What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Luck is an amazing stat.

I tried to get to a really confusing place outside diamond city. I took an alley which made a legendary dog spot me. Just on the upper floor was a legendary raider and her pack. Up ahead within shotgun distance was a lone super mutant. Moving to the right of him was a small graveyard of ghouls. Continuing forward were more super mutants, on the left of which some raiders had set camp on the 2nd/3rd floor. In the very small connected alley, I came upon mole rats and a brood mother. After all that, I come across a legendary super mutant who thankfully does not see me since it's nighttime only to go ahead and find a gunners camp.

But here is where luck kicks. After using a stealth boy, accidentally stepping on a mine and having to use my last stimpak, they turned out to be friendly. And told me to get away. Of course, I needed to get past so I went the only other way which didn't have super mutants and I sniped their leader and started to back up only to turn around, see a legendary yao guai, and accept my fate as I ran towards the gunners hoping to make it attack them and me getting away.

I couldn't make this shit up if I wanted to, I'm uploading it all.

infamy23

FireBeard
Yeah purified water is a huge source of income.

Scavenging stations are actually decent but you don't notice because all of the stuff they collect gets mixed in with your other junk. I've gotten lots of rare materials like fiber optics and nuclear material from mine.

MK Led

Umbasa
Climbed up a sort of old-style stone brick tower, flipped a switch, turned out to be an air-raid siren. Before I realised I had to manually turn it off, a deathclaw, a mutated legendary deathclaw, about 20 raiders a few mirelurks and one or two rad scorpions came to say hi, lol. The fight lasted well over half an hour haha.

Anyway, the moral of this story is you better be fucking prepared before you go flipping any shiny switches. :rolleyes:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Anyone have any advice on how to make a lot of caps without exploits? I finally have all the perks to build the best stores in Sanctuary but they're so damned expensive.

Last edited:

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Anyone have any advice on how to make a lot of caps without exploit? I finally have all the perks to build the best stores in Santuary but they're so damned expensive.
1.) Learn what materials are the most valuable and sell them.
2.) Grow an excess amount of food and sell what you don't need. Turn one of your settlements into a farm.*
3.) Extra water is stored in your workshop. Purified water is mad valuable.

Be sure to maximize your Charisma before initiating a barter.

*Each farmer can handle six crops and each settlement, with soft-capped Charisma, can hold 20 people.
20 x 6 = 120 tatos each "season"
The usual price for tatos is around 4 caps.
4 x 120 = 480 caps per harvest
That's with one tato farm, and I didn't account for whatever excess gets put into storage.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
salem>>>

maybe my fave area so far. i was genuinely on edge in the witch museum, was pitch black headphones on v jumpy.
I have started playing this game with my GF, she just sits and watches and helps me spot shit, but its been REALLY enjoyable to.do it this way. It makes it so when I'm on the computer we still interact with each other.

I also.plan excursions each day. We pick a spot that's a decent hike from where we are and our goal for the day is to explore our way to it. I'm reasonable meticulous when I play, so it takes me a while to get anywhere. Today's plan is to hike from Ten Pines to Salem and check out the witch museum. Looking forward to it. Just waiting on her to get off work.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I play on survivor difficulty and still feel the game is pretty easy. II have rank one in the ammo scavenger perk and have zero problem with ammo. I use primarily semi-auto rifles with perks to back them up, and ive upgraded gun-nut to lv2, the armor crafting thing to lv2 and science to lv1. I stay on top of my gun mods. I'm only level 18? Maybe not that high, and I've been through Diamond City, went to the Msmory Bar with Nick, etc and haven't had much trouble. I took out Swan, I've popped everyone I've come across. Been through the Paladin Danse questions up till you go to ArcJet and he asks you about joining.the BoS. As near as I can tell, I'm under leveled. On Survivor but still rollin' over bitches.

Something I started doing last night, for those that don't know, you can name your items at a crafting station. At first I just gave them smartass names and left it at that. Named my laser rifle 'Pew Pew on Yew Jew' .

Then I realized incould.solve an inventory problem with names and cluster all my shit that I use together to help keep SOME organization to the.clsuerfuck that is my inventory. Now everything I have equipped or use (guns) is named as such:

zGUN Combat Shotgun
zGUN Sniper Rifle

zARMOR Leg Left
zARMOR Leg Right

Etc. The reason for the 'z' is it pushes it to the bottom of the list. A '0' would push it to the top probably. Or a '.' , this keeps my shit .organized and my primary tools lumped together. I will put specific info in '( )' , like my Safe Cracker leggings and such as well.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Let's all learn from Ronda's loss, that it's vital to choose your perks wisely.
What cost her is what I knew would for a while. I just didn't think it would be Holly Holm who took advantage.

Boxers don't move to "be a moving target" as much as to keep their vision a moving target. A strike can only be perceived by vertical and horizontal movement, but the movement of its approach goes completely unperceived by a motionless target. So, right down the pipe came Holly's straights and Rhonda never stood a chance.

Rhonda needs to learn head movement and footwork in order to protect the blind-spot she never knew existed - and that's the one right in from of her.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I don't follow fighting like that but I don't get the big deal over the loss, isn't that like, her only loss ever?
Her first loss, out of nine fights. I'm a fan of Ronda's but... She just got severely outplayed. She tried to throw hands with a champion boxer/kickboxer who also had the reach advantage, that was not even a little bit wise. She had some attempts at some take downs but failed miserably... Holly was not going to the floor [not like that anyway]. Oh well... It was a great watch, I enjoyed the fight and the KO.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
It is but it was a BAD loss. And as always Rousey was talking mad trash before the fight so it was just kind of funny to watch.
I'm still a big fan of Rhonda. It wasn't heart that cost her. It was a lack of awareness. Greg Jackson never fails to recognize a weakness.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
After seeing all of this cool settlement shit on reddit I kind I want to do it up now...

On a small scale though, I think the house in Diamond City seems like a good start.

Reactions: GAV

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
What's the purpose of that, purified water?

So far I've made a medium shop and 2 scavenging stations but they haven't given me anything.
My workshop currently gives me about 160 purified water every time it refreshes (which seems to be pretty damn frequently, almost every time I fast travel). That many PWs sells for over 2,000 caps. So i basically have infinite money without using exploits.

Reactions: GAV

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Is there any greater benefit to building a lvl 3 shop (emporium) as opposed to just building a lvl 1 shop?
Is it just what they sell or does it affect cap income?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
My workshop currently gives me about 160 purified water every time it refreshes (which seems to be pretty damn frequently, almost every time I fast travel). That many PWs sells for over 2,000 caps. So i basically have infinite money without using exploits.
Can you explain to me how you make them produce it?