What's new

General/Other - Erron Black Erron Black General Discussion Thread

HanSolo

Noob
I'm very new but any quick advice would be amazing. (Marksman)
I know theres frame data and startup and all that but I don't know how any of it works or anything. Basically my issue is im having a hard time attacking back. I block a string, then I go to my bnb f13/f12 to punish but before it lands they're already hitting me again even though I blocked and feel it's my opportunity to go on the offensive. I'm sure it's only worse bc of the online matchmaking issues but ultimately I'm losing a lot of matches i shouldnt be because I can't escape the pressure and get out of sticky situations. What should I be doing to respond in these situations, 21122or b32u1 or what? Thanks.

Noob
Add me I'll be up for some practice. I main erron black. I can teach you some stuff.

Also anyone else who's up for some mirror matches or just want to throw down, feel free to add me!

Bucketfeet
Hey I sent you a request a while ago: FiendBusa. Not sure if you added me D:

Noob
Idk if im late to this but i watched a video of Erron Black's xray on Predator and this is what the bullet had written on it.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I know theres frame data and startup and all that but I don't know how any of it works or anything. Basically my issue is im having a hard time attacking back. I block a string, then I go to my bnb f13/f12 to punish but before it lands they're already hitting me again even though I blocked and feel it's my opportunity to go on the offensive. I'm sure it's only worse bc of the online matchmaking issues but ultimately I'm losing a lot of matches i shouldnt be because I can't escape the pressure and get out of sticky situations. What should I be doing to respond in these situations, 21122or b32u1 or what? Thanks.
I think that's a 14 frame starter. Try 11b2 or 21122 after and use f1 when you're pressuring or they're crouching outside of d1 range.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
F1 is a 16 frame normal which is pretty slow, you'll wanna use a faster normal instead. 1 and 2 are much better options but both hit high. Sometimes the real answer in a lot of situations is just to d1 or d4 and open them up for your slower options like f13.

For punishes 21122 is the best go-to.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Found a weird glitch where erron black can command grab Ermac out of his Vanish and Disappear special move.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Outlaw has no safe cancels unless you use meter, and even then they can armor out of some of those. You have to practice hitconfirming or learning his option select to stay safe.
Just wanted you to know that I was picking up the character and was wondering if anyone was actually just hit confirming the strings (It does not seem that hard considering the amount of time I'll eventually put in.). So, I'm glad you mentioned it as a not insane proposition. Guess the option select would be great for people that get hit by the low and not the overhead for the overhead string, but if they are getting hit by that they probably are having bigger problems.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Just wanted you to know that I was picking up the character and was wondering if anyone was actually just hit confirming the strings (It does not seem that hard considering the amount of time I'll eventually put in.). So, I'm glad you mentioned it as a not insane proposition. Guess the option select would be great for people that get hit by the low and not the overhead for the overhead string, but if they are getting hit by that they probably are having bigger problems.
I hit confirm into sandtoss on F13 and 21122 strings. All the other one's i default ex sandshot.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Or you could just learn marksman instead and have much more safety/ better hit confirms and incredible pressure while only really losing an armored launcher :cool:

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Still having trouble getting it to work :/

I think I might just default to always F13 ex-sand lol
Understandable. It's difficult to always do correctly. I still miss it sometimes and I find it really easy to screw up online.

Just be wary that if your opponent blocks f13 they can armor through the EX sand grenade. It's good to throw in f132 every once in a while to test the waters.

Noob
Is it worth doing 11 on blocked opponents since its +2 on block?

Like you do 11 and if you think your opponent will block b3 (11B3) you just stop at 11 to give yourself a tiny advantage.

Not sure im not good with this frame data stuff lol

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Is it worth doing 11 on blocked opponents since its +2 on block?

Like you do 11 and if you think your opponent will block b3 (11B3) you just stop at 11 to give yourself a tiny advantage.

Not sure im not good with this frame data stuff lol
Yeah 11 is a good pressure string. It tick throws, is plus, and is a staggered string so you can go into the full 11B3 and catch people out.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Thanks!

What do you mean by staggered string?
A staggered string is when you only perform part of the string to maintain pressure against somebody expecting the full string.

So for Erron Black let's say someone is expecting you to use 11B3, you can stagger it by only using 11, that way they'll still be blocking expecting the full 11B3 and you can grab/mix them up.