the "snap" feature. It never works when I need it, and when I don't need it, it grabs pieces from miles away.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Also, don't buy the strategy guide. It's utterly worthless. Every time I need info I have to go online because the guide has no actual information in it.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
A workshop's necessary defense is determined by food + water. That's never written anywhere, but it's super important. I had to shut down my water plant that was producing 70+ bottles of water each day. :[

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
A workshop's necessary defense is determined by food + water. That's never written anywhere, but it's super important. I had to shut down my water plant that was producing 70+ bottles of water each day. :[
If you well-fortify your workshop, does it really matter?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Does anyone know what perks the companions have? Not the perks they give you, but the perks they can actually use. Like I know Nick can hack and Cait can pick locks. Do any of the others have skills like that? The piece of shit guide doesn't mention anything about it.

Solignac

Noob
Nah. Nothing is getting in. There's just an exclamation point beside the defense rating. That exclamation point bothers me to no end.
I just built a giant fuckin' wall around Sanctuary Hills. Some synths attacked it and took out all my crops and destroyed my generators. After that I got so pissed I built a giant wall and stacked the synth bodies on top of each other out front with a spiked poll. They don't have any real emotions but fuck em anyway.
Does anyone know what perks the companions have? Not the perks they give you, but the perks they can actually use. Like I know Nick can hack and Cait can pick locks. Do any of the others have skills like that? The piece of shit guide doesn't mention anything about it.
I know Paladin Danse fucks shit up. Idk about any others. However, I do know that if you're using the lone wanderer perk that gives you buffs if you adventure alone, :DOGEmeat doesn't actually count towards that. So you can use him as a follower and have the effects of lone wanderer.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
However, I do know that if you're using the lone wanderer perk that gives you buffs if you adventure alone, :DOGEmeat doesn't actually count towards that. So you can use him as a follower and have the effects of lone wanderer.
Ooh, that reminds me, any idea where I might find Dog Meat? He disappeared after he led me to the kidnapper (I assume because I had Nick as a companion).

Solignac

Noob
Ooh, that reminds me, any idea where I might find Dog Meat? He disappeared after he led me to the kidnapper (I assume because I had Nick as a companion).
What part of I've been on my hands and knees searching the ground for broken coffee mugs and already chewed bubble gum to scrap do you not understand?

Lol idk man, I haven't even been to Diamond City yet

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
What part of I've been on my hands and knees searching the ground for broken coffee mugs and already chewed bubble gum to scrap do you not understand?

Lol idk man, I haven't even been to Diamond City yet
I'll take that as a "no".

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The long scope on a sniper has ridiculous range, I can snipe across the river that splits diamond city. Makes headshots so much easier.