What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

You want gunslinger buffed yet you want caltrops nerfed lol. Ice clone makes sense because it has a hitbox that will freeze you if you touch it? Uh...caltrops have a hitbox as well that will stop you from running if you touch it.........I don't know what point you are making there. Can't really comment on the pressure since I don't play Sub Zero.

Not sure what you are getting at with your last point either, yes you can't run through caltrops because NRS says so. Well duh because the NRS developers programmed the caltrops that way because thats how they intended it to work. Its the same with ice clones, the clones don't have some sort of vodoo spell that will freeze you on touch, its because like you said, NRS said so. They programmed the clones to work that way.
Yes gunslinger seems pretty bad and I just think meterless caltrops stopping run us too advantageous, not broken, but not balanced. Ice clone is an obstacle, it doesn't stop you from running, you just freeze if you run it to. You can run through caltrops, it'll hurt, which is why you take damage over time, but they don't just kill your momentum. You can even do run combos because you're on them. For meter that's cool, but I feel it shouldn't be meterless.

Noob
Ice clone doesn't stop you from running until you touch it. Caltrops don't stop you from running until you touch it. Caltrops don't do damage over time when you run over, only if you are standing ontop of them.

Hi guys i have a question about the ''Sword in Stone'' Brutality.
What's the timing for the U , D , U input after you stab you opponent?
I see he does 2 hits and the 3rd final is in the Head - so when should i input the U D U ?
Thans in advance!
As soon as he pulls back the sword after the initial stab input it

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Dunno why they are killing EB peace by peace, day after day while other better characters stay untouched and are more popular in top 8.

What are the changes on his d3 exactly ?

DarthVado

The Worst Guy
I would've been more okay with this nerf if D4 sand trap connected on hit, and D3 sand trap connected on block. Right now, I'm a little worried about Erron's poking game, since, in my experience, his lack luster low pokes were mostly saved by the threat of a sand trap follow up, where as now Erron actually gets fucked over if his opponent doesn't block the poke.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
NRS please please recognize that YOU guys gave all characters 3 varaiations. YES, THREE. I am disliking how they are buffing/nerfing only 1 or 2 variations and neglecting the remainder. This is happening for many characters in this regard and Erron in Gunslinger is one of them. GIVE US SOME F'ING USE OUT OF MONEY SHOT. I want to juggle with this, apply pressure (plus on block), hit overhead, SOMETHING !?!?!?

st9rm

viennality.com
so the command grab whiffs if you cancel it from a d3 on hit?
erron black bottom 5 confirmed :DOGE

KNX

Noob
The nerf is fine.

d3 into Command Grab on hit or block was pretty braindead. And I used this a shit ton...

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Gunslinger got nerfed?
Nah they're trying to nerf Outlaw but instead of focusing on variation-specific moves, they're going for the universal ones.

Gunslinger pretty much relies on the universal tools with a little more zoning, so when they nerf universal tools such as D3 tick throws it's actually Gunslinger that gets hit the hardest.

It'd be fine if they balanced it out by buffing variation-specific aspects of Gunslinger but nope. I'm starting to think they just don't like the hat.

KNX

Noob
Nah they're trying to nerf Outlaw but instead of focusing on variation-specific moves, they're going for the universal ones.

Gunslinger pretty much relies on the universal tools with a little more zoning, so when they nerf universal tools such as D3 tick throws it's actually Gunslinger that gets hit the hardest.

It'd be fine if they balanced it out by buffing variation-specific aspects of Gunslinger but nope. I'm starting to think they just don't like the hat.
Yeah I guess that's true.

Honestly, Erron has so many options to break defense, d3 tick throw on hit just seemed unnecessary, it does suck for Gunslinger because that variation needs as much cheap options as it can get but I can 100% see why they removed it...

As cool as the hat is, the unique tools in Gunslinger can never, ever warrant me using it over Marksman or Outlaw. Stand-Off Stance is nowhere near as cool as it should be.