What's new

Fallout 4 Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Is it possible to get into diamond city without fighting the guards, or do I just have to wait until I'm closer to level 20?

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Is it possible to get into diamond city without fighting the guards, or do I just have to wait until I'm closer to level 20?
You should be able to just walk in without fighting with the guards. When I went there at like level 5 Piper was standing out the gate and was able to get in after talking to her

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I also somehow lost Dogmeat when I went into the city :(

Hopefully he's back at sanctuary or something.

Edit: He appeared out of thin air after like 10 mins. Wtf lol.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I also somehow lost Dogmeat when I went into the city :(

Hopefully he's back at sanctuary or something.

Edit: He appeared out of thin air after like 10 mins. Wtf lol.
From Level 4 to level 16 I lost DogMeat. Then I was adding food plants in my main settlement and saw him sitting in the doghouse across from the main house. I checked that area and that doghouse a good 7-8 times at different times of the day and night, but this time he just happened to be there lol. Who knows where he's at now!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Whoever said the followers were uninteresting was a liar.

First four i've come across so far are all cool.

Attack dog, Robo-Butler, Post-Apocalyptic musketeer, and a fucking Replicant detective.

E

Eldriken

I have the most amazing wife ever. I got up this morning and noticed my PS4 was on (I leave it in Rest Mode, not powered up) and it was connected to my monitor (I leave my PC connected to my monitor when going to bed) and was like, "WTF?"

I turn on the monitor and lo and behold, she had digitally purchased Fallout 4 around 5AM this morning. She got up while I was still sleeping to surprise me with it. Now to just wait for it to finish downloading.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I have the most amazing wife ever. I got up this morning and noticed my PS4 was on (I leave it in Rest Mode, not powered up) and it was connected to my monitor (I leave my PC connected to my monitor when going to bed) and was like, "WTF?"

I turn on the monitor and lo and behold, she had digitally purchased Fallout 4 around 5AM this morning. She got up while I was still sleeping to surprise me with it. Now to just wait for it to finish downloading.
You should marry her a second time.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Playing melee with minimal armor is like the hardest thing ever but fuck is it satisfying when you figure something out or you clear a group in one go.

This game has a surprising amount of weapon, having fun trying them all(at least all the melee ones) out.

I just murdered a poor defenseless swan(with an irresponsible amount of explosives) and took its Puncturing Power Fist.

Such a majestic creature, truly a shame.

Anyone else run across the swan in swan pond yet?

E

Eldriken

An item duplication exploit has been found. You can even use it to max your stats/perks.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/164592-fallout-4/72817602

Even if you've already used the "You're S.P.E.C.I.A.L." book, it still works.

I might give it a shot during a second playthrough or something. I certainly don't want to ruin my first one by being fucking OP as hell.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I wasn't a massive fan of New Vegas, but playing this has got me like I was with Fallout 3. I found a fat man just outside the converga factory in what was essentially my first mission. I found out the hard way.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
An item duplication exploit has been found. You can even use it to max your stats/perks.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/164592-fallout-4/72817602

Even if you've already used the "You're S.P.E.C.I.A.L." book, it still works.

I might give it a shot during a second playthrough or something. I certainly don't want to ruin my first one by being fucking OP as hell.

I'll re-post it without the link...
Get unlimited S.P.E.C.I.A.L points early on with PS4/XBOX. It's pretty simple really.
-You first need to get Dog (maybe another companion works).
-Go back to Sanctuary and if you haven't found it already, there is a book under the crib titled "You're Special". Pick it up, use it.
-Now that it's in your inventory, drop it on the ground.
-Tell your dog to pick it up, but right before he does you need to quickly pick it up.
-If done correctly he will drop the item and it will be in your inventory still (which also dupes any item btw).
-Pick up the copy Dog dropped and you should have 2 "You're Special" books.
-Drop both on the ground and one should now activate again.
-Repeat to max out your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points and save your level up points for perks

So I just reached level 28 and haven't used Power Armor at all since the first encounter since I wanted to stock up on fusion cores, and man oh man Power Armor is kind of ridiculously good. It's not exactly overpowered because you do have to repair it eventually but it's like a fucking tank lol. I honestly did not like PA in this game at first but I've kind of come around, I actually really like it and I wish I had tried it sooner. Now i'm going to go try and get that sweet sweet T-51B original Fallout set and mod it to the best stats.

Also, fuck the SPECIAL exploit. That kind of takes the fun out of everything imo, I mean yeah you still have to spend points to get perks but I'm at a point where I want certain perks that require a higher SPECIAL and I have to sink more points into upgrading my SPECIAL to get that perk. It adds more replayability and having complete 10 stats would be boring as shit. I do have to admit though that I've been using the caps exploit, but only for fusion cores. The bartering prices in this game are ass tbh, and I've been spending so many goddamn caps on settlements that I have none to use for supplies. I have a bartering perk and 8 Charisma too so wtf

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So I just reached level 28 and haven't used Power Armor at all since the first encounter since I wanted to stock up on fusion cores, and man oh man Power Armor is kind of ridiculously good. It's not exactly overpowered because you do have to repair it eventually but it's like a fucking tank lol. I honestly did not like PA in this game at first but I've kind of come around, I actually really like it and I wish I had tried it sooner. Now i'm going to go try and get that sweet sweet T-51B original Fallout set and mod it to the best stats.

Also, fuck the SPECIAL exploit. That kind of takes the fun out of everything imo, I mean yeah you still have to spend points to get perks but I'm at a point where I want certain perks that require a higher SPECIAL and I have to sink more points into upgrading my SPECIAL to get that perk. It adds more replayability and having complete 10 stats would be boring as shit. I do have to admit though that I've been using the caps exploit, but only for fusion cores. The bartering prices in this game are ass tbh, and I've been spending so many goddamn caps on settlements that I have none to use for supplies. I have a bartering perk and 8 Charisma too so wtf
I'll probably regret it, but I'm still going ham on that exploit.

I haven't waivered from Survivor difficulty, but unlike Qwark - I've been dying ... a lot.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Holy shit, I went to Forest Grove Marsh at night and it was the most terrifying thing ever. I'm just walking like hmm this town is abandoned, guess it'll be easy lootings. Then I just hear the splish-splash of water and realize there's ghouls climbing out of the ground all around me.
Try going to the glowing sea at night, during a radioactive thunderstorm. with ghouls, bugs, and deathclaws gunning for you. Now that weas some terrifying shit

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'll probably regret it, but I'm still going ham on that exploit.

I haven't waivered from Survivor difficulty, but unlike Qwark - I've been dying ... a lot.
Once you get to a higher lvl you stop dying but must still play conservatively. It goes from "everything is super deadly" to "everything is super deadly if I'm not careful".

Loving how I have to skip past enemies because they're simply not worth the little ammo I have.

Reactions: GAV