What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Im still salty about about realizing i can command grab off of a d4 on block so late Lol.
the guys I play know the erron black matchup and they respect my ex sandshot so I have that option for me which helps. I always knew d3 was going to get patched considering it was guarenteed command grab off of hit.
Also I have been playing around with the 121 string. The overbead hard knockdow guarentees a crossover jump in. And once opponent is conditioned im just going to 50/50 them with 12 xx ex sandshot. Ive had much success with it too. And if anyone wants to say 121 is punishable at -7 ask yourself why doesnt raiden get punished for shocker.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Stand-Off Stance is nowhere near as cool as it should be.
I know right? I thought they'd let you cancel it for plus frames or at least offer some kind of mixup/combo potential like Sonya's Military Stance.

And the moves from SOS themselves look pretty lame tbh. Coin Toss is cool-looking but so bad.

Last edited:

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Hey guys, I haven't really looked very hard so scold me if you must lol but I'm playing the outlaw variation. I found a video the you tube, I believe @InFlames posted it maybe? About making his 50/50 safer with option selects. Does that stuff still work? Can anyone just give me advice on his option selects, or just option selects in general? Like I can get them to come out properly with block always on, I can get them to come out properly when block is always off, but when I put it on random kombo it doesn't seem to work. I've watched videos and read a bit but I dunno if I'm having timing issues or what. I was hoping maybe somebody could give me pointers or something.

brahji

Noob
Hey guys, I haven't really looked very hard so scold me if you must lol but I'm playing the outlaw variation. I found a video the you tube, I believe @InFlames posted it maybe? About making his 50/50 safer with option selects. Does that stuff still work? Can anyone just give me advice on his option selects, or just option selects in general? Like I can get them to come out properly with block always on, I can get them to come out properly when block is always off, but when I put it on random kombo it doesn't seem to work. I've watched videos and read a bit but I dunno if I'm having timing issues or what. I was hoping maybe somebody could give me pointers or something.
A breakdown of this would be greatly appreciated. I could use some splaining.

SquirtMcGirt

Seems like the timing is really really strict, and I don't even know if it could be explained really. Robot hands lol that's all you need lmao

HeroesNZ

This? http://testyourmight.com/threads/making-erron-blacks-50-50s-safe-outlaw-marksman.51034/

Yeah these still work really well - especially for Outlaw. It's like Gun Cancels in that you've just gotta keep practicing to get the timing down. I find it helps to press Down twice instead of once - makes it more consistent for me.

KNX

Noob
I know right? I thought they'd let you cancel it for plus frames or at least offer some kind of mixup/combo potential like Sonya's Military Stance.

And the moves from SOS themselves look pretty lame tbh. Coin Toss is cool-looking but so bad.
Yeah I don't like the idea of just giving Erron universal nerfs and ignoring the fact that his options in Gunslinger are so limited. He legit has tools that don't even work, SOS2 being the main culprit. An anti-air that doesn't anti-air... NRS pls. The thing is I'm expecting Erron to be nerfed further as long as SonicFox keeps winning.

SquirtMcGirt

I'm pretty sure his b1 is a universal move. Anti air with that it's so retarded good. If they are closer after it hits you can 211tackle or probobly even run and b33 stab, or whatever ender you wanted for decent aa damage. It's soooo good lol.

KNX

Noob
b1 anti-air works, but it isn't that good. Used on reaction it'll lose or trade with a lot of the better jump-in attacks in the game. The risk/reward for attempting it tends to not be in Erron's favor.

Besides I'm not saying he has no other options for anti-airs (even though his anti-airs aren't great). I'm saying he was given a move that doesn't function as intended and just ends up kinda being there for no reason.

InFlames

dead
Honestly just keep trying with random combo on until you are comfortable with the timing in your head, don't look for visual cues to time the OS since the attacks hit differently on hit/block.

Regarding my video, don't use the f122 or b32 OS' since those are now punishable. Stick to b32db4d1 or f13db4d2. These are still unsafe against most of the cast but the pushback makes it hard to punish.

b1 anti-air works, but it isn't that good. Used on reaction it'll lose or trade with a lot of the better jump-in attacks in the game. The risk/reward for attempting it tends to not be in Erron's favor.

Besides I'm not saying he has no other options for anti-airs (even though his anti-airs aren't great). I'm saying he was given a move that doesn't function as intended and just ends up kinda being there for no reason.
Sadly d2 seems to be his only consistent AA that can be done on reaction.

HeroesNZ

Made a video showing why you should be hit-confirming 21122 when going for tick throws:
If you're going for a tick throw, only input 211 first. If it hits then you can confirm into a full combo by pressing the 22 part. This applies to all variations.

Noob

Noob
I just got this game, but is it just me or is his 21122 hard to perform? Am I doing it too slow. It seems like after the initial 2 the rest of the string doesn't work half the time I do it. I input it as fast as I can and then it works, but I press 11 immediately after a light tap of 2 and even then it only works some of the time and this is supposed to be a simple combo right?

I can do his others with ease. I still have trouble with NJP after b32u1, it only connects at random times it seems like. Do I need to practice a lot or did this game recently get patched?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
There's a brutality hidden in Erron Black's X-ray. I'm unsure about the prerequisites, but its definitely in there post-patch.

anyone feel like mentoring me on some erron black? im in the US on ps4 central time zone. psn: xantelope
Add me I'll be up for some practice. I main erron black. I can teach you some stuff.

Also anyone else who's up for some mirror matches or just want to throw down, feel free to add me!

Bucketfeet

Noob

Noob
I just got this game, but is it just me or is his 21122 hard to perform? Am I doing it too slow. It seems like after the initial 2 the rest of the string doesn't work half the time I do it. I input it as fast as I can and then it works, but I press 11 immediately after a light tap of 2 and even then it only works some of the time and this is supposed to be a simple combo right?

I can do his others with ease. I still have trouble with NJP after b32u1, it only connects at random times it seems like. Do I need to practice a lot or did this game recently get patched?
Can someone answer this please?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
What are some safe move cancels on block for outlaw variation.
My basic understanding of EB is that he isn't very safe, but if you're fast - you can beat them to the punch by attacking where they're not blocking.